The plateau of disappointment

Options
I have been in a bootcamp/cross fit type training for a year now and still am not where I want to be physically. How does everyone overcome the disheartening lull of the dreaded plateau? Don't get me wrong, I have lost body fat and gained muscle but it's not enough for me! I want more, much more! Food seems to be my hardest challenge! I can't seem to eat enough! My job doesn't allow me to eat as often and as much as I need to in order to build the muscle that I want! What has worked for you?

Replies

• T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    It doesn't sound like you are in a plateau.

Are you losing or gaining weight? If yes, you are not in a plateau.
    If no, it sounds like you are re-comping. That still isn't qualified as a plateau.

How does your job prevent you from eating enough? You need to be much more specific about what you are doing, what you are trying to accomplish, and what specific obstacles you have. How many calories are you trying to eat, and how much protein? What specific obstacles do you have (i.e. you work on a facility that you cannot leave for weeks at a time and can only eat what is provided by your employer?). In any event, this would be a better question for the main forums. When you post there, you need to provide details.
  • NutritionalResponsibility
    NutritionalResponsibility Posts: 10 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Almost every day, I do not eat for 20 to 22 hours. That means I eat one big meal and a few snacks in the evening, and that's it. I get all the nutrition I need in that time. While doing this, I have become the strongest I've ever been in the gym.

I'm confident you have the opportunity to eat what you need in a limited time frame.
  • pearlheidi
    pearlheidi Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Almost every day, I do not eat for 20 to 22 hours. That means I eat one big meal and a few snacks in the evening, and that's it. I get all the nutrition I need in that time. While doing this, I have become the strongest I've ever been in the gym.

I'm confident you have the opportunity to eat what you need in a limited time frame.

And how much calories do you consume per day after fasting that many hours? Do u consume the normal amount of calories or lesser?