January 2016 winter storm

Options
FiddlinRDH
FiddlinRDH Posts: 15 Member
I live in central KY. It has been snowing here for about 3 hours. It is so windy that I can't tell how much we have gotten so far. We are in the 7-11 inch accumulation band. This will be on top of the 3 inches that we got Wednesday.
I went to Kroger yesterday morning before work and made good choices in what I purchased. Planning on making soup.
How many of you are in the path of this storm? I don't have to be anywhere until church on Sunday.
Be safe and stay warm!
Leigh Anne

Replies

• Cheryl7777
    Cheryl7777 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I'm no where near you but I know what those kind of snow storms are like. Enjoy your soup, stay in if you can, stay warm and stay safe. I hear spring is only 8 weeks away!
  • FiddlinRDH
    Options
    We got 8-10 inches with 3 foot drifts. I am so impressed with our county road crews. They have done a great job.
  • KarenGa4
    KarenGa4 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I live in Maryland and we got about 2 feet of snow, hasn't been this bad since 2010, but we managed through praise God. Now for the thawing and it is suppose to freeze tonight so, oh joy, we are going to have to deal with ice tomorrow. Please Lord just don't let me fall.
  • FiddlinRDH
    Options
    Wow! I knew you all got slammed! We get a lot of freezing rain in the winter so I feel the same way about ice. Be careful!!!
  • Cheryl7777
    Options
    KarenGa4 wrote: »
    I live in Maryland and we got about 2 feet of snow, hasn't been this bad since 2010, but we managed through praise God. Now for the thawing and it is suppose to freeze tonight so, oh joy, we are going to have to deal with ice tomorrow. Please Lord just don't let me fall.

I know exactly how you feel and the fear of falling on the ice and snow. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers that you get to where you need to go and home safely. Just be very careful and if there is someone around that can help don't be afraid to ask them for some assistance.
  • KarenGa4
    KarenGa4 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Cheryl7777 wrote: »
    KarenGa4 wrote: »

I know exactly how you feel and the fear of falling on the ice and snow. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers that you get to where you need to go and home safely. Just be very careful and if there is someone around that can help don't be afraid to ask them for some assistance.

Thanks Cheryl I faired well in the ice, my daughter helped me to my car, thanks for the prayers
    17761776 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    Live in Minnesota, this is our normal winter ❄️❄️ we get studs to slip on our boots, work great!! Order online about 16.00 not to bad n peace of mind
  • Cheryl7777
    Options
    [/quote] Thanks Cheryl I faired well in the ice, my daughter helped me to my car, thanks for the prayers [/quote]

I'm glad you did ok and that your daughter was there to help you. I certainly have a strong fear of falling so I know exactly how you feel. Continuing good thoughts and prayers for your safety until we get through this winter.