Introductions

Options
RedVelvette
RedVelvette Posts: 213 Member
Hello and welcome to all the new group members! This is my first time leading a challenge, so please be kind!
To get us started, please introduce yourself...

Name
Age (range if you don't like specifics):
Where are you from:
Starting/Goal/Currrent weight:
How long have you been on MFP?
What exercise do you enjoy?.
What exercise would you like to try
Family:
Greatest achievement:
What super power would you have if you could?
Tell us an interesting fact about yourself:

I’ll get us started:
Name: Jennifer (Jen)
Age (range if you don't like specifics): 41
Where are you from? San Diego, CA
SW/GW: 219/165 Current=196
How long have you been on MFP? Since 2010
What exercise do you enjoy? I dance (ballet, modern, tango) and walk. Sometimes I do Pilates, Zumba and occasionally running but that has been irregular.
What exercise would you like to try? I think I need more resistance training. I want to tone my abs, thighs, and butt more.
Occupation: Marriage and Family Therapist Registered Intern. (Couples counseling and personal therapy)
Family: My husband and two kittens
Greatest achievement: Quitting my career of 10 years to go back to school and follow my passion.
What super power would you have if you could? Anti-gravity. That would make dancing so amazing.
Tell us an interesting fact about yourself: I am a published scientific researcher even though I don’t do research for a living (it’s more of a hobby/interest at this point).

Replies

• janetay01
    janetay01 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Hi!

Name: Jane
    Location: Burgess Hill, a town just north of Brighton in the UK
    Weight: 150/134/120
    MFP: Since 2010 with varying regularity
    Exercise: Exercise DVD's, high intensity workouts, walking, chasing my 13 month old around the house!
    Exercise to try: proper weight lifting
    Family: husband of 8 years, son of 13 months and 2 cats of 7 years
    Greatest achievement: 2 - creation of the beautiful boy that is my son - and completion of the three peaks challenge in 2000 - climbing the 3 highest peaks in the UK in 24 hours
    Superpower - hmm, I'll come back to that - creative blank at the moment on that one :(
    Interesting fact: as a massive horse racing fan when I was younger, was invited by one of the key radio commentators for the BBC to spend the day with him in the commentary box on a big race day. Awesome experience and so much learnt about the joys of radio broadcasting!
  • RStoken
    RStoken Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Jane, let me just say...WOW! I don't know if I can even introduce myself now :-)
  • RStoken
    RStoken Posts: 11 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Hello,
    Name: Reyna
    Age (range if you don't like specifics): 46
    Where are you from: Kalispell, MT
    Starting/Goal/Currrent weight: 180/179/155
    How long have you been on MFP? Off & On 2 years
    What exercise do you enjoy? Walking, hiking, Just Dance & Dance Central on XBox
    What exercise would you like to try: racket ball
    Family: Husband, Son, Daughter, Son-in law, grand-daughter, one grand-baby on the way.
    Greatest achievement: Happy, healthy family.
    What super power would you have if you could? Is it a super power to truly not care what other people think?
    Tell us an interesting fact about yourself: I like many things but don't feel exceptional at anything, probably because I want approval from others...see need for said "Super Power". :-)
    I love photography, painting, flower arranging, knitting, and other crafts. I also enjoy cooking creatively (mostly turns out great, not always :0)
    We recently moved back to Montana from Wyoming and bought an older home so we've been doing some renovations and will probably keep doing renovations for the next 5 years. Sometimes I love it, sometimes I hate it.

