The green stars are sometimes a joke..

Options
Today for lunch I had boar's head roast beef with no bread and just a little mayo, and the Green Check-Mark version of boars head indicates that's 10 grams of carbs. I go to the Boars Head site, and their roast beef has ZERO cards. Since I am trying to remain below 25G of carbs per day, that's a big diff!

Also, how do two eggs that at most have one gram of carbs together..and one slice of American cheese, add up to 5 grams of carbs? When they are listed in the MFP database, that's how!

I posted a few days ago but it gets frustrating to see constantly varying nutrition and carb info for the same exact foods and meals. :(

Replies

• ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    Not to be flippant here...but just scan the bar-code of the foods you are eating with the MFP app on your phone. It will import the correct metadata embedded in the bar-code into your diary...problem solved.
  • AshleyC1023
    AshleyC1023 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I tried that the other day and it wasn't in the database, so I included it, from the nutrition info on the back of the package. I was hoping for the easy fill in, but no such luck.
  • sweetteadrinker2
    sweetteadrinker2 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    ^only if the barcode is tied to the correct product, I've had a barcode on lunchmeat come up as an apple....
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    Yes make sure to double check the barcode scanner, sometimes completely different things come up and often some off the numbers don't match what the package says
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    My suggestion enter the items you eat manually and only use those entries. I find I mostly eat the same foods again and again. It's a pain at first but once it's all there is no big deal
  • nyclowcarb
    nyclowcarb Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I forgot about the scanner function.
  • SyntonicGarden
    SyntonicGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    Heh. Cauliflower can apparently has no fiber. Thanks, green star!
  • Emily3907
    Emily3907 Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    I ran into this so many times with info being incorrect, that I had to start my own database for my go to foods. I use the scanner, but always double check before adding. It is annoying, but I want to make sure I am being as accurate as possible since I am also still counting calories.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Every single item in mfp is user entered , scanning the bar code doesn't ensure accuracy. Always, always double check!
  • Emily3907
    Options
    Every single item in mfp is user entered , scanning the bar code doesn't ensure accuracy. Always, always double check!

I wondered about that because I have found wrong info after scanning too many times for it to be a coincidence.

Does anyone know what the criteria is to get a green check on certain items?
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    I've scanned the barcode and had the wrong info come up before. I just keep searching the database until I find an entry that matches the packaging.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Emily3907 wrote: »

I wondered about that because I have found wrong info after scanning too many times for it to be a coincidence.

There isn't a criteria. Anyone can click the verify button, and once that's done it can't be edited. I've seen a garlic clove for 800 calories have a green tick next to it...
  • Emily3907
    Options
    Emily3907 wrote: »

There isn't a criteria. Anyone can click the verify button, and once that's done it can't be edited. I've seen a garlic clove for 800 calories have a green tick next to it...

Yikes. Even more reason to continue adding to my own database.