What am I doing wrong?

Options
tammac52
tammac52 Posts: 9 Member
I am just starting my first day on the 90 day challenge. Did I eat to much fat? I have no idea what I am doing here. I want to be on a 1200 diet but how many carbs do I need? See picture. Thanks

Replies

• Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    What, exactly, is it that you think you're doing wrong? The only thing I see wrong is that you're not eating enough.

Why do you want to be on 1200 calories? Unless you're under 5 feet, that's very likely too few calories for you.

No, you're not eating too much fat. 60% is a good starting point, generally speaking, though it might help if you could be more specific on what "the 90 day challenge" is.
  • lowjax75
    lowjax75 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I agree with Dragonwolf. I think that's too few calories. The ratios you use are almost identical to what I try to target. 65% fat, 30% protein, 5% carb. Some people work different at different ratios, but this is what works well for me and many others. Have you done much reading on the LC way of eating?
  • tammac52
    Options
    I am 5'3" and weight 159. So how many calories and carbs do I need? I am so confused. Thank you so much for your response
  • tammac52
    Options
    90 day challenge is low carb
  • riveragirl15
    riveragirl15 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    veggies veggies veggies
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    What's the plan for after the 90 days?
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    tammac52 wrote: »
    90 day challenge is low carb

Is this a formal program? If so, please link to or provide more detailed information on it so we can better understand what you're using to gauge "right" from "wrong."

You can go to http://keto-calculator.ankerl.com/ and put in your information to get a guide on where your ratios and calories should be. Given your age, height, and weight, 1200 is a reasonable amount of calories and will allow you to lose a little over a pound a month, which isn't bad, given that the BMI scale puts you only about 15lb above the "normal" range for your height, meaning you only have around 20lb to lose to be at a good weight.

So, again, the only thing I see wrong here is that you were still several hundred calories shy. While you can get away with eating as little as about 1000 calories, you still don't want to go much below that too much. Now, it might happen once in a while on this way of eating (because sometimes, we're just not hungry), but that's fine as long as you allow yourself to go over on "hungry" days and don't have a lot of either without the other. They balance each other out over time, usually, but some people are more prone to falling into habits that are counterproductive to their goals.