Starting over

Options
Skittles2183
Skittles2183 Posts: 1,624 Member
Last year in Jan I was 371 I got so close to being out of 300 I was 302. I am now 360. I am starting all over again. this time is has been really hard for me. today I'm going back to zumba class after months of being away. I also plan to tract my food today. I am just giving my self this small goal. but I need all the help I can get.

Replies

• bevkidd1
    bevkidd1 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You can do it! One day/goal at a time. That's how I'm going about it. Every 10 lbs I am going to do something special just for me. I have a hard time saying no to people. I'm going to work on that this coming year as well.
  • Skittles2183
    Options
    I really do need to look at it as one day at a time.
  • jltheis7
    jltheis7 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Hey Skittles, you are not alone. I have regained 90 lbs in the last year and a half. I know how and why but it does not make it any easier, does it? One day at a time is sometimes too much for me. If you can go to zumba, I can get dressed, shovel the 10 inches of snow in the driveway, and go to Curves. That's one day...
  • SyllyReth
    SyllyReth Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I only lost about 20 pounds and then regained it all, but decided to get it all done again. I have a reward system for myself set up for every 20 pounds. I am really, really bad about tracking my food so that's a goal for me, too! I sent a friend request. It looks like we can help motivate each other!
  • HLaR79
    HLaR79 Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Skittles as hard as it is. At least you came back! It is hard to make those life long changes when we spent most of our lives teaching ourself the bad habits! I hope everything works out for you!!
  • Skittles2183
    Options
    Thank you all. it truly is hard for me. my goal for tomorrow is to do 30 mins on the treadmill. I know I can give my self that.
    17761776 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    You did once you can do it again!!!! Gayle Minneapolis
  • Skittles2183
    Options
    Happy New year all. this year I am getting my butt back into shape and being healthy again
  • AH_rhymes_with_FLY
    AH_rhymes_with_FLY Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I'm starting over too! My current weight is 349.7. Heaviest I have ever been. Looking forward to going in the right direction
  • Skittles2183
    Options
    I joined a group on FB we start on Sunday that we are doing 100 day challenge a bunch of them are from MFP. my goals are to get 30 mins of exercise a day even if its walking at a slow pace. I am going to do it for 100 days
  • bevkidd1
    bevkidd1 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I did a 40 minute chair yoga exercise today. I know chair yoga sounds kinda funny but that is where my movement/exercise level is right now. I want to keep going until I am able to do the more strenuous yoga. I will get there...
  • jeannie0007
    jeannie0007 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm new to MFP. I have a lot to work on. I would like to lose 150-175 pounds. I would still be considered overweight if I lost 150#! I know it will take time. I'm pretty much a couch potato so I think my first goal should be activity related. I think my goal will be to walk or free style dance for 10 minutes 3 times a day for the next week. How does that sound? Any suggestions or recommendations? It looks like I'm posting a reply. Oops! Sorry but I can't face retyping and I can't get the copy paste to work! ;-)
  • Skittles2183
    Options
    I think doing anything at all helps. I know how hard it is to just get moving. I wish I could just be a bum and lose weight lol. Yesterday I had goals and I didn't make them I over ate and I didn't go to the gym. I had a really bad headache and decided I should eat pizza because you know that would just help me out lol
  • jltheis7
    jltheis7 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm new to MFP. I have a lot to work on. I would like to lose 150-175 pounds. I would still be considered overweight if I lost 150#! I know it will take time. I'm pretty much a couch potato so I think my first goal should be activity related. I think my goal will be to walk or free style dance for 10 minutes 3 times a day for the next week. How does that sound? Any suggestions or recommendations? It looks like I'm posting a reply. Oops! Sorry but I can't face retyping and I can't get the copy paste to work! ;-)

Sounds like a good place to start!