Fibromyalgia and/or Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, anyone?

Options
2»

Replies

• deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    I just read that a severe Vitamin D deficiency can mimic fibromyalgia.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    deksgrl wrote: »
    I just read that a severe Vitamin D deficiency can mimic fibromyalgia.

@deksgrl it seems like Vit D deficiency is a factor in most premature deaths from many causes. Thankfully the Vit D3 and Vit K2 needed to get our Vit D levels into the 70-90 range costs very little. I have ready the same thing about fibromyalgia that you mentioned.
  • gettinfabnfit
    gettinfabnfit Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I plan on doing 50 carbs a day and I'm not actually officially diagnosed but I've had symptoms of fibro and CFS syndrome for over 15 years as I have an autoimmune form of hypothyroidism since childhood. Feel free to add me if you want, I'm here to lose 65 lbs AGAIN using low carb all over
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Dx with fibromyalgia just over 5 yrs ago. Nothing made a difference to me until I went gluten free and upped my magnesium.
    I post all clinical trials/studies re: FM that come in my inbox from Medscape (health professionals' cont ed website) here: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10104325/medscape-updates-on-clinical-studies-medical-professionals-continuing-ed-site-re-fm#latest
  • annieboomboom
    annieboomboom Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I now take cod liver oil- pure liquid form, from my health store refrigerator, plus Electro Mix (sometimes 2 packets if I am exercising)made by the same folks who do Emergen-C which I also take; light version, dissolves in water.
    I am not a huge believer in pills but I heard that collegen as found in Reserveage ( expensive) is helpful to fatique and joint pain.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    I mention this on another thread, @CoconuttyMummy, but I wanted to make sure you saw it too...

http://www.health-science-spirit.com/borax.htm

Boron deficiency can aggravate so many pain related disorders. It's worth checking into...
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    baconslave wrote: »
    Keto has done a lot of things for me, except getting rid of the chronic fatigue.

@Baconslave, you are so knowledgeable about so much stuff, I'm surprised you haven't found this out yet. Chronic fatigue has been strongly linked to magnesium deficiency as some other posters have already pointed out. Suggestions: soak your feet in hot water with Epson salts every day; or take a hot bath with Epson salts every day or might I suggest the use of a very pure form of magnesium oil if you aren't currently using any...:I'm sure you probably already are supplementing Magnesium in some way since you follow LCHF.

http://www.sunfood.com/magnesium-oil-4oz.html

Hope this info helps.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    Hey @KnitOrMiss there is boron in my magnesium supplement.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,956 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    ladipoet wrote: »
    baconslave wrote: »
    Keto has done a lot of things for me, except getting rid of the chronic fatigue.

@Baconslave, you are so knowledgeable about so much stuff, I'm surprised you haven't found this out yet. Chronic fatigue has been strongly linked to magnesium deficiency as some other posters have already pointed out. Suggestions: soak your feet in hot water with Epson salts every day; or take a hot bath with Epson salts every day or might I suggest the use of a very pure form of magnesium oil if you aren't currently using any...:I'm sure you probably already are supplementing Magnesium in some way since you follow LCHF.

http://www.sunfood.com/magnesium-oil-4oz.html

Hope this info helps.

Yes I've been supplementing mag for awhile.I have a topical oil lined up to use after the pills run out that DH got me for Christmas.
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options

That's cool. I think that is the minimum effective dose, @Sunny_Bunny_. LOL If you have any continuing joint discomfort, you might look into adding more... What exactly is that stuff, like a powder like a form of Emergen-C as far as how it mixes up? It looks interesting. Do you have a link to where you get it? I'm not currently taking a multi - as most of my blood work showed specific areas of deficiency...
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »

That's cool. I think that is the minimum effective dose, @Sunny_Bunny_. LOL If you have any continuing joint discomfort, you might look into adding more... What exactly is that stuff, like a powder like a form of Emergen-C as far as how it mixes up? It looks interesting. Do you have a link to where you get it? I'm not currently taking a multi - as most of my blood work showed specific areas of deficiency...

I take 1 1/2 scoops twice a day so I'm taking 3 total doses according to the lable.
    I bought it locally at a store called Mother Earth. I went in seeking a good magnesium and that's what the lady recommended. It tastes like a sour fruity, fizzy drink.
  • glossbones
    glossbones Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    I've gotten that Magnesium drink off Amazon in the past (when I took it for cramps. I haven't been taking supplements for the past few months.).
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »

I take 1 1/2 scoops twice a day so I'm taking 3 total doses according to the lable.
    I bought it locally at a store called Mother Earth. I went in seeking a good magnesium and that's what the lady recommended. It tastes like a sour fruity, fizzy drink.

Rock on! You're leaps and bounds ahead of the rest of us, then! :)