January miles/minutes challenge

Options
mamarundrc
mamarundrc Posts: 1,577 Member
Happy New Year! Join in and set a challenge for yourself. Choose a goal, miles or minutes, and start moving to reach your goal. Miles can be walked, crawled, bunny hopped, run, or biked. Anything counts. You can either track just your exercise miles or use a fitbit or pedometer to track. This is your challenge, just post what your intention is and then use this thread to hold yourself accountable.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PNsObLhefvZf7eIJH_SOJShbjZDAjkTYl6PJI5r4gh8/edit?usp=sharing

Replies

• mamarundrc
    Options
    I disappeared at the end of December and know I didn't come close to hitting my goal. I am shooting for 160 fit bit miles for the Month of January. Race season starts in a month, I need to get moving!
  • jemsurf
    jemsurf Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I did not reach my December goal, but I did run 23 miles more in December than I have the last 5 months altogether. My January goal will be 55 miles.
  • mamarundrc
    Options
    I just signed up for a challenge that is 1000 miles in 2016. I have now committee to doing 1000 intentional exercise miles in the year. This should be fun! Good motivation.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    I'm going to skip this month. Jan. - Apr. are going to be incredibly busy for me, so I will have very little exercise this month.
  • malovafarms
    malovafarms Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I don't have a fitbit, but I can post my cross country ski km's .. (Canadian :))
  • mamarundrc
    Options
    I don't have a fitbit, but I can post my cross country ski km's .. (Canadian :))

Sounds perfect!
  • mamarundrc
    Options
    I'm going to skip this month. Jan. - Apr. are going to be incredibly busy for me, so I will have very little exercise this month.

We will be here when things calm down! Good luck getting through the busy months!
  • HatherM
    HatherM Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I know, I know I've been MIA off this group for quite some time... Going to try to be more active on here.
    OK so I signed up to a 1000 mile walking challenge in 2016 - so my January miles I'm aiming for are 83miles (which with 2 rest days a week works out at around 4 miles a day - 5 days a week) :)
  • HatherM
    Options
    I've added 2 lines to the spreadsheet - I want to do the 1,000 miles intentional exercise miles but Runkeeper doesn't always track for me, so I'm going to log my Fitbit miles too
  • KatieTee83
    KatieTee83 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I missed my December mark as well, so I'm ready to go hard this month. Going for minutes again, which keeps me accountable for doing some kind of exercise every day. o:)
  • punkrockgoth
    punkrockgoth Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    My goal is 69 miles this month. I just signed up for a marathon in June so I've got some training to do.

exercise.png
  • rebeccatherine
    rebeccatherine Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Missed my goal in December by a lot, but it's a new year and I'm signed up for a 5K in March. Time to get moving again. I'm going to keep my same goal, 150 Fitbit miles for the month.
  • HatherM
    Options
    We got this, January will be our month :) Start the year strong B)
  • KatieTee83
    KatieTee83 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I know it's only 6 days in but January has been going really strong for me so far. I'm feeling great and super juiced about finally getting to my goals. Yay!!
  • HatherM
    Options
    KatieTee83 wrote: »
    I know it's only 6 days in but January has been going really strong for me so far. I'm feeling great and super juiced about finally getting to my goals. Yay!!

Good Work :)
  • jcbenes
    jcbenes Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Sounds like fun. Just signed up. I hope to see my numbers increase rapidly over the next couple months. I have a Tough Mudder to run in May, and I am just starting to turn things around physically. I'll get there though, one day at a time.
  • mamarundrc
    Options
    jcbenes wrote: »
    Sounds like fun. Just signed up. I hope to see my numbers increase rapidly over the next couple months. I have a Tough Mudder to run in May, and I am just starting to turn things around physically. I'll get there though, one day at a time.

I did a Tough mudder in Vermont in 2014. Lot's of fun! It was a great way to push myself out of my comfort zone. If you have any questions or need any advice let me know. I run 15-20 obstacle course events a year and am part of a group who does them all over New England. If I don't have an answer I am sure I know someone who does ;-)
  • mamarundrc
    Options
    i had a slow week due to illness but I still seem to be more or less on track. Now that I am feeling better I need to get moving!
  • rebeccatherine
    rebeccatherine Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    At the halfway point I am behind. My current battle is having no desire to leave my apartment to go work out when it's sub-zero outside. (And that's subzero Fahrenheit, in case anyone here is from outside the U.S.) These are the days where I wish I had enough room in my apartment for a treadmill. Later this week it's supposed to get back towards the 20sF so hopefully I'll be able to catch up!
  • gkingbr
    gkingbr Posts: 292 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    are y'all going to do this next month too? this looks like it would be really motivating ( i love the weekly challenges on the Fitbit)
    would it be ok to join this challenge and upload the data from my fitbit dashboard?