Most Filling - Lowest Carb?

joey4014
joey4014 Posts: 159 Member
What food would you consider the most filling with the lowest carbs? I'm thinking eggs but I'm sure you all have some great options I haven't thought of.

Replies

• JQuinnLife
    JQuinnLife Posts: 102 Member
    Steak, try to eat a 1.5lb steak and not be stuffed. And it has zero carbs.

#KetoWin
  • WIChelle
    WIChelle Posts: 471 Member
    Beef
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Coconut oil and butter. Not a food people typically just bite into... But, hands down will kill hunger in no time!
    As far as other foods... I guess I'd say eggs, though I don't think it would be as filling if I didn't cook it in so much butter. :wink:
  • JessicaLCHF
    JessicaLCHF Posts: 1,265 Member
    joey4014 wrote: »
    What food would you consider the most filling with the lowest carbs? I'm thinking eggs but I'm sure you all have some great options I haven't thought of.

Actually, it's chia seed and flax meal! So filling! I guess it's all that fiber. And the fullness also lasts a long time. Eggs and cheese are satiating because of the fat, so a different kind of filling there if that's what you mean (rich foods). If you mean staying power, I'd say chia pudding and flax crackers or flax muffins. If you want high return (a lotta good for a few usable carbs), I'd go with fibrous greens like lettuce, celery and cabbage.
  • joey4014
    Nage3000 wrote: »

#KetoWin

We also have to keep our protein in check right?
  • joey4014

Actually, it's chia seed and flax meal! So filling! I guess it's all that fiber. And the fullness also lasts a long time. Eggs and cheese are satiating because of the fat, so a different kind of filling there if that's what you mean (rich foods). If you mean staying power, I'd say chia pudding and flax crackers or flax muffins. If you want high return (a lotta good for a few usable carbs), I'd go with fibrous greens like lettuce, celery and cabbage.

Yeah, I make my pancakes with a ground chia/flax mix.
    Staying power is a good word for what I'm searching. I'm finding myself hongreee. I started eating back some of the calories I earn from exercising and that's helping.
  • taptap25
    taptap25 Posts: 21 Member
    most filling prime rib with a side of coleslaw. uhmmm
  • JessicaLCHF

Yeah, I make my pancakes with a ground chia/flax mix.
    Staying power is a good word for what I'm searching. I'm finding myself hongreee. I started eating back some of the calories I earn from exercising and that's helping.

I made flax muffins the other day. They are like 80% fiber or some crazy high number. I couldn't even eat more than one and hours later I still had no interest in food - a rarity for me. :)

• FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Nage3000 wrote: »

#KetoWin

We also have to keep our protein in check right?

Not nearly to the degree most people think. You would need an excessive amount to strongly effect ketosis. I've tested in ketosis (blood testing) with 160-180+ grams of protein daily. I am not a huge person (at the time I was around 70-72 kg in total body mass). So, well over 2g/kg and much more than 2g/kg LBM. Granted, most of these tests were in the 0.7 - 1.1 mmol/L range (anything over 0.5 is ketosis) and not in the "1.5 - 3.5 range" some people advocate. It's still ketosis though.
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    For me it's pure fat, like butter and coconut oil. Cheese is more fun to eat though.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    lithezebra wrote: »
    For me it's pure fat, like butter and coconut oil. Cheese is more fun to eat though.

Oh cheese! I love cheese! But it doesn't love me when I eat too much... :blush:
  • KeoniD
    KeoniD Posts: 21 Member
    2 cups unsweetened almond milk, 1 scoop low- or no-carb vanilla protein powder, several tablespoons of sugar-free orange flavored psyllium fiber supplement (like this one). Shake thoroughly or blend. Orange creamsicle.

What? Stop looking at me like that!
  • daylitemag
    daylitemag Posts: 604 Member
    I agree with eggs and steak. Eat 'em together and you can take the rest of the week off.

I also like shrimp. I eat eight 31-40 weight shrimp almost every day when I get home. Easy, fast and helps me get to dinner with little to no hunger
  • Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    flaxseed bread. i dont really like the taste of it but since i love bread i eat it with most everything. Eggs, meat, Avocado is a ton of fiber and healthy fats
  • Michelle2W
    Michelle2W Posts: 163 Member
    Chicken, turkey, fish, eggplant, spaghetti squash!
  • Kitnthecat
    Kitnthecat Posts: 2,041 Member
    Meat with butter or cheese on top.
  • Michelle2W
    Michelle2W Posts: 163 Member
    Oh! Chia seeds are filling, due to the seeds expanding in your belly.
  • JessicaLCHF
    KeoniD wrote: »
    2 cups unsweetened almond milk, 1 scoop low- or no-carb vanilla protein powder, several tablespoons of sugar-free orange flavored psyllium fiber supplement (like this one). Shake thoroughly or blend. Orange creamsicle.

What? Stop looking at me like that!

Sounds good to me. Smoothies are a great idea. I like chocolate ones too, made with diet hot coca mix, heavy cream, lots of ice, and you could add fiber powder to them. I don't see why not.
  • JessicaLCHF
    edited January 2016
    flaxseed bread. i dont really like the taste of it but since i love bread i eat it with most everything. Eggs, meat, Avocado is a ton of fiber and healthy fats

Have you tried making your own flax crackers? I make them all the time and eat them as a tortilla chip sub. Super easy. It's a 2:1 ratio of flaxmeal to liquid. I'll link my recipe. Kinda feels like playing with playdough. If I had young kids I'd def put them to work making these, ha!

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/A7O5ZQAQQDYGFdWGl34AAAA/
  • CrewZen
    CrewZen Posts: 26 Member
    I think eggs too... scrambled with coconut oil, heavy cream, parmesean cheese, and sea salt! Yuuummmmy and fills my tummy ..... for hours!