• jessicakahn606
    jessicakahn606 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Name: Jessica
    S/W: 200
    G/W: 130
    MFP: about a week
    Exercise I enjoy: long walks, any sport, and I enjoy the workouts on the Fitstar app!
    Exercise to try: anything really!!! I'm new and wanting to try it all!
    Family: my loving boyfriend of three years
    Greatest achievement: making the deans list for two semesters!!! Sticking with school to become a high school teacher!!
    Superpower: I would love to fly or be a mind reader! Both seem pretty cool!
    Interesting fact: I'm crafty so I make scrapbooks and do different art projects! I also write in my spare time! Eventually I would love to publish a book series!
  • vazquezmom7
    vazquezmom7 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    Name Carmen
    Where are you from: Small town south of Dallas, TX
    Starting/Goal/Currrent weight: SW 185 CW 165 GW 135???
    How long have you been on MFP? Since May 2015
    What exercise do you enjoy?. Running
    What exercise would you like to try Proper weight lifting
    Family: Hubby and 7 kids
    Greatest achievement: Did I mention seven kids???
    What super power would you have if you could? Be able to clean a messy house with just using my mind.
    Tell us an interesting fact about yourself: After reading everyone's posts I don't know how interesting mine is but here it goes....After being a paralegal for about 10 years, I left my job to raise my children, moved to the country and now I am a stay at home mommy. Oh and my hobby is raising chickens.
  • SilvorStrm01
    SilvorStrm01 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Name Jordan
    Age 18
    Where are you from: Louisiana
    Starting/Goal/Currrent weight: start: 210/ Goal: 170/ current: 195
    How long have you been on MFP? just started
    What exercise do you enjoy? Football, bench presses. running
    What exercise would you like to try. good question, im open to new things
    Family: 9 siblings
    Greatest achievement: dont have anything too special lol.
    What super power would you have if you could? Grant wishes to my self and others
    Tell us an interesting fact(s) about yourself: I LOVE football, i read a lot, and i eat to much lol
  • lmm2323
    lmm2323 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Name: Linda
    Age (range if you don't like specifics):55
    Where are you from: Uniontown, Ohio
    Starting/Goal/Currrent weight: SW--352, CW--252, GW--199(for now)
    How long have you been on MFP? 2 years Feb. 7th
    What exercise do you enjoy?. I don't really enjoy exercise at all but I have learned that I have to do it if I want to keep losing weight. I have a trainer and have enjoyed trying things that I NEVER would have done on my own. I am so much stronger.
    What exercise would you like to try: Zumba (I have no rhythm and am afraid to try)
    Family: My mom who will be 90 next month, my sister and brother in law, 1 niece, 1 nephew, 3 great nephews. I love them all so much. My best friend and greatest supporter--Kim.
    Greatest achievement: Losing 130 pounds in a year. However I have gained about 30 of that back and am now ready to get rid of it and move on to Onederland!
    What super power would you have if you could? Something that would make me burn calories at a fast rate.
    Tell us an interesting fact about yourself: I love to read. I like to scrapbook and do crafts. I love my job.
  • BeYouTiful94
    BeYouTiful94 Posts: 289 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Name: Brianna but I go by Bri
    Age (range if you don't like specifics): 21
    Where are you from: Dallas, TX area (I'm only there when I'm not off at uni though)
    Starting/Goal/Currrent weight: SW 169; GW 145; CW 167.8
    How long have you been on MFP? I joined 31 months ago, but just actually started back around a week ago
    What exercise do you enjoy? Elliptical, Zumba, Aerobics (I think that's what it would be classified as. I take this interval cardio/toning class ... Not sure what to call it!)
    What exercise would you like to try: Ummmm ... Any that work on my thighs!
    Occupation: Student and paid student ambassador during school; "Intern" during the summers at an accounting firm
    Family: Mom, Dad, 14 year old brother, and me!
    Greatest achievement: Switching my major to something I love and making Dean's List 3 consecutive semesters despite playing "catch up". Also, getting my internship last summer and getting asked to come back this semester was a really big deal for me
    What super power would you have if you could?: The ability to complete all readings and homework in just a few minutes
    Tell us an interesting fact about yourself: This one is tough! I'm pretty boring haha

• janetay01
    Options
    Reyna - I'm flattered, I sat there last night worrying that I was just too boring! I love your response to the superpower - I do think that would be a fantastic superpower to have! I've recently started to get interested in crafts - tackling cross stitch at the moment. I have zero real sewing/crafty ability but I'm finding it relaxing and I may even get better at it.

Carmen - yup, 7 kids, you need say no more on greatest achievement. My one little monkey takes up more time and energy than I ever thought I possessed!

Linda - interesting that you mention Zumba. I think my amount of rhythm may actually be a negative number but I'd love to give it a go. Now to have a look at beginner Zumba DVD's!

Bri - what major did you switch to?

Happy Tuesday all - hope you all have good days :)
  • lifeisspiffy
    lifeisspiffy Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Good morning all! I was looking for a good group challenge to get myself back on track, happy to see one that starts soon.

