Moving on from injuries

Options
lmitchellf
lmitchellf Posts: 110 Member
Hi all!

I've been away a bit from the discussion boards. I was in a car accident on Sunday and have been having pain in my back. I was actually going to meet my sister to go for a run and was tboned by another driver. Needless to say I haven't been working out since then and am not really sure where to go from here. I am afraid of further hurting myself, but I just feel helpless now. Running is my stress relief, my way of staying on my health and fitness goals and I feel like it was stolen from me. I was also getting into a routine with strengthening my body and it just feels like I was really starting to accomplish my weight troubles and now I've been knocked out of the ring!

Someone just tell me this will get better!!

Replies

• Xannedoe
    Xannedoe Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    lmitchellf wrote: »
    Hi all!

I've been away a bit from the discussion boards. I was in a car accident on Sunday and have been having pain in my back. I was actually going to meet my sister to go for a run and was tboned by another driver. Needless to say I haven't been working out since then and am not really sure where to go from here. I am afraid of further hurting myself, but I just feel helpless now. Running is my stress relief, my way of staying on my health and fitness goals and I feel like it was stolen from me. I was also getting into a routine with strengthening my body and it just feels like I was really starting to accomplish my weight troubles and now I've been knocked out of the ring!

Someone just tell me this will get better!!

Keep fighting!!! there are a lot of things you can do to lose weight / stay on your weight. put some more focus into your food! And it might be smart to go to a doctor that can check if it's harmfull or not, they might be able to ive you further advice on what you're allowed to do and what you're not allowed to do! A set back is no reason to give up!! things will get better ;)
  • dropdeadkate
    dropdeadkate Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I will second seeing a doctor. Also, if you're hurt, don't push it in the gym. Allow yourself time to heal so you can come back strong rather than come back too quickly and hurt yourself even more.

I get it though. I think I have a stress fracture in my right hand from hitting the bag wrong last week. No more right punches for me :/ shame, I really enjoy the work outs. I just get to punch air now
  • Chinita7187
    Chinita7187 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    See a doctor and go with what they say. You can work your way back to where you were but be careful and listen to your body. I hope you feel better soon!