Pregnancy symptoms

Options
marosel
marosel Posts: 27 Member
What are some of the symptoms that may hold you back? I am having issues with feeling fatique and achy hopefully I feel better in a few weeks and actually start a workout routine.

Replies

• honeynutloop
    honeynutloop Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Definitely fatigue. And feeling queasy all the time. At the moment the rubbish weather is stopping me walking and feeling sick is stopping my yoga. But I'd probably make fewer excuses if it wasn't for the fatigue!
  • Fatimahasnain
    Fatimahasnain Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I m working mother.. Wakes up at 6 am n comes back at 5 pm from office... I have to take care of my 3 years old son too. By 9 pm I m so tired I don't want to do anything n just want to sleep... I don't know this fatigue is becoz of pregnancy or just my routine...
  • SMean1
    SMean1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Pain, fitness level before pregnancy, Drs. opinions on your pregnancy fitness, are reasonable things to consider before working out while pregnant. I already have a grandson and finding out I was pregnant at my age only motivated me more to be around until this one has his own kids! Lofty goals I know. But the age old tricks that work while not pregnant will definitely work while pregnant; such as parking furthest from an entrance to a building upon your destination. This is an easy one and I do it even tho I despise cold weather. Making more than one trip to the cabinet/pantry/fridge while cooking in the kitchen. It's easier to just grab everything at once but if you go back for EACH ingredient it adds to your movement for the day without adding a lot of time. I use this trick on things like the laundry, picking up the house, and cooking. I wear a Fitbit to log my steps and many phones have apps that will track your steps. It is a small thing to do but can actually add to your energy level and help hasten labor. Don't get discouraged. :)
  • 5n0wbal1
    5n0wbal1 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    My worst symptom this pregnancy has got to be the fatigue. I can barely get moving throughout the day, and even after ten hours of sleep at night, I still crash just as hard the next night. I think that second on the list would probably be the advanced sense of smell--the outrageous amounts of BO at the doctors' office nearly made me throw up!
  • amoods05
    amoods05 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Definitely fatigue! I would feel so tired by the end of the workday, exercising was NOT happening. Also in the early stages when I had morning sickness, physical activity made the nausea worse
  • QueenOSpades
    QueenOSpades Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I guess my main symptoms is worry. Which I know I shouldn't be doing.

I'm afraid to work out and cause a miscarriage or something. So starting next week i'll be doing mostly arm and leg training and have some super-mild cardio. Then see it from there.

So far (knock on wood) my nausea is mostly when i get hungry or while i'm eating. so in between it's passable.
  • jdehart48
    jdehart48 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm in pain, I have sciatica (piriformis syndrome) and PGP and SPD- ugh!
  • ChrissyLee2014
    ChrissyLee2014 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I didn't find out that I was pregnant until the 8th week, had it confirmed in the 9th week. I thought I had the flu, which others in my office had experienced recently. I was randomly sick every day but at different times, mostly nausea and dry heaves. A lot of dizziness. I had fits of irritability - little things that annoyed me that I would normally ignore were setting me off. Tired all the time. One particular day I felt like I was going to fall asleep at the wheel going to work. That was scary. Enormous hunger was the final symptom that made me and the hubby suspect pregnancy. Between meals it would feel like I hadn't eaten in weeks.

I'm eating healthy snacks now and taking prenatal vitamins with DHA and also a vitamin D supplement. These have helped alot. Also trying to have a better bed time routine. Sleep is really important as the body is now going through so much.

As for the comments about about exercising, your OB should be able to tell you what kinds of exercise are healthy. Mine recommended walking and swimming. Keep exercise at a moderate pace - you should be able to speak and breath normal while working out. If not then its too much. No bike riding after 6 months. Also, prenatal yoga is recommended to keep your muscle tone, however, regular yoga can cause high blood pressure and some issues for the baby. She said a yoga instructor would know what you need to stop doing.
  • ChrissyLee2014
    ChrissyLee2014 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    One more thing - I work in an office with a sedentary job. My OB said to not sit longer than 45 minutes. Pregnant women are more likely to experience blood clots due to the higher levels of estrogen.
  • LaLaAlways
    LaLaAlways Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    thanks for sharing that. I sit at a desk all day long. Good to know I will get up more frequently.