Petite goals?

Options
Hi, I'm 5'0 lady and I'm excited to meet my goals in 2016! My goal weight is 104 lbs. I got down to 114 lbs. right before Christmas but have gained a few pounds (about 3) during Christmas break. I'm ready to get back at it though. I'm just curious.. I've thought about making my goal 102 lbs. because I am so petite and if I put on even a little bit of weight it shows. I'm enjoying where I'm at right now but I'd like to be down to 102-104 by summer so I can enjoy a bikini bod. I am just curious for those that are a lower weight than me how you are feeling? And what are your goals as a petite?

Replies

• Verdenal
    Verdenal Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and older. I'm at a historical high of 111. In my 20s I was in the 90s. I would like to get back to 105, 100, or in my dreams, 98.
  • bac609
    bac609 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm also 5', current weight is 115. My goal is 103 to 105. Like you, I can feel even just a couple of pounds. My "happy" weight is 100 but my body does not like that weight. I've decided the sacrifices/work to get and stay there are not worth it to me.
  • hev481
    hev481 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I am 4'11 and currently floating between 102-103 down from a high of 120ish and a MFP start weight of 116. I am at my original goal weight but I am realizing that I have an even smaller frame than I originally realized and could probably do another 3-5lbs... and then maybe some recomp!
  • babybellyfat
    babybellyfat Posts: 1,102 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I'm 4"8 and I'm around 95-110lbs but haves stubborn belly that I need to firm. I lost weight and I still feel great!! I'm about 92lbs
  • elisashotwell1
    elisashotwell1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Oh we petite ladies have it rough! I am 54 years old, and the height on my driver’s license says 5’0” but technically I’m 4’ 11-3/4”.

30 years ago when I married my HS sweetie/BFF I weighed 107. After having 1 child and lots of life experiences over those years, my happy weight is now 110-117. That is a huge range, I know, but I account for things like fluid retention, the time of day/month when I weigh myself, what I’m wearing, how much gunk is in my gut…that sort of thing. Happy weight means I can sustain that number, even with 1-2 days (weekends usually) of moderate alcohol and treat consumption (my definition of treats = sweets, baked goods and PASTA).

Personally, I try not to focus too much on the number that shows up on the scale because I am very muscular and my body responds *very well* to weight training. Since muscle weighs more than fat, I need to constantly remind myself not to get too wigged out over that stupid number on the scale. It plays tricks with my mind! At one point when I was on the Weight Watchers program, I seriously think it made me (mentally) anorexic. Going to those meetings every week felt like I was going to church and I’d get rewarded for depriving myself and not eating. Of course I know better – it’s all about PORTION CONTROL (which I still struggle with!) and the choices we make: good carbs vs. bad; spraying EVOO on the pan instead of free-pouring into the pan; fresh fruit vs. processed sugary treats, etc.

Right now, because I got up to 125 after suffering a hamstring injury and not adjusting my calorie intake to make up for the lack of activity, I use the scale as a motivational tool. But when I hit my goal and maintain it, I tend to use the fit of my clothes rather than the scale. Instead of weighing myself daily, I weigh myself once a week. And, most importantly, I go with HOW I FEEL. About 4 pounds ago, I felt like everything was bloated, swollen and congested: my knees were starting to bother me, my nose was always stuffy, I had to use my asthma inhaler almost daily, my joints – especially my thumbs – were in constant pain. After losing those 4 pounds, most of which are probably from releasing fluid build-up, my joints are pain-free and my face doesn’t look so puffy and bloated.

AmyPalmeri, you are BEAUTIFUL and you look absolutely FANTASTIC! Set a goal weight that you can sustain without starving yourself, and where you feel happy and healthy!
  • mollybethtaylor
    mollybethtaylor Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Im 5'2" and am currently around 123. My ultimate goal is 110 but im not sure if thats possible so my secondary goal is 116 :)

Sorry if my numbers seem so random.. im Australian so I changed kg to lbs to try to make it easier :)