Scale... which do you use and how often do you weigh yourself?

Options
lynder64
lynder64 Posts: 285 Member
I can't remember not ever having one in my life. I bought myself the Aria last year... it seems to be quite accurate but I am not liking the number it revealed at my last weigh in ;-)

Anyhow... I've decided to try not to weigh myself until February 1st. I'm excited to see what months end will bring with me staying within my calorie range and getting in at least 5 days of exercise per week.

Replies

• 1cand0it2
    1cand0it2 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Hi, I think I have a Weight Watcher scale, and I confess I weigh daily, but only record it on Thursdays. It usually takes me a couple days to recover from the weekend! I make adjustments to my eating/workout based on the daily numbers. (fluctuation is usually down to water weight, but I throw in a fast day once in a while, where I only eat protein bars until dinner. They actually help with the sugar cravings.)

I'm working at getting enough vegetables/fruit this month, and adding an additional workout every week.
  • KarenGa4
    KarenGa4 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself twice a month and that is it. The scale felt like pressure last year so I made the scale unimportant and made me becoming healthy more important and it worked for me
  • Cheryl7777
    Cheryl7777 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    KarenGa4 wrote: »
    I weigh myself twice a month and that is it. The scale felt like pressure last year so I made the scale unimportant and made me becoming healthy more important and it worked for me

That sounds like a really good way to do it. I'm thinking about adopting your idea.
  • dawnz75
    dawnz75 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I love all you ignoring the lure and power that the scale can have over your attitude and emotions. I try to do the same thing but with a reverse tactic. I weight each morning and record it in a little notebook. For me, I just look at the average trend downwards and it makes me happy. If one day I am up a pound or 2 (due to water or TOM or something), I am to the point that I can say "whatever" it will be down again in the next few days. Weighing daily makes each day seem less important in my mind.

But I love the idea of just ditching the scale or limiting your visitation rights. I agree with Karen as well, we are not defined by the number, but by our overall health.
  • resilientmom
    resilientmom Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! I use a Taylor digital scale that I've had for about 7 years (might be time to upgrade)! I'm weighing one per week but recently read an article about how we should start weighing daily. I was doing daily weigh ins up until recently and would get so discouraged if I felt my eating and working out has been on point yet the scale went up or did move at all. I think now, I can get on it everyday and say okay, it didn't move and that's okay. It won't always show a loss. Have any only you seen this article going around?
  • sarahkova
    sarahkova Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I weigh once per week and won't do more have done it before and it was hell on my esteem. I dont have enough willpower to stay away for a full month. And I also have a Taylor digital.
  • christyg74
    christyg74 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I weight myself every day. I track using MFP and Happy Scales apps. Happy Scales shows averages and predictions. I am afraid to not weigh daily, it gives me comfort that I am still on the right track.
  • lynder64
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I "almost" lost my willpower this morning and hopped onto the scale!!! Had to push the scale even further out of sight under my dresser LOL

@resilientmom I think I did see a recent article suggesting daily weigh ins, but can't recall where I read it.

It's always interesting to see what other people are using for tools on their weight loss journey... thanks for sharing everyone :-)

• titinil
    titinil Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every day, but I only record it once a week, on Thursday night.
  • Leebett
    Leebett Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I weigh everyday. I think about two ways. 1st did what I did yesterday hurt or help? 2nd am I heading in the right direction. I record weekly and I'm happy with that!
  • ICameToGetDown
    ICameToGetDown Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily and log on Happy Scale. This allows me to see the daily fluctuations and to not freak out.
    I have my "official" weigh in recorded on MFP on Tuesdays.
  • lynder64
    Options
    I've never heard of Happy Scale... off to check it out :-)
  • emf2az
    emf2az Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I try to weigh only weigh once a week because I play the scale game. It's where you get on the scale to torture yourself after you know you haven't been "perfect" and you're down! Woo hoo! So then you relax a little for a few days, because being not perfect is working, and low and behold, you're up! Dang! nothing's working! I'll throw in the towel.
    I've done this so many times in my life, that's why I'm where I'm at.
    Although, I might look in to Happy Scale, too ;-)
  • jenjen0719
    jenjen0719 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Happy Scale is great! I weigh every morning and record on Friday in MFP. Good to know I'm not alone. Just a little reminder everyday of what I'm need to do!
  • lynzi2016
    lynzi2016 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I don't know what kind of scale I have. It's just a digital one from Walmart. Lol I used to weigh everyday but I want song any difference day to day so I weigh on Sundays now.
  • ckbluesgirl07
    ckbluesgirl07 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I have a digital scale that I bought from Walgreens several years ago. I weigh on Tuesdays and Fridays.
  • SuesNewImage
    SuesNewImage Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    I have a digital scale. Weigh every morning and put in Happy scale but only put in MFP weekly. If I don't do that I forget to weigh on Monday mornings. This way it is a habit 1st thing every morning.
  • lynder64
    Options
    Oh scale how I missed you so... my little challenge to not jump on the scale for the entire month is OVER now thank gawd lol
  • justtjoy
    justtjoy Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Well done lynder64 .. Thats a hard challenge !