What's your favorite clean eating snack??

Options

Replies

• 68myra
    68myra Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    frozen blueberries!
  • LynseyJU
    LynseyJU Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    frozen blueberries - taste like sweeties :)
  • gerrielips
    gerrielips Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    a crisp, juicy, tart apple!
  • TrickyDisco
    TrickyDisco Posts: 2,869 Member
    Options
    One of my faves is a small handful of pumpkin seeds.
  • anlymc13
    anlymc13 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Roasted chickpeas are the bee's knees, hummus, air popped popcorn with some melted ghee, mini peppers, almonds and I love making jerky although I haven't tried it 'clean' yet!
  • RachelX04
    RachelX04 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    honey crisp apple with almond butter, almonds with 70% dark chocolate chips and unsweetened organic coconut
  • coatscloset
    coatscloset Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    RachelX04 wrote: »
    honey crisp apple with almond butter
    this sound delicious! Honey Crisp are the best apples!

• Mabs26
    Mabs26 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Edamame with roasted garlic! Yum!
  • 24DragonRose
    24DragonRose Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I like cucumber and tomatoes with either a little seasoned spicy salt, honey mustard, or guacamole .
    celery with smigen of peanut butter
    grapefruit, granny smith apples

i want to try these roasted chick peas they sound so yummy!! I have been making fresh humus every few weeks, spinage humus, black bean humus with spinage, tomato and cucumber blended in it just made that today a super good!!!

I love zucchini and brussel sprouts and baby red, yellow, orange peppers all roasted!!!!
  • angielapointe22
    angielapointe22 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Rice cakes and peanut butter, I cant get enough!!!!
  • lbenson49
    lbenson49 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    clementines are impossible to keep in my house right now. Everyone is eating them up.
  • lbenson49
    lbenson49 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Any suggestions other than eggs for protein snacks on a no-lactose diet?
  • Saree1902
    Saree1902 Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Jerky? I sometimes make mini turkey meatballs to have as a snack, or I'll have some cooked chicken (n.b. a lot of shop bought cooked chicken is full of sugars - check the ingredients!)
  • fitblackchic
    fitblackchic Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Do rice cakes count as clean? I'm thinking probably not but I do like them-not just because they're low calorie. I actually think they're delicious. But for a true clean snack I love oranges. I'm convinced that eating them throughout the winter is one of the reasons I rarely get sick.
  • fitblackchic
    Options
    greek yogurt with granola, boiled eggs, kale fruit salad (kale, honey, lime, dried mango, cranberries), homemade sweet potato chips or kale chips, greek yogurt with pb2, protein pancakes (1/2 scoop protein, 1tsp olive oil, 2 egg whites, 1/3c grinded oats (I use a coffee grinderto grind my oats) 1 tsp on cinnamon, 20-30g of banana and 20g strabberries Mix them all up add 1/4c slowly if its to much don't add it all....mix till pancake mix consistency. No need for extra oil as oil was added in already....put in a pan cover and let cook on low heat until golden brown flip over till golden brown as well. cook enough to where inside is fully cooked. hopefully I didn't forget anything..you can always add or take out according to your macro intake goals...additional stuff you can add walnuts, cashews, sugarfree chocolates...ect...
    Open Nature makes a great almond butter....just almonds and a little salt.

Almond butter is pretty easy to make on your own, fresh, if you have a good food processor. You just process it longer than you would to make almond flour.

Have you tried cashew butter? I'm tempted to try it but I don't know...
  • fitblackchic
    Options
    Zucchini chips oven baked

That sounds great.
  • RTGho
    RTGho Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Almond butter and sliced apple. 1/2 cup of cottage cheese with a half cup of blueberries thrown in when I'm in a hurry.
  • OrganicTess
    OrganicTess Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    nuts that I dry roast myself, a granola recipe that I found in one of Tosca Reno's books, kale chips, almond butter on apple slices
  • OrganicTess
    OrganicTess Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just made hummus using instructions for the Feb/Mar Fine Cooking magazine (if you happen to have that). I used the Vitamix instead of the food processor. It is fantastic. Much smoother than store bought.
  • Gturner81
    Gturner81 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Apple slices with a bit of peanut butter- I could eat the heck out of this all day long!

Me too I love this, it feels me up when I am craving bad foods.