Rock Your Resolution: January Challenge, Week 2 (1/8-1/14)

Options
baconslave
baconslave Posts: 6,963 Member
Welcome to Week 2 of our January Challenge.

The requisite blurb:
Here we are. Another year gone. But a new one is just starting, and in keeping with the tradition of a New Year Resolution, we have a challenge for you aiming at helping you KEEP that resolution this year.

Let us know your resolution, or even just a way you'd like to challenge yourself this month.
You can report your progress to your goal, whether it be ultra-obsessive daily hitting your low-carb plan basics, or working on a fitness goal, or even nailing down other good habits in your life. And if you have problems or need advice, you'll find that here.

Each week there will be a thread to collect your progress that week and to interact with other challengers.
The post up in the stickies will contain links to the weekly threads should this one get buried. 2 clicks will get you back to this one without having to search.

This is a fresh new year.
Own it.

We'll be here to cheer you on.

Happy New Year and make that resolution stick.

Keep it rockin', me hearties. :heart:

Replies

• nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    I am low carb but not as low carb as I want to be or should stay. I am working on getting in a few weeks of very low carbs so I can forget about Xmas.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    1/8 summary
    SW: 153.4; 150.6 when I started keto 11/6
    CW: 135.2
    GW: 132ish/BF 24-25%

Today's cals: I have about 200 calories left. Not hungry but might end up eating a little something more before bed.
    Carbs: 29gm net
    Exercise: Yup! Did my 20-min YAYOG (strength) training workout. One of my newly 7-year-olds joined me. :) He has hypotonia and has been in PT off and on since he was 2.5 so I was proud of him for willingly joining me!
  • reblazed
    reblazed Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    JAN 8

SW: 247 (12/12, started keto)
    SW: 228.2 (Jan 1)
    CW: 225.2
    GW for January: 224
    GW for 12/31: 180
    Calories under 1200: yes
    Carbs Under 20: yes
  • SamandaIndia
    SamandaIndia Posts: 1,577 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    1.complete 2016 major holiday schedule
    - started

2. Consistent sleep. Bed before 11pm so I can wake early.
    -Crashed and burned, no survivors!

3. Exercise 4/5 week day mornings for >30 mins with aim to Increase muscle, decrease body fat.
    -done m,t,w then had a virus so none thurs n fri

4. Keep net carbs <30
    -Done :)

5. Reduce weight by one pound per week
    -zero this week but I am ok with that. I have lost 20lbs in 18 weeks so far, and I know my body goes slow after a rapid drop which was last week.

Not a brilliant start but happy I am understanding carbs better.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    @SamandaIndia ! It's an awesome start! You're well on your way!
  • baconslave
    Options
    Karlottap wrote: »
    @SamandaIndia ! It's an awesome start! You're well on your way!

Exactly. Looks great to me.
    Sometimes when we drop fast, we'll stall for awhile. Our bodies are freaked out a little. It will start moving again.
  • baconslave
    Options
    Ok.
    Current weight: 157.8lb
    Still holding onto some water weight. Lovely.

Friday 1/1:
    Logged: :+1:
    Water: :+1:
    Electrolytes: :+1:
    Calories: :+1:
    Carbs: :+1:
    Exercise: HIIT :+1:
    Prelogged next day: :+1:
    Stayed away from booze: This is a no-brainer during the week. The weekends are the problem. :+1:
    8/8

Snowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.png

• slimzandra
    slimzandra Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Saturday Checking in

SW 150.0
    CW 149.2 YEA! Finally moving again
    GW: 5 pounds in January

Calories- Yes
    Carbs- Awesome , Lets go Keto
    Exercise- Lots of scrubbing and cleaning. I'm counting it!
    Logged - Yes
    And yup, no Friday night drinking.

Looking forward to a great weekend!
  • SamandaIndia
    SamandaIndia Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    @baconslave Amazing week, in isolation, leave alone the ***** going on in your life. Impressive! Thxs for support to you and @Karlottap. Slow week for me but that is part of the roller coaster. As has been mentioned before... keto on :)
  • SoosannahK
    SoosannahK Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    SW: 235.0 (10/31 started LCHF 11/1/15)
    SW:226.8 (1/1/15)
    CW: 222.8

Lost 4lbs last week yeah! And down 12.2 lbs total in 10 weeks. Not bad. Failed miserably at the whole not weighing myself.

