Fiber counts

Options
klkateri
klkateri Posts: 432 Member
So I'm tracking my carbs on here and often I see that they come up high (veggies) but I know that the fiber takes that number down. So now I'm also tracking my fiber intake. So here is my question... at the end of the day it may say I ate 14g of carbs but 4g of fiber... that would mean I'm overall eating 10g of carbs then right? I think I know the answer lol but i just want to confirm!! Thanks!!

Replies

• Smoked33
    Smoked33 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    You are correct in terms of carbs that influence insulin production or whether or not you get to/stay in ketosis. Practically speaking you ate 10g carbs :)
  • JQuinnLife
    JQuinnLife Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    The proper term is Net Carbs.

It's been debated ad nauseam the exact carb count needed to stay under for Keto-adapatation to occur. But if you're under 50g of Net Carbs, you're gonna be alright.

The other day I ate this delicious veal with seasoning and the carbs was ridiculous for me at 20g, which is usually what I allow myself for the day. But the fiber was 12g, so realistically the Net Carbs was only 8g, which I'm perfectly fine with.

Net Carbs = Carbohydrates Grams - Fiber Grams
  • JessicaLCHF
    JessicaLCHF Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    klkateri wrote: »
    So I'm tracking my carbs on here and often I see that they come up high (veggies) but I know that the fiber takes that number down. So now I'm also tracking my fiber intake. So here is my question... at the end of the day it may say I ate 14g of carbs but 4g of fiber... that would mean I'm overall eating 10g of carbs then right? I think I know the answer lol but i just want to confirm!! Thanks!!

I know. I wish it fit in the macros graph! :) but you just have to go one more over to nutrients, and then subtract your days fiber from your carbs. It doesn't subtract sugar alcohols tho, which can be a significant reduction if you eat a lot of premade LC foods. It's not a perfect plan, but then again, most dieters care more about calories than fiber. I try to get in 25g a day, but am almost always short. cciecdtdluzw.png