Introductions

Options
krispy1982
krispy1982 Posts: 47 Member
Hi all!

I started NROL 4 W and after the first stage I was really bored and it started to look like doing it at home meant repeating a lot of the same exercises. Also, I felt like it wasn't necessarily geared for my personal goals so I switched to Strong Curves.

I'm in my first week and holy cow! My butt hurts! The first workout I thought maybe it wasn't really going to do much but, like Bret said in book, once I figured out how to make sure I was using my glutes and not my legs and back - ouch! (The good ouch)

My CW is 136
GW 125 'ish'
Height 5'4

I have some fitness goals but am really only lifting because I like it and want to look better. Totally vain but it's true! ????

How about you guys?

Replies

• JKDLady
    JKDLady Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Hello!

I too started with NROL4W, but felt it was too advanced for me. I didn't feel like I had the proper form, which was confirmed when I met with a squat coach.

I start week 9 of Booty-ful Beginnings Program for Beginners on Monday. I am really excited since I will use a barbell for my hip thrusts for the first time.

I absolutely love this program and am pleased with my form. I can no go below parallel on my squats. Yesterday I used a 30 pound dumbbell. I don't think I will have a hard time with a barbell.

I only have one more week before I leave for a two-week vacation, so I'm going to make this week count!
  • Bugsgettingfit
    Bugsgettingfit Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hey Y'all,

My name is Katie. I am currently on week 6 of "Bootyful Beginnings". I want to work through all of the programs in the book slowly.

So far, AMAZING RESULTS! My friend and I are doing this program together, and it is so nice to build on!

Although my butt did not just 'up and perk up' or anything, I have definitely started to notice ridiculous definition in my legs, hips, and butt. Probably in the last two weeks more than anything.

I read through the whole book slowly to make sure I understood everything, then started a few weeks ago.

I've been upping my weights each week, and tracking the differences in how I feel after each workout as well. Also been getting closer and closer on hitting the macros like he says to in the book... though that is really hard to do on the weekends!
  • stinastudios
    stinastudios Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I'm currently finishing up week 6 of Booty-Ful Beginnings.

I'm a little different than the rest of you as I'm a big girl (currently 277 lbs from 315), and don't get to see any definition results yet.

But I do feel stronger. And my booty (Which my husband loves and asked me to try to keep during my weightloss, lol) hasn't gotten much smaller, but has gotten rounder and perkier. I feel like I can walk faster and stand for a longer period of time (My side job is at Macys so that is very handy).

So far the only change I've had to make was to eliminate any lunge activity (My knees are too unstable to do them without causing pretty bad pain afterwards). i've learned that I can substitute with bulgarian split squats (Which I wasn't sure I could actually do, but it turns out I can! Yay!)

Love Glute bridges and Hip Thrusts!
  • krispy1982
    krispy1982 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I tried those split squats today and they are haaaarrrrdddd!!!
  • Rcarito
    Rcarito Posts: 5
    Options
    Hello!!

I'm Rachel. I have been lifting heavy (powerlifting mostly) for about a year and a half now. I want to focus more on the glutes so I figured i would give this program a shot. I'm getting the book today and plan to start next week. Feel free to friend request me :)
  • elawoman72
    elawoman72 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hi Gals!

It has been some time since I lifted - about a good year or so - where does the time go??? Anyway, I was on the NROL4W trek as well - saw great results and progress but did not maintain my results. Boo me. So, dusted myself off and picked up Strong Curves three weeks ago. I've made some gains already and honestly cannot recognize my physique when I catch a glimpse of my reflection! I am shrinking! My clothes are fitting better, I am stronger and dare I say leaner?!

I am also a 'fluffier' gal, but do have the proportion thing going on and my body. I honestly do not care what the scale says, I just don't want to jiggle (as I always say!). Really -that number is so deceiving.

Anyway, look forward to reading about everyone's progress! I can't find any place on the internet for Stong Curves discussions (though I do like to visit TNation). I LOVE LIFTING!

BTW - I have a challenge where my man thinks I shouldn't be lifting. He asked me why I want to get 'yolked out' and bulky. SIGH....I know what works. Can't wait to show him how this will transform my body. It's already showing!

I love squats and DLs!!!
  • jahzbuttafly
    jahzbuttafly Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies,
    I am new to lifting and I found the NROL a bit hard to follow so I abandoned that program. Well, I am rapidly approaching 52 and would like to get myself in a consistent and effective strength program to improve my health (lower BMI) and accentuate my cardio (run 2-3 days a week).

Any advice is welcomed! Good luck!
  • coachsteffie4
    coachsteffie4 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm going to revive this thread in case anyone out there is still doing Strong Curves. Anyone, anyone??
  • cnbbnc
    cnbbnc Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    I started reading about it yesterday and think I may want to give it a go. For the most part the workouts look like things I would be comfortable doing at the gym. I'm doing this on my own, haven't touched a barbell before, and am worried about correct form and if I even have enough strength for things like that yet.... I read up on 5x5 strong lifts and don't think that's for me without having help.

I wandered over here to see if anyone else was doing it so I could get a feel for if this is for me.
  • Anniebotnen
    Anniebotnen Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I think you can definitely do it! There are several programs in the book, and one of them is a beginner program. Also, both Bret Contreras and Kellie Davis have tons of videos on u tube that you can check out for correct form. I did the program last year, and loved it. I have since switched to their online coaching program, Get Glutes, which is absolutely fabulous, but I think as a beginner, you'd be better of with the beginner program in Strong Curves.
  • SnowballsMom805
    SnowballsMom805 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Hey Im just starting out too! On work out C week 1 of bootyful beginners. Is there anyone else out there still doing this
  • tiffanylacourse
    tiffanylacourse Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    Hey Im just starting out too! On work out C week 1 of bootyful beginners. Is there anyone else out there still doing this

I'm starting tomorrow, but I'll be doing Best Butt Bodyweight/At Home Workout first, then moving on to bootyful beginners.
  • Anniebotnen
    Anniebotnen Posts: 332 Member
    Options

I'm starting tomorrow, but I'll be doing Best Butt Bodyweight/At Home Workout first, then moving on to bootyful beginners.

They're great programs, I think you'll be very happy with the results!
  • ambsnic17
    ambsnic17 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I'm in week 1 now. So far, I really enjoy it!
  • giusa
    giusa Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    ambsnic17 wrote: »
    I'm in week 1 now. So far, I really enjoy it!

Working with someone now but the program won't meet my goals so I'm considering starting one of the full body programs. Which one did you start?

Wish this group was more active....
  • demonica910
    demonica910 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I started July 2016 with BBG and by December I lost 30lbs. I plateaud and decided to add some cardio into my workout and have since lost another 7 lbs by just doing 10-15 minutes of jumping rope 3-4 times a week. I finished BBG two weeks ago and freaked out...what was I going to do next. I started my own workout working individual muscles on different days. I came here to the MFP community and a reply from Sardelsa (spelling?) sealed the deal. I am in Day 2 of Strong Curves and already I'm excited about seeing gains. Good luck to everyone out there!!
  • MarylandRose
    MarylandRose Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    If anyone's out there...ordered the book last night and can't wait for it to arrive. I do Bodypump (cardio lifting, ish) 3x week and I'm looking forward to mixing up my gym routine.
  • spraytanninghelens
    spraytanninghelens Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. Book arrived today and can’t wait to sit and get reading and start the program.
    Looking forward to hear how everyone gets on with it 🤗