Jump Start January challenge...

Options

Replies

• MsMarlaJean
    MsMarlaJean Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    845/1500

fitfor30th wrote: »
    Keep at it marla with the workouts! I'm fitting workouts in as usual, just sabotaging it with diet :(

Doing my best, super sore! Trying not to sabotage myself...
  • brisingr86
    brisingr86 Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    Great job Marla Jean and Jools on the workouts.

ARGGHH for me. I got completely out of control on diet this weekend (did some baking during the snow storm on the US east coast) and no workouts to balance. Going to try a variation of carb cycling just to give myself some structure to get back on track. For some reason, it seems to help me push/control myself more. Not sure how to get through to myself to up the workouts. I'm getting to points where there's no excuse and I just can't get myself ready or to the gym. :(
  • MsMarlaJean
    Options
    Weekend and this mornings workout...Hoping to get in another 45 minutes tonight and at least 60 in am...gonna attempt another week of double duty workouts to meet my goal!

960/1500
  • brisingr86
    Options
    Just so I don't forget: 350/1200 :/
  • Fitforevermore
    Fitforevermore Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Ok, I'm back on track, yesterday and today good. Going try and limit weekend sabotage to one day this weekend!
  • MsMarlaJean
    Options
    Due to our hurricane wind storm last night, I was up tons and had horribly broken sleep which of course resulted in me not getting up this morning to workout :cry: but I did workout last night and I have a Cardio Boxing class tonight...I'm gonna be cutting it really close for reaching my goal!

1005/1500
  • MsMarlaJean
    Options
    1087/1500
  • brisingr86
    Options
    Got this article in email today and seemed to be a pretty common challenge for this group so thought I'd share: http://www.precisionnutrition.com/weekend-overeating

Not sure how much is helpful vs standard messages, but still kind of an interesting read.
  • MsMarlaJean
    Options
    1157/1500

I think I might just make my goal if I can KEEP at it for the next 4 days!
  • brisingr86
    Options
    370/1200

Not sure if I'll make any of my goals for this month, but doing ok for this week. I'll just have to try to keep it going into February. One day at a time. I made poor choices and it was reflected on the scale and in my exercise minutes. I have to own that and work to make better ones.
  • 12kcooper88
    12kcooper88 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    brisingr86 wrote: »
    Got this article in email today and seemed to be a pretty common challenge for this group so thought I'd share: http://www.precisionnutrition.com/weekend-overeating

Not sure how much is helpful vs standard messages, but still kind of an interesting read.

Thank you for sharing this! I really enjoyed reading it. It was a good message/reminder for perspective!
  • Fitforevermore
    Options

I found this really interesting. I could relate to a lot of it. I think weekend binges have been a stepping stone for me away from eating crappy all week, but I think now is the time to try and stop it. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I think last week I flipped out because I felt a bit ill, but also because the coach I signed up for this month was demonising even my protein bar when everything else was 'clean eating'. I have about 20lbs to go until goal weight and I reckon I should switch to more calls, 1600 maybe, and a goal of losing 1lb a week as opposed to two, and trying to be more even with my eating. Wish me luck!
  • brisingr86
    Options
    Base goal is to be under 159 by January 28 (avg 1 lb/week loss). Aggressive goal is to be back under 155 by the end of the month.

Week 1, January 7: 162.0
    Week 2, January 14: 160.8 -1.2
    Week 3, January 21: 161.8 +1.0
    Week 4, January 28: 162.6 +.8

Exercise: 370/1200

YIKES! So, wrong direction on the scale this month, but given I've lost 3lbs since Monday, it could certainly have been worse. I've been doing very low calories (Monday and Wed <500 net cal; ~1000 calories on Tue) so it's not sustainable with that kind of rate, but it seems to help me be more conscious. It reminds me to eat because I'm hungry, not because it will taste good at that moment or because I'm stressed or bored, and that it's ok to be hungry sometimes. Today is my day to be a little higher and then I'll go back to a 3 day cycle with lower calories (I try to keep protein higher and carbs low those days); maybe I'll lose a little more by Feb 1.

• brisingr86
    Options
    Glad the article was helpful.

Good luck Jools. Given you only have around 20lbs to lose to goal, I think the 1lb/week goal loss with a little higher calorie intake is a great idea.

Marla Jean doing awesome getting those workout minutes in!

How are others doing? Liz? Sam? Clair? Shelby?
    I think Jill was taking a bit of a break and/or is on honeymoon...
  • MsMarlaJean
    Options
    @brisingr86 thanks! I haven't read your article yet, but I plan to when I have a little more time! I DEFINITELY have a tougher time on the weekends! Also, I have done the lower calorie thing from time to time or even some intermittent fasting, but it's good you have a 3 day reboot because our bodies go into starvation mode after 3 days and then that just slows down your metabolism...

Got my workout plan set for the next few days so I'm closing in on my goal, but it's gonna be right down to the wire I think!

1252/1500

Going to cardio boxing tonight so another 45 minutes at least there! :mrgreen:

Have a great day ladies!
  • samlovesthesnow
    samlovesthesnow Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Jools - your goals sound achievable and 1lb a week weight loss is way more fun than 2lbs!

Sarah - I'm so impressed with your low calorie days - I certainly couldn't manage that!

Marla Jean - You're almost there with your exercise goals! I'm sure you'll do it!

I'm at my sister's this week and using her scales - I think they're weighing me a little high but it might be all the chocolate buttons! I'll have to wait until Sunday to know for sure.
    I've picked up my dress and the wedding is in 9 sleeps time, so I only have to maintain now and make sure I don't go overboard!
    Lots of Insanity workouts and lifting my baby nephews to make my arms look nice!

Good luck everyone - only a few days of January left to go!
  • MsMarlaJean
    Options
    1367/1500

When I make my 30 minute Elite Fit class tonight I'll be down to 103 minutes to cover for the weekend!

Thanks @samlovesthesnow I think you're right! I'm gonna do it! :mrgreen:
  • brisingr86
    Options
    390/1200

So exciting Sam! Sure everything will be fine and you will look gorgeous in your dress. Playing with babies is always a fun way to work those arms ;-)

Go Marla Jean! You're totally hitting that goal.
  • MsMarlaJean
    Options
    1487/1500

I may do that last 13 later tonight so I can have a rest day tomorrow :mrgreen:
  • Fitforevermore
    Options
    Well o sort of failed this month, I lost 7 and gained back 5! However, I was good 3 years it of 4 weekday weeks, and given that I'm usually rubbishy all of January that is an improvement