Name: Concetta
    Where are you from:Ellington, CT
    Starting/Goal/Currrent weight: Starting weight was 161 lbs. Goal is 130. Current is 157.4
    How long have you been on MFP? Almost two years I think, but I just restarted tracking because I became a slacker last year.
    What exercise do you enjoy?. I enjoy doing kickboxing or dancing videos from youtube.
    What exercise would you like to try: I want to try some serious strength training and try something that would get me to run.
    Family: Parents and one older brother. Currently living with 7.5 year boyfriend
    Greatest achievement: Graduated college and found a job that I enjoy doing. =D
    What super power would you have if you could? Unbreakable skin (like Luke Cage)
    Tell us an interesting fact about yourself: I have been to 44 of the 50 states. I will get to all 50 eventually.
  • FABRICWOMAN
    FABRICWOMAN Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Name: Gloria
    Where are you from: Titusville, PA
    Starting/goal/Current weight: 307/200/299.2
    How long have you been on MFP? Three years, more off than on. Started back two weeks ago.
    What exercises do you enjoy? Anything in the water.
    What exercises would you like to try? Walking again, after my knees get back in shape. I believe that after I lose enough weight the pain will less. Also, strength training.
    Occupation: Administration Assistant and Front Desk Hotel Clerk on week-ends
    Family: Empty nester of one beautiful daughter for about 18 years.
    Greatest Achievement: My daughter. Being the first one in my family to graduate from college.
    What super power would you have if you could? To be a shape shifter. Shift this old body into any shape/animal I want.
    Tell us an interesting fact about yourself: I love to sing, sew, quilt. When my joints did not ache, I could tear the dance floor up. This is one of my goals to be able to last through a whole song again.
  • betsym3
    betsym3 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Name: Betsy
    Age (range if you don't like specifics): 58
    Where are you from: Rochester, NH
    Starting/Goal/Currrent weight: 212/110/209
    How long have you been on MFP? Since 2012
    What exercise do you enjoy?. Walking, Aerobic videos, gym, riding bicycle, skating, snow shoeing, etc.
    What exercise would you like to try: Swimming, but I'm afraid to learn how
    Family: Empty nester too with husband, we have two children, daughter 37 and son 33, son-in-law 40, & step- grandson 13
    Greatest achievement: Graduated from college in 2012, and raised two good kids.
    What super power would you have if you could? Not sure. Maybe to fly like a bird soaring above the trees!
    Tell us an interesting fact about yourself: I have been doing genealogy (family tree) since 1998, and contacted two relatives from another country that came to visit us and our family reunion. I love gardening, reading, cooking (and eating), traveling, sewing, listening to music, and most recently I took up knitting.
  • BeYouTiful94
    BeYouTiful94 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Hey Jane! I switched to a double major Masters of Accountancy/ BBA in Management Information Systems. I was BS Biology following a pre-med track my freshman year, mainly because I thought it was what my parents wanted me to do, but I just didn't love any of the science courses. I called them one day crying, and it turned out that they didn't care what I majored in as long as I was happy and could make a career out of it. I immediately switched haha
  • janetay01
    Options
    Bri - well done you! I did Biology at A level for some of the same reasons and hated every minute of it. Had a terrible teenage tantrum, pulled out after a year - and discovered that my parents really didn't mind one way or the other. The things we do to ourselves!
  • miztessbert
    miztessbert Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!
    I’m so glad I found this challenge. My fitness regime has been all over the place since the holidays and I’ve been finding it a challenge to get back on the "losing weight" track. I’ve basically been maintaining since Christmas so at least I haven’t gained, but I’ve got 16 lbs to go before hitting my target weight and am anxious to get the ball rolling again.

