Bodyweight with limited possibilities (space)

Options
yirara
yirara Posts: 9,509 Member
In October I moved from a 4000ft^2 villa to a historical 500ft^2 flat with wooden floors and neighbours who would not be happy if I exercised at home. I don't have enough space anyway. There is no gym with bodyweight space or free weights at all around here (it's very rural). I'm slowly losing all my nice muscles and am getting desperate. Any idea what I could do?

I think I could do parts of YAYOG or Startbodyweight.com at the office, provided I find an empty meeting room, however I won't be able to do pull exercises (instable tables and doors/door frames) or seated dips (chairs with wheels or inconveniently placed arm rests). Any better ideas for a balanced workout? My work room will house a second person from next week on.

Replies

• FSLSBSmfp
    FSLSBSmfp Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Any kids parks around? The equipment there is usually good for all types of things like chun-ups / inverted rows / dips / pike push-ups etc... Otherwise maybe rent a small storage shed that's cool with you working out and chuck a rack with some free weights in it.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,509 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    FSLSBSmfp wrote: »
    Any kids parks around? The equipment there is usually good for all types of things like chun-ups / inverted rows / dips / pike push-ups etc... Otherwise maybe rent a small storage shed that's cool with you working out and chuck a rack with some free weights in it.

There's one playing ground around, but it's surrounded by cctv cameras, and looking at police reports it seems like the police chases all non-kids away who hang out there without accompanying kids. I use the few kind of good weather days for running anyway and am happy if I manage three runs per week. It's been raining and storming pretty much every day since the beginning of November. If it doesn't get cancelled I hope to do my first 10k race in 10 days, and afterwards I want to start with strength training again. Not now as I'd be sore for days :wink:

Storage is also not an option. I rent a container for some stuff I could not put in my flat, and it costs me over 150 USD per month and is about 45 minutes away from home. No free garage/storage unit/whatever is available without possibly a year of waiting time closer by as they are in high demand for winter or summer sports/camping/boating/etc stuff. Maybe I should start a self-storage business. Seems to be a big demand here!

Other options around the office... hmm.. green fields and rolling hills with a farm and poorly maintained fences. Yes, I could use the inner yard inside the office building for dips and 'under table' pull ups, but I don't want people to look at me from 4 sides. Really, no! I don't have enough self confidence for that.

*sigh* looks like I need even more out of the box thinking.
  • bheathfit
    bheathfit Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Depending on the topography in your area, perhaps you can find a wooded area to do trail jogging, situps, pushups, burpies, etc... If you have enough money, you may be able to start a hobby like rock climbing to give a good full body workout. If none of these seem feasible to you, you might try to place an ad or ask around to see if you can get a workout friend who has a home gym setup or perhaps rent the use of a local person's home gym?