2.5 weeks in and gaining?

Options
2»

Replies

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I would consider not exercising too much either. Going overboard ends up being counter productive. It creates stress, which produces cortisol, and a while chain reaction of hormones that can set you back. Think of the exercise as an enhancement and not what actually created the weight loss. You also get inflammation and water retention from sore muscles and too much time spent each day can really trigger hunger that negates any benefit you would've gotten in the first place.
    I think it's generally suggested to do a HIIT type workout that only takes like 10-15 minutes a couple times a week. Like twice.. Not 4 or 5 times. Or cardio in 20-30 minute sessions 2-3 times a week. Of course, anyone that is more fit and has been at it longer can generally do more if they want to.

Yep the excess exercise is true for me. Every single time I've cut my exercise in half I've lost weight that week. And the only exercise I do is walking lol Usually over 20,000 steps a day. I would assume weight lifting or intense exercise would affect the scale even more.
  • daylitemag
    daylitemag Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Definitely agree with others comments. I try to weigh myself just once per week. Even doing that sometimes I don't see movement. Someone on this forum once wrote that the scale reading is actually a reflection of what you ate two weeks ago, not yesterday or today. I think those are wise words. You've got to give yourself time to see results. I personally have found that things in the bathroom have changed a lot since beginning this new WOE back in Oct. I now can go a couple of days with no "action" in the bathroom so this can effect the scale readings. I then will have a day with lots of activity in the "little room" and suddenly the scale is my friend again.
  • mountainrun73
    mountainrun73 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I listened to a Fat Burning Man podcast over the weekend in which he interviews Denise Minger (of Death by Food Pyramid fame). One of the topics addressed was "why some women gain weight on Paleo." Granted, LCHF is not necessarily Paleo, but it may still apply. The answer, in a nutshell, was that some people - women in particular - need more carbohydrate for proper hormone function. And that there could be gut issues. The link to the podcast is here: http://fatburningman.com/denise-minger-raw-vegan-vs-paleo-ditching-dietary-dogma-and-how-to-spot-a-fraud/

I also read a book called "No Fail Fat Burning For Women" by Skye St. John. She definitely advocates a LCHF, Bulletproof-style diet. She also recommends "carb re-feeds" every 10 days using "safe starches" such as sweet potato, plantain, butternut squash, and white rice. Interesting concept. I haven't tried it myself, as I have been eating fruit and starch after running so I'm not super-low carb (try to stick between 50-100g). and for the record, I am restarting after a lot of holiday cheating and a couple pounds gained
  • Tanya1551
    Tanya1551 Posts: 20 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Such great feedback - thank you all!
    I was looking at my diary and saw a number of days where i was close to 800 cals so that could have been a factor too. I bumped to 1500 today with lots of fat to try and switch up things . Im going to look into many of the resources posted. Thank you!
  • Tanya1551
    Tanya1551 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    The gain has now turned into a 0.2 loss .... So from 268.8 to 271.0.yesterday back down to 268.6 this am - only change is that i ate a ton of bacon and avo for dinner and bumped up my calories.
    Your support on this post truly helped me not to fall off the wagon completely yesterday - i now trust the process!!
  • DarlingNikki2011
    DarlingNikki2011 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Tanya1551 wrote: »
    The gain has now turned into a 0.2 loss .... So from 268.8 to 271.0.yesterday back down to 268.6 this am - only change is that i ate a ton of bacon and avo for dinner and bumped up my calories.
    Your support on this post truly helped me not to fall off the wagon completely yesterday - i now trust the process!!

Good to hear. As many have said, it's not always easy to stay on this journey. However, the results often speak for themselves if you exercise a little patience. Ciao for now and remember KCKO!
  • Andee2000
    Andee2000 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Tanya1551 wrote: »

I lost mine this morning too. :smile: I made the decision to work at this 10 pounds at a time. So my goal is always to lose ten then when I meet that I'll reset my goal to the next ten.
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    Water alone, and whether or not you've pooped, can make a difference of 5 or more pounds.