Nutrition Breakdown *shamed*

Options
e_boh312
e_boh312 Posts: 12 Member
Oh god. I entered what I ate today and it showed that almost 50% of my diet today was fat!!! Ahhhh!!!! Time to start eating plain and clean. That's a nifty graph on here that really shoves your bad eating in your face.

Replies

• Xannedoe
    Xannedoe Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    e_boh312 wrote: »
    Oh god. I entered what I ate today and it showed that almost 50% of my diet today was fat!!! Ahhhh!!!! Time to start eating plain and clean. That's a nifty graph on here that really shoves your bad eating in your face.

Try to focus on cutting out sugary stuff, that'll help.
  • lmitchellf
    lmitchellf Posts: 110 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

Sometimes, eating more carbs is worse if a lot of carbs are sugars. Is your diary viewable to us?

Are the fats you're eating healthy fats?
  • dropdeadkate
    dropdeadkate Posts: 27 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Fat is very calorie dense so you may not have eaten a lot so much as everything else you ate was lower cal in comparison? Though you should probably up protein a bit. I try to do a 40/30/30 split (protein/carb/fat)
  • HiSkyfish
    HiSkyfish Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Honestly, doesn't make you fat necessarily. It's your sugar/carbs. Check out this video https://youtu.be/h6aMN6NLOTQ

If your carbs are too high you produce more insulin, which causes your sugars and carbs to be stored as fat.

Try a %60 fat, %25 protein, %15 carb macro for two weeks and you'll see a major difference.
  • e_boh312
    Options
    HiSkyfish wrote: »
    Honestly, doesn't make you fat necessarily. It's your sugar/carbs. Check out this video https://youtu.be/h6aMN6NLOTQ

If your carbs are too high you produce more insulin, which causes your sugars and carbs to be stored as fat.

Try a %60 fat, %25 protein, %15 carb macro for two weeks and you'll see a major difference.

Whoa! 60% good fats?! That's basically what my percentage was, but I don't think they were good fats lol. I really do need to cut out sugar though. I think my food diary is visable to anyone but I really need to change how I eat and go from there. It's just so boring to do clean eating!
  • HiSkyfish
    HiSkyfish Posts: 28 Member
    Options

Whoa! 60% good fats?! That's basically what my percentage was, but I don't think they were good fats lol. I really do need to cut out sugar though. I think my food diary is visable to anyone but I really need to change how I eat and go from there. It's just so boring to do clean eating!

It's as boring as you let it be. You can do quite a lot with the right spices and combinations. Tonight, i had a 6 oz salmon filet, fresh green beans cooked in the salmon drippings (omg so damn good) with a few sliced almonds, and a cilantro, tomatillo, and cucumber salad tossed in apple cider vinegar. Not boring in the least!
    It might sound more expensive, but really you end up saving money. All the processed and junk food costs more than you think. Fresh veggies (above ground), cheeses, fish, and various proteins (i'm not vegetarian, but you can do some great stuff with tofu). Our household grocery bill actually went down.

I fell off the wagon (medications, huge life changes etc) from the summer until about last week. Last time i did keto my husband and i were extremely successful. He went from 40'' pant to a 34'' in three months. i lost two dress sizes myself. I think that the whole "fat is bad" thing has been beat into societies head for too long. Low fat (processed) foods have more sugar, which is the real enemy.
  • e_boh312
    Options

It's as boring as you let it be. You can do quite a lot with the right spices and combinations. Tonight, i had a 6 oz salmon filet, fresh green beans cooked in the salmon drippings (omg so damn good) with a few sliced almonds, and a cilantro, tomatillo, and cucumber salad tossed in apple cider vinegar. Not boring in the least!
    It might sound more expensive, but really you end up saving money. All the processed and junk food costs more than you think. Fresh veggies (above ground), cheeses, fish, and various proteins (i'm not vegetarian, but you can do some great stuff with tofu). Our household grocery bill actually went down.

I fell off the wagon (medications, huge life changes etc) from the summer until about last week. Last time i did keto my husband and i were extremely successful. He went from 40'' pant to a 34'' in three months. i lost two dress sizes myself. I think that the whole "fat is bad" thing has been beat into societies head for too long. Low fat (processed) foods have more sugar, which is the real enemy.

I will check out that keto diet :) thanks