• silico
    silico Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Command and conquer (dawn). Epic.
  • _HunterKiller_
    _HunterKiller_ Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    oecn7pv6el37.jpg

Was something that look similar to this. Am I really that old?
  • Nephy07
    Nephy07 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Lion King, Jungle Book (dos games), Zelda etc.
  • FuncTioN64
    FuncTioN64 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Mario got me going. Stuck around because of contra, Zelda, R TYPE, castlevania... So many more....
  • Negative_X
    Negative_X Posts: 296 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Super Mario Bros, on the original NES. :)

All tho I did play some Asteroids & Pitfall on a friends Intellivision before that.

The rest is history.
  • jamesrmgibson
    jamesrmgibson Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Oh man, been playing games since I was like 6 (SNES) but, the first game that I played non-stop and several times over was, like a lot of people my age (mid-20s), Pokemon Red/Blue.

Got nostalgic a few months ago and downloaded it to my phone, still epic.
  • MissTattoo
    MissTattoo Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    I loved Pitfall on the Atari. Super Mario Bros and Duck Hunt on the Nintendo. Sonic on Sega. Zelda on the 64 was my first RPG. I fell in love with RPG's. It was the first game I bought the Prima guide for. I spent so much time doing everything possible in Zelda. I remember always rushing home from school to do my homework, watch Sailor Moon and then play Zelda. lol Then it was FF7 and like most people, I fell in love with it and the Final Fantasy series.
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    I started out as a casual gamer with classic Nintendo whether it was the Game Boy or N64. I really started my addiction when Starcraft // Warcraft came out. Red Alert wasn't as interesting for me.
  • BioShocked89
    BioShocked89 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I had played the usual games with my brothers. Goldeneye, every Mario game, Turok, Worms, StarFox, Sonic. I tended to prefer Pokemon. But the game that had me staying up late, for 8-9 hours straight was Harvest Moon A Wonderful Life. I know a lot of gamers either completely hate the game or love it, and I loved it. Still love the series. It's a very relaxing game.
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    Ever heard of a series called Hero's Quest? Space Quest? King's Quest? These games were my first and the ones that got me hooked on electronic gaming. :)
  • feisty_bucket
    feisty_bucket Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    penrbrown wrote: »
    Ever heard of a series called Hero's Quest? Space Quest? King's Quest? These games were my first and the ones that got me hooked on electronic gaming. :)

Yeah! I had a high-school job in a computer store when the IBM PCjr was new, and King's Quest was on a cartridge for it (a launch title?). The graphics were really good for the time, and we demo'd the hell out of it at the store.
    Probably the first action-adventure game like that I can think of.

People forgot that thing had cartridges; pretty strange to consider now. Like so:
    254124-ibm-pcjr-rom-cartridge.jpg
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    The oldest games I used to play were on floppy disk and were like games where you built things or scared ghosts away with a camera.
  • komik25
    komik25 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Shining Force 2- Sega Genesis
  • AtomicCupcake1
    AtomicCupcake1 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Pac man on NES!
  • ayamagali
    ayamagali Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I was raised with computers and games at a very young age (3-4). So yes to Kings Quest and such, Sonic on Sega. Anyone remember Kyrandia? That was awesome! I get hungry for it!
  • rowlandsw
    rowlandsw Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    It had to have been an atari game. My friend and his brother had a grandma who loved to buy them stuff so they always had a system and games before anyone and I have no doubt it was there. Plus there was an arcade nearby so friday nights we'd go to the mall and the arcade.
  • megzchica23
    megzchica23 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    My first system was a NES. I played many games on it though, so I don't know which made me a gamer. I played Super Mario Bros, Duck Hunt, World Runner, Mario Pinball, and a lot of Rad Racer. Then I moved on to Pokemon, Duke Nukem, Doom, Need for Speed, Tekken and 4x4 Offroad Racing. Those are the most memorable games of my childhood.
  • silico
    silico Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Command and conquer Tiberium dawn on PC. Bought it for a quid at a car boot.
  • TK6299
    TK6299 Posts: 502 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Tank on the original Atari. Okay, so I am showing my age. Mind you, I do own an Xbox One and I can geek with the best of them.
  • jamielikesyou
    jamielikesyou Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Pong. No word of a lie, first console my dad bought for me. I'm pretty damn ancient. Loderunner got me hooked on computer gaming though.