What diet foods are you never, ever eating again?

Options

Replies

• annalisbeth74
    annalisbeth74 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Fat free dairy, dressings and mayo. Yuck.

Oh, wow. I totally forgot about that stuff. And the "I can't believe it's not butter" spray?

• auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    Fat free dairy, dressings and mayo. Yuck.

Oh, wow. I totally forgot about that stuff. And the "I can't believe it's not butter" spray?

Oh my yes that butter spray I used to love it. What is that even made out of. I used to but the spray salad dressing too and count out how many sprays I had used
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Anything artificial! If it doesn't occur in nature, it's not on my list! :smiley:
  • Emily3907
    Emily3907 Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    - Frozen Meals in general. I have yet to find one I like. All the meat comes out rubbery and questionable.
    - Low Fat anything, but mainly cheese. I am pretty sure low fat cheese is served in hell.
    - Canadian Bacon (Can we just call it ham? It is NOT bacon.) Give me real, fatty, crispy bacon.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    Emily3907 wrote: »
    - Frozen Meals in general. I have yet to find one I like. All the meat comes out rubbery and questionable.
    - Low Fat anything, but mainly cheese. I am pretty sure low fat cheese is served in hell.
    - Canadian Bacon (Can we just call it ham? It is NOT bacon.) Give me real, fatty, crispy bacon.

Lol! Low fat cheese is most definitely served in hell!

"Diet food" that will never again be in my house would be any of those meal replacement shakes or bars!
    Look at this Slim Fast lable. Let's assume someone drinking these doesn't care about carbs... It has 10g of sugar per serving! If they're replacing breakfast and lunch with this stuff, that's 5 teaspoons of straight sugar! Plus the glucose they will get from the rest of the carbs, this may as well be labeled "How to Fast Track Your IR or Pre-Diabetes to Full Diabetes and Wreck Your Hormones Meal Plan!"
    43ci29ejpded.jpeg
    Looks almost impressive with all those vitamins and minerals huh? Then there's the ingredients...
    Sugar is number 1! Then appears in its lesser known forms again
    zrmq81qrw1p3.jpeg
    I don't even understand how this is real. I'm completely unable to see how it can be viewed as food for weight loss... Oh yeah, calorie math of course! Lol
  • JodehFoster
    JodehFoster Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    anything formulated to be "diet" food...I'll work the real stuff into my day if I crave.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Snack wells, ewwwwww! But lord I used to eat those like crazy.
    And rice cakes. WTH is the point to rice cakes???
  • jemcult15
    jemcult15 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    low fat/fat free cheese & lite creamy salad dressings
  • slimzandra
    slimzandra Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Where do I start? I tried Lean Cuisine, Orange Pineapple Slim Fast, (HAHA) Nutrisystem, WW, Advocare, protein shakes, diet pills, UG!!! I ate unbuttered popcorn, rice cakes, drank Tab like crazy, shopped low-fat dairy, low-fat everything. This LCHF woe was a complete change for me and now I couldn't be happier and healthier! I can laugh about it now.

For the first time in years, for these past 7 months I have energy, not "staaavin", and losing weight consistently. I was a complete non-believer that this would be my woe -- until I tried it fully committed. My food now is delicious! I wouldn't touch that stuff now if you paid me. I look forward to cooking and eating a great meal. All the excuses about not having enough time to prepare meals were wrong.
  • Emily3907
    Emily3907 Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options

I am convinced rice cakes are recycled packing peanuts.
  • smuller73
    smuller73 Posts: 71 Member
    Options

For when you get a serious craving for eating Polystyrene??
    Rice cakes with Fat free cottage cheese. bleeeurgh! I can't believe I ever ate that rubbish and tried to convince myself I liked it.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,956 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

LOL! It's eating air to trick yourself into thinking you are actually getting to eat food.:lol:

Oh yes and margarine. BLECH. I have to use that (until I make some ghee- one day soon!) for my lactose intolerant son. That stuff is gross. It even smells like chemicals to me.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    ...recycled packing peanuts! LOL :D
  • ChoiceNotChance
    ChoiceNotChance Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    OMG- How about rice cakes with FF cottage cheese spread on them. Good grief- the things we used to do to ourselves.
  • bluefish86
    bluefish86 Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    OMG- How about rice cakes with FF cottage cheese spread on them. Good grief- the things we used to do to ourselves.

or low fat peanut butter? Blech...
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    Anything and everything with Olestra :s .

Olestra products represent the second most combustible fat-free food group ever (trailing only Polyethylene Glycol, Salmonella, and other modern colonoscopy preps).

The bowel-activating fat substitute is also known as "sucrose polyester," apparently representing the best of bad food and bad (but eminently-washable) clothing.

Still available (!) through Amazon :o :
    716pMVGdFoL._SY450_.jpg

Mercifully extinct :) :
    wowchip2.jpg

Modern uses: Scientific American reported that P&G considered marketing Olestra as an industrial versus gastrointestinal lubricant.

YMMV
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options

I think you're right.
  • travelistadiva
    travelistadiva Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    You guys are hysterical! I agree with a lot of your comments, especially ff ranch dressing. :s
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    bluefish86 wrote: »

or low fat peanut butter? Blech...

how about peanut butter powder reconstituted with water to avoid the fat.
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    @auntstephie321...that would be PB2..I have a big jar of it that's been sitting in the pantry! How did I ever spread that on my Ezekiel raisin bread every morning?? :s