August 2016 moms

Options
Any other women with an August due date? I'm due August 8th with my first. I am trying to eat healthy and keep active, the last thing I want is to end up fat at the end of this pregnancy!

Replies

• syrr
    syrr Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm due August 5 with my second. I never thought about eating healthy and working out until my first kid was almost 2, so I'm definitely planning to do this pregnancy smarter...however, nausea has thrown me off the past few weeks so I've been eating poorly (and a lot to keep the nausea from getting worse with hunger) and not working out. I'm hoping to get back on track any day now as I start to feel better.
  • kmburns3
    kmburns3 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I am due August 18th with my second! With my first I gained 80 lbs, this time around I want to keep it to 35 or less. Healthy eating and working out are goals.
  • LisaTcan
    LisaTcan Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am due August 12th with my first. I was near my goal weight and in good shape when I got pregnant, I'm aiming to gain around 30lbs, so far I'm 9 weeks and have gained 3.

I've been eating pretty well but not getting as many workouts in due to fatigue and nausea. Hoping it will pass soon!
  • Eliz_99
    Eliz_99 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I'm due 14th August. I was almost at goal when I got pregnant.
    So far I've lost 3 lbs at 8 weeks. I'm now 9 weeks but haven't weighed in yet.
  • fit_mama30
    fit_mama30 Posts: 178 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I'm due August 15th with my second. I'm 9 weeks now and I'm up 2 pounds, which is okay since I tend to gain quickly but then the weight gain slows down a bit. I gained 25 pounds with my previous pregnancy, as suggested by my doctor. I haven't been working out due to exhaustion and nausea, but it seems to be better so I will be back at it this week. I'm also back to logging because it seems I can (finally!!!) now eat more than just carbs... ;)

With my 1st, I just kept doing whatever I was doing before. Some cardio and lots of weight training. It worked fine for me!
  • fuelednfit
    fuelednfit Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I'm due august 12th with 2nd. Developed diabetes during first pregnancy and it stayed after so not healthy is not an option and I am hoping to keep exercising until the end while eating healthy. I want to avoid weight gain so my diabetes doesn't go crazy overboard after the pregnancy. I am walking between 1h to 2h a day and doing body weight every other day. Good luck to all the august mom's! !
  • MomOnAMission76
    MomOnAMission76 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Due 8/31 with my second. Lost 40 lbs prior to pregnancy through IVF. About 75 left to lose post-delivery. Gained 22 lbs with my daughter, trying to keep it under 20 for this one.
  • kateangel2312
    kateangel2312 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Expecting my 4th baby in august. The struggle to eat good is very real!
  • LisaTcan
    Options
    Hey August mamas! How are you all doing? Anyone showing yet? I'm 12 weeks, I've gained 3 lbs or so and I'm starting to show already although I can still hide it depending on what I'm wearing.
  • syrr
    syrr Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I'm finally starting to feel the nausea lift! And yesterday, I exercised for 50 minutes in the morning, and still had energy the rest of the day, so I'm getting excited about getting more active again! From all the over-eating I was doing to keep the nausea at bay, I've definitely gained a few, so all I'm "showing" is from that, but no baby bump yet, haha! I can't wait! I hope everyone else is feeling well!!
  • fuelednfit
    Options
    Nausea is lifting here to at 13w! Weight stabilizing and no bump!
  • kmburns3
    kmburns3 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Doing good here! Same weight but definitely starting to show, my pants are getting tight in the belly. I am not ready for maternity clothes! Anyone do the verify by Progeny blood test (for chromosome disorders and gender)? I get my results the 9th, a little nervous but also excited.
  • fuelednfit
    Options
    I did the blood test but just for chromosome disorder. I have a second blood test to do before results are out but the buccal translucency was just perfect so I am quite positive
  • Curlychip
    Curlychip Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Hello! Just joined the group. Been awol from mfp for ages. Currently my diet has a lot of crisps (salt and vinegar, pickled onion) and lemonade as Im still sicky ... :)
  • darkmiko2014
    darkmiko2014 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    August third with my third, hoping for a girl since I have two rowdy boys already lol New baby has turned me lactose intolerant so been having to adjust my diet greatly while still being able to make meals for the rest of the family. Havent gained any yet, and hoping not to gain too much as I'm already considered obese by my doctor.
  • LisaTcan
    Options
    I opted out of the screenings for chromosome disorders, I'm in my late 20's and didn't want to worry about a false positive. Excited to be heading into the second trimester! Feeling waaay better than I was. I'm up about 4lbs but since my BMI is 21 I figure that is OK.
  • EmmaDetermined
    EmmaDetermined Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I am due in June but I had the blood test for chromosomal disorders. Came back as 1/27000 risk and I was very relieved, then at 20 week scan baby's femur length was low so I was I started worrying again. There is no end to worrying in pregnancy and motherhood, is there? I recon you've got it right, Lisa! No test results = no worry.
  • LisaTcan
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Emma, I'm sure everything is fine! I'm still having the 20 week anatomy scan next month, excited to find out the gender and nervous to make sure everything looks OK! But yes I'm sure the worrying will last their whole lives!
  • darkmiko2014
    darkmiko2014 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Right now my lil one is due on August 1st but knowing my luck will be here much sooner lol
  • LisaTcan
    Options
    How are you all doing!? My belly has totally popped, 15 weeks now :)

gggkxj5d31t6.jpg