Losing fat but not gaining muscle

Options
Does anyone know of any sort of workouts or diets I can do to lose fat WITHOUT gaining muscle? I need to get rid of some weight. I have a weight limit and so I need to be burning fat faster than gaining muscle?

Replies

• sandiknowles1979
    sandiknowles1979 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    They recommend doing fast walk or slow jog for fat burning and keeping your heart rate at a certain level to fat burn
  • ktsj2015
    ktsj2015 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know of any sort of workouts or diets I can do to lose fat WITHOUT gaining muscle? I need to get rid of some weight. I have a weight limit and so I need to be burning fat faster than gaining muscle?

It's pretty hard to gain muscle while on a deficit anyway, it is technically possible while in the first few months of weight lifting but outside of that it's not very easy to do especially accidently.

As a woman, gaining muscle is pretty hard without 'trying' if your eating a deficit then any muscle gains will be small even if weight lifting every day. when I mean small I mean REALLY small ....No woman ever woke up muscular by accident! you have to work.. damn hard gaining a few 1lb of muscle takes months and months of purposeful work/effort.

If you want to lose weight and don't want to gain muscle, then focus your workouts on cardio but without lifting/strength workouts you are most likely going to lose muscle. On a deficit with no strength training you will lose 'weight' and that will be comprised of both fat and muscle.

If you want to lose weight and maintain the muscle you have. Then eat a deficit, do some cardio and throw in some weight lifting just to remind your body that you have muscle and that you use it/need it. That way you should keep the muscle mass you have and your body will prioritise losing fat.

However I do wonder why you don't want to gain muscle? if your on a diet/running a deficit your going to lose weight regardless. Keeping the muscle/gaining alittle will make you look better overall as the body will look more 'toned' (god I hate that word). without it it can be very easy just to shrink in to a small slim but saggy mess because you lose all your muscle on your journey to get smaller.
  • riveragirl15
    riveragirl15 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    It will be hard to not gain muscle because your body wants to become stronger!

I recommend HIIT cardio routines. Google them, there's tons on stuff for running, or elliptical, of lightweight exercises to make you workup a sweat.

If you're curling 10s, and don't increase your weight to 15's, generally you muscles won't grow.

And a stair mill is my goto for fat burners!!!! Do it do it!