This week gonna work on getting my carbs back down under <20g. Starting to have a little carb creepage. Nip that in the bud right now. Haven't gone over 30 NC though.
    Logged my food every day. And have been drinking my water religiously. Calories are up and down but macros are usually on point.
    This week gonna keep on eating off of my meal plan. Not really following it day by day, but have been eating my meals based off the recipes.
    Still have yet to make it to the gym. I will work on that this week and go at least twice.
    Going to be a stressful week for me. Testing and assessment for a field training officer position. I test on Monday and if I make that cut, assessment center on Friday. Really don't want that job but it is the next step up in my career if I wanna move up the ladder. Doesn't matter to me I like being a field paramedic on the ambulance. So no worries if I don't make it through. So maybe it won't be that stressful.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    SW: 153.4 (SW for keto, 150.6 on 11/2)
    CW: 135.8

Calories: under
    Net carbs: 8gm
    Exercise: check! (yoga today)

• reblazed
    reblazed Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    JAN 9

SW: 247 (12/12, started keto)
    SW: 228.2 (Jan 1)
    CW: 225
    GW for January: 224
    GW for 12/31: 180
    Calories under 1200: yes
    Carbs Under 20: yes
  • leverage24
    leverage24 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    H: 5'0
    SW: 144.8
    CW: 136.6
    GW for Jan: 130
    GW:110
    Calories under 800
    carbs under <15
    Protein around 60
    fats <50

No working out just long walks.
    Should I increase or decrease anything?
  • baconslave
    Options
    SoosannahK wrote: »
    SW: 235.0 (10/31 started LCHF 11/1/15)
    SW:226.8 (1/1/15)
    CW: 222.8

Lost 4lbs last week yeah! And down 12.2 lbs total in 10 weeks. Not bad. Failed miserably at the whole not weighing myself.

This week gonna work on getting my carbs back down under <20g. Starting to have a little carb creepage. Nip that in the bud right now. Haven't gone over 30 NC though.
    Logged my food every day. And have been drinking my water religiously. Calories are up and down but macros are usually on point.
    This week gonna keep on eating off of my meal plan. Not really following it day by day, but have been eating my meals based off the recipes.
    Still have yet to make it to the gym. I will work on that this week and go at least twice.
    Going to be a stressful week for me. Testing and assessment for a field training officer position. I test on Monday and if I make that cut, assessment center on Friday. Really don't want that job but it is the next step up in my career if I wanna move up the ladder. Doesn't matter to me I like being a field paramedic on the ambulance. So no worries if I don't make it through. So maybe it won't be that stressful.

Good luck with your testing and assessment. :smile: Nice loss as well!
  • baconslave
    Options
    Still sick. And I think it's turning into a sinus infection. Oh well, too bad.
    CW: 157.6 :neutral:
    Whatever. I'm doing what I'm supposed to. All I can do is wait.

Sat 1/10:
    Logged: :+1:
    Water: :+1:
    Electrolytes: :+1:
    Calories: :+1:
    Carbs: :+1:
    Exercise: Kettlebells :+1:
    Prelogged next day: :+1:
    Stayed away from booze: I almost didn't. The bottle was on the counter. But I said no. :+1:
    8/8

Snowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.png

• nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Ugh. Keeping carbs well under 20 g again from higher over the holidays (30-40g tops) and I can't shake this migraine. I am drinking broth a couple of times a day and salting my water and food. Extra magnesium. Boo.

Last night I really wanted to have a handful of chocolate chips and coconut just to try to get rid if the pain. I went to bed instead. Hopefully this will fade away sometime today.

Okay, wah, wah. Enough of that pity party. If I hadn't let my carbs creep up this wouldn't be an issue. Again. Right? I'll learn someday. Maybe. ;)
  • annalisbeth74
    annalisbeth74 Posts: 328 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    1. Under 40 carbs a day
    -so far so good. I might have gone over yesterday, after I discovered the meat I had cooked for dinner was actually bad and I ended up eating almonds for dinner instead, but the rest of the week I was on track.

2. No sugar at all in January
    -so far so good.

3. Yoga every day
    -had to take a few days off because of back pain, but I Googled yoga + back pain to see what I was doing wrong and I'm starting back today.

4. Clean or declutter something every day
    -yeah, not so much. I did a couple of times, though.

5. Lose another 40 lbs by July, half by the end of February
    -had a good first week getting the holiday carb bloat off. Only 1.5 lbs left to get my first 10 lbs. off.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    @baconslave! I hope you feel better quick! Being sick truly sucks! :blush:
    @nvmomketo, ugh, the migraines can be tough!! I understand completely! Hope it passes quickly! Don't forget cold compresses on the back of your neck, and forehead!

Hugs for you both!

@leverage24, my only recommendation is to increase your calories! 800 isn't enough (unless there are medical reasons for it). Otherwise things look good!
  • baconslave
    Options
    Karlottap wrote: »
    @baconslave! I hope you feel better quick! Being sick truly sucks! :blush:
    @nvmomketo, ugh, the migraines can be tough!! I understand completely! Hope it passes quickly! Don't forget cold compresses on the back of your neck, and forehead!

Hugs for you both!

@leverage24, my only recommendation is to increase your calories! 800 isn't enough (unless there are medical reasons for it). Otherwise things look good!

Agreed. You really shouldn't eat less than your BMR. Unless a dr tells you to of course.
    http://keto-calculator.ankerl.com/

Plug your stats in there and see what it tells you. Eating too little can stall you like eating too much.
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    Checking in after checking off a lot of my to do/declutter list. Also painted for a bit, and am ready for the new week.
    Followed keto plan. Felt hungry for mist og the day. Already in bed to avoid further temptation. Might be another day or so it shows up. Patience is required.