Week 2 Weigh In & Challenge

Leebett
Leebett Posts: 238 Member
Hope all is going well for everyone on this new adventure. I know that some of you only weigh every other week or only once a month! So, just check in and let us know that you're still on the path to success. I will be keeping track of everyone's weight loss and will announce a "Biggest Loser" each week/month. I hope to see everyone take their turn at the top (bottom) even though we all know ANY loss should be celebrated by all. I find it motivational, if you don't just ignore it!

***Challenge***
Do something to make this journey easier for you!

I'm going to find my fitbit, buy the battery that it needs and start wearing it again. You might buy a pair of running/walking shoes or a new workout outfit. It doesn't need to be a purchase. Maybe you organize your workout dvd's or create a calendar for success. Maybe you would like to make a vision board. Do what works for you and will make changing your lifestyle easier. We all know that little changes are what will make this stick.

Onward We Go!
~Michelle

Replies

• HiyaItsMariah
    HiyaItsMariah Posts: 21 Member
    Good Morning MFP Buddies!! I hope you all had an amazing week!!

As for me I did fairly well with last weeks challenge. I meal prepped everything, and was able to stay under my caloric intake. I logged all my food everyday except for yesterday; Hey, 6/7 days isn't bad considering I HATE tracking with a passion lol. One thing that helped me stay on track was setting a schedule for me and sticking to it. As a personal goal I plan to eat food every 2-3 hours, and with MFP yelling at me when I didn't log my food at a specific time really helped me stay consistent. I also found that getting up and completing my workout in the morning before work increased the chances of me actually working out for that day.

As for this weeks challenge, I plan to eat simple healthy meals. Trying to be creative, and having several ingredient meals it too time consuming and expensive. I found that If i keep the ingredients the same and just changed the flavors (seasonings) than I will not get bored and more likely to succeed.

Check in: (officially started 12/17/2015)
    Starting Weight: 238.0 lbs
    Last Weeks Weight: 230.0 lbs
    Current Weight: 227.2 lbs
    Weeks Weight Loss: 2.8 lbs
    Overall Weight Loss: 10.8 lbs

Remember, A year from know, you would have wished you started today. Awesome Job starting!!
  • dawnz75
    dawnz75 Posts: 579 Member
    Hello Everyone!

Hmmmm challenge: It would be helpful to have a written out exercise schedule. As a SAHHM (second H is for homeschooling) my days look very different based on that day's activities, classes, etc. If I have it written out for the week then I can post it somewhere I will see it during the day, instead of just trying to "fit it in" my day.

SW: 236
    CW: 233

Last week we spent 3 days up in the mountains playing in the snow. I also need to just toss out all the extra goodies, hot cocoa packets, etc. that we brought up with us for the trip. Trip is OVER, I CAN throw away $6 in food for the sake of health! LOL
  • MommaLovesToLoseIt
    MommaLovesToLoseIt Posts: 271 Member
    It sounds like everyone is doing well so far! My starting weight jan 1 was 298.6. As of today I am 294 for a loss of 4.6 pounds. I did great logging every bite this week even though I haven't actually ern online a lot. For the next challenge, I have bought myself some new workout pants today and I also went through some clothes that don't fit! Might try and organize a different workout program too. Good luck to everyone!
  • christyg74
    christyg74 Posts: 87 Member
    Congratulations everyone! I am down 2.6 pounds for the first week, only 97.4 more to go!!
  • lynder64
    lynder64 Posts: 285 Member
    Good job to all you losers out there ;-) It's inspiring to be on board with such a great group of people! I've noticed an increase in my energy levels these last few days. I managed to do the treadmill Mon thru Fri for a half hour each morning. It started to feel "easier" towards weeks end. My trusty fitbit encouraged me to get 10,000 steps in for 6 out of the 7 days (treadmill steps included) but overall it was 10,000 steps plus per day as I went over on a few of the days :-) I tracked daily and while I did go over a few days, I was under on others. Overall, what I took away from this past week of logging, is that I need to really try to only eat 50-75% of my exercise calories back just to be on the safe side.

Have yourselves a great on track kinda week everyone!!!

• titinil
    titinil Posts: 142 Member
    Last week's weight 239, this week 235 for a loss of 4 pounds.

I purchased some new workout t-shirts in different colors.
    To help keep me on track, I looked at a calendar and planned when I would do each type of workout (strength/cardio) and then entered it as an appointment in Cozi.
  • Leebett
    I am inspired by all of you!

Last week = 300.4
    This week = 295.6
    Loss = -4.8

Like I said in the post, my challenge this week will be to track down my fitbit and get that battery to start tracking steps!

