Please tell me your healthy snacks!

Options
Hi all, I'm curious to see what healthy snacks you guys reach for, as I'm kinda in a snack rut. I need a little more variety than the below. Pretty much my go-tos are:

Apples
Bananas
Cutie Oranges
Trail Mix

Replies

• Xannedoe
    Xannedoe Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    lychees are great as well.
    Most of the time i just run weekly into the store and see what they have on sale :)
  • marsdahl
    marsdahl Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Snacks get me in trouble, so I usually plan them ahead of time! Usually consist of an apple, 100 cal pack of almonds, or a protein bar before gym time if it's a workout day. Almonds seem to work the best for me when it comes to getting over that mid-morning hump!
  • lmitchellf
    lmitchellf Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Cheese stick
    Trail mix (I get the kind that is already measured into 160kcal servings)
    Hummus and veggies
    Green beans
    Those laughing cow cheese wedges and wheat thins (measured into serving size on box)
    Vanilla Greek yogurt with chopped walnuts and unsweetened cocoa powder.
    Apples
    Grapes
    Strawberries and bananas
  • inspiritedmama
    inspiritedmama Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Celery sticks in hummus are one of my favorites.
    Also any kind of berry, especially raspberry for me, really helps with my sugar cravings (which are honestly getting less as time goes on!)
    An herbal tea is great too.
  • marsdahl
    marsdahl Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Celery sticks in hummus are one of my favorites.
    Also any kind of berry, especially raspberry for me, really helps with my sugar cravings (which are honestly getting less as time goes on!)
    An herbal tea is great too.

I am an iced tea ADDICT!
  • Chinita7187
    Chinita7187 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I get 100 calorie snack packs, popcorn, grapes, apples, beef jerky or bananas. I'll also make a smoothie when I can.
  • Thequietone27
    Thequietone27 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm away from home and living out of my car alot, so before I leave I grab (not all at once)
    -fruit - bananas, apples, oranges, apple sauce
    -veggies - cucumber, baby carrots, celery
    -carb- 100 cal granola bars, thinsations, loose granola
    -dairy- drinkable yogurts, cheese cubes,
    -beverages- tea. I bought a steeper cup from davids tea. Let's me brew on the go. I refill every time I'm near a kettle, bringing bags of loose leaves everywhere with me.

I tend to look in the school snacks aisle for food since alot of companies have been making healthier options to pack for kids lunches.
  • HiSkyfish
    HiSkyfish Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    cellery stalks with McCormic lemon pepper spice sprinkled on it (make sure the celery is damp). Literally .6 net carbs and around 20 calories for three big stalks (3oz). Or celery with natural peanut butter on it.
  • Jamison121
    Jamison121 Posts: 5 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    My number 1 addiction for snacks is edamame. I buy them in the freezer section still in the pod. Other things I like are Siggi's yogurt or plain greek yogurt, chia pudding with a touch of pineapple, bell peppers, boiled eggs, or whatever fruits are in season.
  • robingoblin
    robingoblin Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'm also an iced tea FIEND. And hot tea. Really, all tea.

My other favorite snacks include:

- clementines (+1, @hawkeyebrows)

- carrots with guacamole (or without)

- laughing cow cheese wedge (I'm a total weirdo and have it just plain. If I have crackers in the house, I'll just eat the ENTIRE box in one sitting. Not kidding. NO carbs in the house!)

- PB2 (similarly, if I have peanut butter in the house, I'll eat it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. It's my kryptonite. So sometimes, I mix some PB2 with water or milk in a tiny ramekin, sometimes with chocolate chips... and eat it. Again, I know I'm weird)

- sliced yellow bell peppers

- greek yogurt

- "burrito bowls" - okay hear me out. I can't trust myself with tortillas or chips in the house, so I put beans* (super healthy!), a ton of salsa (super healthy!), tiny bit of cheese (not as healthy) and sometimes some chopped veggies and guac in a tiny cup, microwave it, and BOOM. All the tasty parts of nachos/burritos with none of the guilt. Seriously, my husband is OBSESSED with my burrito bowls. Pair with carrots for dipping or just a SPOON
    *works best with refried beans with mild chiles - I like amy's

Theme: I can't be trusted with actual delicious things, so I've tricked myself into thinking these snacks are amazing and have (mostly) successfully not purchased unhealthy things.
  • lmitchellf
    lmitchellf Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I'm also an iced tea FIEND. And hot tea. Really, all tea.

My other favorite snacks include:

- clementines (+1, @hawkeyebrows)

- carrots with guacamole (or without)

- laughing cow cheese wedge (I'm a total weirdo and have it just plain. If I have crackers in the house, I'll just eat the ENTIRE box in one sitting. Not kidding. NO carbs in the house!)

- PB2 (similarly, if I have peanut butter in the house, I'll eat it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. It's my kryptonite. So sometimes, I mix some PB2 with water or milk in a tiny ramekin, sometimes with chocolate chips... and eat it. Again, I know I'm weird)

- sliced yellow bell peppers

- greek yogurt

- "burrito bowls" - okay hear me out. I can't trust myself with tortillas or chips in the house, so I put beans* (super healthy!), a ton of salsa (super healthy!), tiny bit of cheese (not as healthy) and sometimes some chopped veggies and guac in a tiny cup, microwave it, and BOOM. All the tasty parts of nachos/burritos with none of the guilt. Seriously, my husband is OBSESSED with my burrito bowls. Pair with carrots for dipping or just a SPOON
    *works best with refried beans with mild chiles - I like amy's

Theme: I can't be trusted with actual delicious things, so I've tricked myself into thinking these snacks are amazing and have (mostly) successfully not purchased unhealthy things.

Ahaha, that's so awesome! I've convinced myself I don't like things like bacon, pepperoni, and cheese curls for exactly those reasons. Your burrito bowls sound delicious, I'll have to give it a shot