January 24 - 30

Options
2»

Replies

• NewOR2015
    NewOR2015 Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Nothing new today. Everything rather routine. I'll say that is a good day.
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    Ok I had 2 people ask me if I was sick and dying. No I lost weight then they said On purpose? Well anyway as I look like death I went and got my hair trimmed. this is another thing I am working on I'm not so sure about. I'm working on growing out my hair and quite frankly I miss my short sassy hair and I haven't even hit my chin yet. I can honestly say the growing of the hair is harder than the losing of the weight. If my hair grew fast maybe I wouldn't get so antsy. I'm giving it til Easter then I may just say forget it I like the sassy me better.
  • NewOR2015
    Options
    I've read this on other threads...about people being asked if they are sick and dying. I guess the world is so used to seeing overweight people that thinner people are just an oddity.
  • SweetPeasMom55
    Options
    I found it quite depressing.
  • Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    I love my short hair. It is so convenient! I get irritated when it gets in my eyes so have regular bookings with my hairdresser to make it as short as possible! It is much easier for all my sports and quick and easy to wash and dry. The lady time I grew it out, the process was so annoying, I don't know if I will ever grow it again.
  • SweetPeasMom55
    Options
    This morning my hubby who met me with long hair goes I thought you went to get your hair cut? I said I got it trimmed I'm trying to grow it out and he goes Why? this from the man who has complained about my short hair from the day I got it cut short. I totally don't understand men at all. I feel better about saying I'm going til easter then I may say bring back the sassy me. LOL we shall see. I'm going to go and time my route for jury duty this morning. Have a great day everyone!!!!
  • TrishV2013
    TrishV2013 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Ah, jury duty. My hubby got his green card in 2014 and had jury duty for the first time last week. He was disappointed he didn't get called to serve.

As for hair, in a perfect world, I would have long, luscious locks...but I was born with thin, fine hair. I keep it medium length with layers to make it look thicker. If you feel sassy/sexy/confident with your short hair, then I say go for it. :)

How is everyone's week going? I feel like this week is just dragging. It's only Thursday! On a good note, yesterday I finished all of my requirements and got my sign off to submit my application for my administrative credential. This would allow me to apply for school leadership jobs, like principal, assistant principal, etc. I have been working on this since 2012 and am very glad to be done with it. Now time to apply for jobs!
  • Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    Good luck for the job applications and well done on getting the credential!

My week is not great. For various reasons I have only been to two training sessions and have now been advised to take a break until Monday due to a muscle spasm. When I don't train I eat rubbish... However I am getting lots of reading done!
  • JMarcella57
    JMarcella57 Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    ... I'm working on growing out my hair and quite frankly I miss my short sassy hair and I haven't even hit my chin yet. I can honestly say the growing of the hair is harder than the losing of the weight. If my hair grew fast maybe I wouldn't get so antsy. I'm giving it til Easter then I may just say forget it I like the sassy me better.

My hair was long in the 80s. I cut it for my job and have always regretted it. I look much better with the short, sassy cuts. But--- I've decided to let mine grow too. It's getting down to the shoulders now. I figure I can last at least until the end of summer. I told my husband and sons I was letting it grow even if I had to buy a cute short wig to wear on particularly bad hair days! We'll see. :#
  • JMarcella57
    Options
    Ah, jury duty. My hubby got his green card in 2014 and had jury duty for the first time last week. He was disappointed he didn't get called to serve.

Yep, sometimes inconvenient, but always an honor to be willing to serve.
  • SweetPeasMom55
    Options
    Well I have to say I love living in the boonies except when it comes to something like going to downtown. It takes an hour in non rush hour traffic. :# Plus I had good weather Oh well time will tell at least I have the route down.

I have very fine hair too. I originally cut it because I wore it pulled up all the time and all the stress of pulling it up I was causing a bald spot. I can still remember my husband and I were dating and as I'm allergic to a lot of things he bought me rogaine for Valentine's day Oh that was it I went out and just got my hair cut. LOL Not one of his better gifts but there are so many epic fails it makes me laugh.
  • NewOR2015
    Options
    Great weather today. No problem getting my walking in. Doing fine with calories too. Tomorrow is payday though, and I have always celebrated payday with food. :) But then again I celebrate everything with food. I just have to learn to make better food choices.

As for hair, I always had it long in my younger days. Now, it's about shoulder length. I would cut it shorter, but I have to be able to tie it in a ponytail at times or I would go crazy.
  • NewOR2015
    Options
    Good morning. Today I get to babysit my niece's young children. I bet I'll get 10,000 steps before noon!
  • NewOR2015
    Options
    As predicted, I ate more than I should have today. But I also did much more activity today than any normal day. Looking after a two-year-old and a six month old keeps one extremely busy. I'm glad I had my kids 5 years apart. :)
  • Living360
    Living360 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    This week my weight loss was just under 1/2 a pound. I was challenged in keeping up with my "new, healthy" eating. A few times I ate when I wasn't hungry, ate more than I should have, ate sweets I didn't need & weren't that delicious. I'm grateful I had a loss, I attribute it to continuing my exercise daily. I've made positive changes these past 3-1/2 months but need to be mindful not to slip back into old habits. Thanks to everyone for your support this week!
  • NewOR2015
    Options
    @Living360 My weight loss since Nov has been minimal. It's time to push again, but I'm just not as motivated as I was before. I am fearful of slipping back into old habits and need to be mindful like you say. I need to continue healthy choices in food and exercise until they become permanent habits for life. I am truly enjoying feeling more comfortable in my clothes, not worrying about any possible wardrobe malfunctions. I certainly don't want to go back to where I've been. I want to keep going forward to a thinner, healthier, happier me.
  • JMarcella57
    Options
    Just stopping in to say that I will be away for the month of February. Look forward to seeing everyone in March and planning to be smaller by then. :)