Keep with the logging everyone. It seems to be working!
  • FiddlinRDH
    FiddlinRDH Posts: 15 Member
    Great job everyone!!!
    I am going to unearth my exercise bike so I can use it.

starting weight: 1/2/16 299.2
    1/10/16: 286.5
  • middyfire
    middyfire Posts: 12 Member
    SW-298
    CW-289 (yeah, I'm sure a lot of that's water, but I'll take what I can get)

My goal to make things easier is to actually meal plan. I tend to grab a lot on the fly, and I've been doing okay calorie-wise but it's definitely harder trying to sort things out every meal.
  • christyg74
    christyg74 Posts: 87 Member
    Congratulations everyone! I am down 2.6 pounds for the first week, only 97.4 more to go!!
  • KarenGa4
    KarenGa4 Posts: 148 Member
    Still on the road of success -- I weigh in twice monthly, next weigh in date is January 14th. Congratulation to everyone who has lost weight. I'll let you know my weight loss on Thursday evening.
  • KarenGa4
    KarenGa4 Posts: 148 Member
    edited January 2016
    I see this challenge is going to rear up my competitive nature. Okay, this is going to be really challenging, you people aren't playing. I was taking it slow at the beginning. I know I've lost weight, but now I know I have to step up my game and add some exercises. You guys aren't leaving me in the dust.
  • kilara21
    kilara21 Posts: 69 Member
    Great job everybody! I had a great week myself. Looking forward to seeing everybody's losses next week! As far as ways to make this easier....for myself I will be setting up weekly breakfast and lunch menus, along with preparing as much as I can in advance. This help me stick to eating healthier foods. I find if I have to pick food at a moment's notice, I go with my tastebuds before I go with what's good for me.

SW: 259
    CW: 255
  • NCGatorJen
    NCGatorJen Posts: 18 Member
    SW: 243
    CW: 240.5

Happy to have lost. I'm used to the WW big losses the first week so I was a little deflated yesterday but I know slow progress will get me to my goal in the end. I just want out of the 240s this week too!
    Making this easier: I made mason jar salad lunches last week and did the same for this week. I also start each morning with myfitnesspal.com diary page open and leave it open all day to track my food.

Good luck to everyone!
  • dawnz75
    dawnz75 Posts: 579 Member
    edited January 2016
    Everyone is doing so great. IF last week was not great for you, just start NOW. You all are an encouragement to me today to get some exercise in! I got a blister yesterday while exercising. I "think" I will be ok with these bandages and 3 pairs of socks! LOL not gonna let it stop me. =) Happy week to you all...
  • Leebett
    KarenGa4 wrote: »
    I see this challenge is going to rear up my competitive nature. Okay, this is going to be really challenging, you people aren't playing. I was taking it slow at the beginning. I know I've lost weight, but now I know I have to step up my game and add some exercises. You guys aren't leaving me in the dust.

That's exactly why I started this group! Seeing success and that I can be done only inspires me to do better and work harder!
  • Leebett
    middyfire wrote: »
    SW-298
    CW-289 (yeah, I'm sure a lot of that's water, but I'll take what I can get)

My goal to make things easier is to actually meal plan. I tend to grab a lot on the fly, and I've been doing okay calorie-wise but it's definitely harder trying to sort things out every meal.

Take it! Big first week is expected! Just don't be disappointed if you don't lose quite that much next week ;)
  • jenjen0719
    jenjen0719 Posts: 58 Member
    Okay I'm a little late on joining in but I want to take a part to keep me accountable. Everyone is doing great.

SW...368.8
    CW...366.6

My goal is to exercise 30 minutes every day. In this cold weather my walking has slacked off. Thanks to the suggestion of A Leslie Sansome video....I've gotten in already! Just got to keep it going.
  • lynzi2016
    lynzi2016 Posts: 30 Member
    In not sure I can lose 100 in a year, but I'm willing to try. :)
    1/1/16: 268.2
    1/8/16: 265.3

I'm down 2.9 pounds. Not a big loss but it's progress. Good luck ladies.
  • ICameToGetDown
    ICameToGetDown Posts: 958 Member
    Everyone is doing great!!
    I did very good last week with my weigh in today of a 3.1 loss for 3.8 total to this challenge.
    Today I just didn't have it in me to exercise. Tuesday's are hard. I think it is because I sleep so terribly on Sunday night that Monday I am so tired when I get to bed I am just out and so groggy. Exercise at night is not my thing. Getting a shower before bed is just inefficient lol.

Week challenge: planning! I wrote down my exercise goal for the week. I am also spending some time to remove from my closet the things that are too big :-)

SW 273.5 10/12/2015

Challenge SW 251.4
    CW 247.6
    Challenge Loss: 3.8