You might be on a low-carb diet if...

Options
lukesydaisy
lukesydaisy Posts: 16 Member
edited January 2016 in Social Groups
Hi everyone, I'm new here, introduced to the group by machiatto, who I am privileged to call my big sister. I've been doing this diet two whole days, and this was my observation today:

You might be on a low-carb diet if you read a headline about a woman taking off her clothes and going on a rampage at Waffle House and all you can think is Hmm, waffles.

Does anyone else have one to add? And if you're not into the word "diet" feel free to change it to "following a low-carb WOE"

Replies

• auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    ...if the kid at Starbucks looks all confused when you order your ice coffee with sugar free vanilla syrup but then request heavy cream as well
  • lukesydaisy
    Options
    ...if the kid at Starbucks looks all confused when you order your ice coffee with sugar free vanilla syrup but then request heavy cream as well

I didn't even know they had that...
  • KristyBPharmD
    KristyBPharmD Posts: 6 Member
    Options

I do that too!
  • UMDavies
    UMDavies Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    ... if your weekly shop consists of at least four blocks of butter!
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options

LOL I had that odd look at Starbucks just a couple of weeks ago! LOL

Welcome to the group @lukesydaisy
  • RisiM
    RisiM Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Our shopping is his - biscuits, ice cream, bread, beer. Mine - cream, butter, strawberries, coffee. Ours - meat and selected veg.
  • fatchimom
    fatchimom Posts: 256 Member
    Options

My favorite!!!
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options

I do that too!

Yes, exactly! I'll laugh and say, "I do fat, just not sugar." ;)

And I'm so glad you're here, @lukesydaisy! Hope this WOE goes well for you and M. :)

... if you find yourself breaking down and buying pork rinds to try, after having long considered them the most unappealing unhealthy snack ... and actually semi liking them!
  • lukesydaisy
    Options
    ... if you find yourself breaking down and buying pork rinds to try, after having long considered them the most unappealing unhealthy snack ... and actually semi liking them!"

Nooooooooo!!!!!
  • JessicaLCHF
    JessicaLCHF Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    You watch tv commercials and mentally think "poison...poison...poison...yup that's more poison..."
  • macchiatto
    Options
    ... if you find yourself breaking down and buying pork rinds to try, after having long considered them the most unappealing unhealthy snack ... and actually semi liking them!"

Nooooooooo!!!!!

LOL. Stick around here (and check out the nutrition info); you might be surprised!
    This WOE changes you ...

Plus the first time I had pork rinds was last spring on our NC trip. A really nice restaurant actually served them instead of bread. Tom and I were pleasantly surprised that they were pretty good. ;)
  • macchiatto
    Options
    Another:
    ... if things like doughnuts and cake go from being temptations to making your stomach turn.

After indulging in some monkey bread and brownies when we had houseguests here 3 weeks ago and dealing with all the reflux and tummy trouble afterward, it effectively killed my taste for such sugary desserts.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    You think snap peas and green beans are sweet.
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,419 Member
    Options

LOL!!!! Love it!!
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,419 Member
    Options
    You might be on a low car diet if....you want to convert everyone to this way of life. I've learned to be quiet and just supportive but I do stress how important healthy fat is and that carbs are poison. Pretty sad when you know something will help people but that's not what their "doctor" recommends. Doctors know nothing except when to expect the kick-back check from the pharm companies.
  • AshleyC1023
    AshleyC1023 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    If drinking salt water is appealing to you.
  • macchiatto
    Options
    Which reminds me, @AshleyC1023

... if you find yourself craving pickle juice.
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options

I didn't even know they had that...

They only seem to sometimes, I always ask
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    if you find yourself making batches and batches of fat bombs ..yes I am guilty :p
  • Bob314159
    Bob314159 Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    if tomato paste tastes like desert