Name: Patti
    Age (range if you don't like specifics): 57 (will turn 58 in April)
    Where are you from: Fairfax, VA
    Starting/Goal/Currrent weight:
    • Starting: 192 lbs. in Jan 2015 when I started my weight loss journey, and 183 lbs. when I started MFP.
    • Goal weight =130 lbs.
    • Current weight = 146 lbs.
    How long have you been on MFP? Since July 2015
    What exercise do you enjoy? Walking, all types of exercise videos (aerobic, dance, body workouts). Wii Fit
    What exercise would you like to try: Running – thinking of trying the C25K program so I can run a 5K at the end of May
    Family: 4-legged – an 8 yr. old Yellow Lab named Hailey
    Greatest achievement: owned my own software development business for 5 years in the 1990s
    What super power would you have if you could? Seeing into the future so I can avoid bad decisions, pick better stocks for my portfolio, and win the next billion dollar power ball
    Tell us an interesting fact about yourself: I enjoy doing a variety of crafts such as knitting, crocheting, beading, and scrapbooking. I’m currently into adult coloring and just bought my first adult coloring book – very therapeutic. I’m thinking about trying my hand at sewing since I’ve now got a bunch of clothes that are too large for me sitting in a box in my closet – saw some neat videos on YouTube about transforming/uplifting old clothes.
  • vazquezmom7
    vazquezmom7 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    @miztessbert I did c25k and I loved it. When I started it was hard but the app build me up. I hope you enjoy it and highly recommend it to anyone wanting to start running.
  • wigal23
    wigal23 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I'm back on MFP for about the 3rd time. Right now I am participating in the "Biggest Loser" challenge at my office, so this will be great to stay on track. I've also been friends with BJ (she is joining the challenge also) since 1985!

Name: Becky
    Where are you from: Central Ohio
    Starting/Goal/Currrent weight: start 263.2/ goal for this challenge 240 (long term, not sure) / current as of last Friday 257.8
    How long have you been on MFP? On and off for several years. Most recently just for a couple weeks.
    What exercise do you enjoy? Is this a trick question? :smile: Haven't been working out much at all. I mostly walk. I also enjoy Zumba but haven't been in many years.
    What exercise would you like to try: Hmmm...Possibly running. And get back into some strength training.
    Family: Married with 2 sons (12 and 15), and 5 fur babies (2 dogs, 3 cats)
    Greatest achievement: This is hard! I am a perfectionist so I never thing anything I do is too "great". I'd say being the first in my family to graduate college and own a home.
    What super power would you have if you could? Probably to fly - imagine the time savings!
    Tell us an interesting fact about yourself: I'm really just a big kid at heart. I have recently taken to adult coloring! I love concerts (mostly country music), and I am obsessed with Fireball Whiskey. Also my husband and I have been a couple since the 8th grade.
  • Bj0223
    Bj0223 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm looking forward to this challenge suggested to me by Becky (wigal23)
    I joined MFP in 2012 and have lost about 60 pounds in the last three years. I've been within 5 pounds of my current weight for the last year. My original goal weight is 15 pounds lighter than I am now.

Name: BJ

Where are you from: Tucson, AZ

SW 226 CW 162 GW 145

How long on MFP: since 2012

What exercise do you enjoy: I'm currently training for my 3rd half marathon, I love running and I do bootcamp classes, I also like yoga.

What exercise would I like to try: I would like to be a better swimmer, or be able to keep my face in the water.

Family: married 21 years with 2 kiddos (20 & 14)

Greatest Achievement: my family, my son is awesome and I take credit for that, the jury is still out on my daughter. My journey to better health has been amazing.

What Super Power I would take: I would like to teleport, I have friends and family thousands of miles away.

Interesting fact: my entire family plays roller hockey, my daughter plays on a youth league, my son plays for the U of A and my husband and myself play on a house league every week.
  • Caleanra
    Caleanra Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Name: Cassandra
    Age (range if you don't like specifics): 27
    Where are you from: Ontario, Canada
    Starting/Goal/Currrent weight: 118.4/130/117
    How long have you been on MFP? A week
    What exercise do you enjoy? Running, walking, weights
    What exercise would you like to try? I'd love to learn to swim
    Occupation: Personal Support Worker (I think it's called a nurses aid in the US)
    Family: Married with 2 kids (8&5) and two cats
    Greatest achievement: Finishing school while raising two kids.
    What super power would you have if you could? Time Manipulation, there never seems to be enough hours in the day.
    Tell us an interesting fact about yourself: It's not interesting but I am underweight. I use to eat mostly junk and not exercise but still wasn't gaining so now I'm trying to eat a bit better and exercise so I can get myself into a healthy weight.
  • wigal23
    wigal23 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I seriously just realized that I put my age as 40!! Dear lord, i'm still 39 until May! hahaha