Introductions!

Options
13»

Replies

• lmitchellf
    lmitchellf Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! I'm Jessica(SerenityTaps on imgur) from Kansas. Fairly new to imgur but have used MFP and quit it several times due to discouragement. I'm trying to make 2016 the year I get serious about my health again. I'm 5'2" and at 220lbs I'm the heaviest I've ever been. Aiming for 160lbs and less sugar to start. Looking to get my eating habits under control and maybe some small workouts. I'm happy to be here and meeting like minded imgurians!

Welcome to our group! They say weight loss is 80% food and 20% exercise. What you choose to eat will have a big roll to play in your weight loss journey! Tracking your meals is extremely important. You can do this!!
  • SerenityTaps
    SerenityTaps Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    [quote="lmitchellf;34979868"
    Welcome to our group! They say weight loss is 80% food and 20% exercise. What you choose to eat will have a big roll to play in your weight loss journey! Tracking your meals is extremely important. You can do this!![/quote]

Thanks for the welcome! I ended up getting discouraged from obsessing over every bite that went in my mouth and feeling deprived when I couldn't "allow" myself to have what I wanted to eat. Loving food and hating the gym do not make for good bedfellows. :smile:
  • HiSkyfish
    HiSkyfish Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Genesis (genesis530 on grr)
    I'm 28f from Brevard NC in the Smokey Mountains, recently moved here for Charlotte. I *thought* moving to a great hiking area would help the weight fall off, but it rains all the damn time and I had to quit my job to move here (husband's company relocated). So if course I gained instead in the last 4 months.

Anyway, I need to drop 100lbs idealy, but I'll be happy with 60lbs and hitting One-derland again. I lost 110 in my early 20s, but after 2 kids and life, it all came back. It's time to get back in gear!

It's nice to have an imgur group on here! Lord knows I spend all day on there. Maybe we'll all be on there a smidge less since we'll be out exercising!

On Sunday my husb and and I are starting the keto diet (low carb/macros and all that) so I'll start logging then. It really does work if you stick with it! Check out r/keto if you're interested. Huge community there.

Good luck everyone!
  • lmitchellf
    lmitchellf Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    HiSkyfish wrote: »
    I'm 28f from Brevard NC in the Smokey Mountains, recently moved here for Charlotte. I *thought* moving to a great hiking area would help the weight fall off, but it rains all the damn time and I had to quit my job to move here (husband's company relocated). So if course I gained instead in the last 4 months.

Anyway, I need to drop 100lbs idealy, but I'll be happy with 60lbs and hitting One-derland again. I lost 110 in my early 20s, but after 2 kids and life, it all came back. It's time to get back in gear!

It's nice to have an imgur group on here! Lord knows I spend all day on there. Maybe we'll all be on there a smidge less since we'll be out exercising!

On Sunday my husb and and I are starting the keto diet (low carb/macros and all that) so I'll start logging then. It really does work if you stick with it! Check out r/keto if you're interested. Huge community there.

Good luck everyone!

I hope you finally are able to take time for yourself! Momma has to stay healthy for her little ones as well as yourself. It is good that your husband is joining you on your diet journey
  • e_boh312
    e_boh312 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    HiSkyfish wrote: »

Good luck everyone!

I have to loose 100 lbs too! Add me!
  • MichaFran
    MichaFran Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    lmitchellf wrote: »
    MichaFran wrote: »
    Hi everyone, my Imgur name is sillypoopies. 2 years ago I was in great shape and only 15 lbs from my "goal". Then I got married, ended up working at a poutine-only restaurant, and now working nights in a group home. I gained it all back and weigh 220.

I am 6'1", so the weight doesn't show on me like shorter people, but due to being very tall AND plus size, I have a REALLY hard time find clothes I like that fit me! My goal is to get back to 165-170!

Awesome goal, what is your plan to help lose the weight since you work in food and at nights?

• MichaFran
    MichaFran Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am going to do the 21 Day Fix by Beachbody! My main issue is I don't really know how to eat well, and it teaches you how to eat balanced. ☺️
  • robingoblin
    robingoblin Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hey there! Hope it's not too late to post on this! I'm Robin, 188 lbs (I think, wince), 5'6", size 12. I've been vaguely trying to get healthy for a while now! I've been gaining 5-10 lbs a year since sophomore year of college (ultra stressful college, family, mourning, unemployment, etc) and it needs to stop, especially since I don't have the best genes.

I'm mostly in a better place emotionally, and now I just need to get there physically. I need to stop the emotional eating and lethargy. I LOVE the feeling of burning calories (mostly because it means I have more room for a tasty snack) and making healthy low-carb meals!

I'm going to try to not make this about weight, since that stupid number hasn't budged much since it dipped a measly 5 lbs before my wedding (after months of x-treme personal training and dieting). Rather, I'm going to try to solidify HEALTHY habits. If the weight doesn't fall off, it's not going to be my fault! :P

Thanks for making this awesome group!
  • Xannedoe
    Xannedoe Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hey there! Hope it's not too late to post on this! I'm Robin, 188 lbs (I think, wince), 5'6", size 12. I've been vaguely trying to get healthy for a while now! I've been gaining 5-10 lbs a year since sophomore year of college (ultra stressful college, family, mourning, unemployment, etc) and it needs to stop, especially since I don't have the best genes.

I'm mostly in a better place emotionally, and now I just need to get there physically. I need to stop the emotional eating and lethargy. I LOVE the feeling of burning calories (mostly because it means I have more room for a tasty snack) and making healthy low-carb meals!

I'm going to try to not make this about weight, since that stupid number hasn't budged much since it dipped a measly 5 lbs before my wedding (after months of x-treme personal training and dieting). Rather, I'm going to try to solidify HEALTHY habits. If the weight doesn't fall off, it's not going to be my fault! :P

Thanks for making this awesome group!

It's never too late to join :) I wish you good luck and post whenever you feel the need to :)
  • beaux62
    beaux62 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey all! My name is Jordan. I saw someone posted about this around the holidays so I thought I'd join the group. I have been lifting for about a year and a half. I have a few goals that don't have as much to do with weight loss as they do with building muscle and trimming up a bit. Unfortunately I have neglected my legs more than my upper body so that's one of the first things I want to work on. Second I want to try to become a little more cut. I want to work on my midsection the most. I have to really work on my diet to accomplish what I'd like to accomplish and I think that will be the hardest thing for me to do. Good luck to everyone in the group!!:)
  • Xannedoe
    Xannedoe Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    beaux62 wrote: »
    Hey all! My name is Jordan. I saw someone posted about this around the holidays so I thought I'd join the group. I have been lifting for about a year and a half. I have a few goals that don't have as much to do with weight loss as they do with building muscle and trimming up a bit. Unfortunately I have neglected my legs more than my upper body so that's one of the first things I want to work on. Second I want to try to become a little more cut. I want to work on my midsection the most. I have to really work on my diet to accomplish what I'd like to accomplish and I think that will be the hardest thing for me to do. Good luck to everyone in the group!!:)

good luck to you to, and welcome to the group :)