Any health changes since starting this diet?

Hey, just curious if anyone has noticed any positive health changes besides weight loss since starting the diet.

Replies

• Mihani
    Mihani Posts: 3,878 Member
    Definitely. I think most of us will tell you that we have more energy, feel better, sleep better, cravings subside. Personally I don't have headaches (which I'm prone to get) when I am full on eating ETL.

The group is pretty quiet with the holidays but I imagine everyone will be back after New Year's raring to go lol.
  • OneTwentyThree
    OneTwentyThree Posts: 186 Member
    edited December 2015
    Lol they can take their time, I am not ready for the diet yet anyway, just gathering info before I start. Happy holidays to all :)
  • lisabinco
    lisabinco Posts: 1,016 Member
    Most definitely for me. The most important change is that I no longer take any medications whatsoever. No more blood pressure meds, no more sinus/headache meds. I am no longer pre-diabetic. I am no longer chronically anemic. That means I feel so much better now. Mihani is right: more energy, better sleep patterns, way less cravings, and no more headaches. I can't imagine ever going back to my old eating patterns, because I am so grateful to have found a way to live every day that actually gives me the power to maintain a normal weight into my very old age. That is so freeing to me, that I have a hard time not trying to convince everyone around me that this is the way to live.
  • tdh1991
    tdh1991 Posts: 511 Member
    Cholesterol is way down, sugars are way down, just got back from the dentist my gums are less recessed. I am confident I am preventing a lot of disease from occurring.
  • OneTwentyThree
    OneTwentyThree Posts: 186 Member
    Hi tdh, it's interesting you mention your gums are better, I've had a similar change. I was having gum pain and dentist couldn't identify what was causing it. Ever since starting the diet my pain is gone. I think we are definitely reducing inflammation and diseases :)
  • whats_her_name
    whats_her_name Posts: 716 Member
    I never had any health issues, but I do notice my skin is healthier. And my eyesight improved twice over the last 2 years!! :smiley:
  • lisabinco
    I will add that my sisters often compliment me now on how great my skin looks. Mind you, sisters tell you the bare truth, so I have to assume my skin has improved. I don't have dark circles under my eyes anymore, either. A friend who knew me before (pre-ETL) later told me that I looked like a drug addict; the dark circles were that bad.
  • lisabinco
    Knowing and understanding the reason WHY eating ETL matters is also important. It helps to stick with ETL when you understand the science behind it. I don't follow "rules" blindly. I need to know why. Once I understand the rationale behind something, and know it to be logical and based in fact, I find it much easier to do what I know I need to do. That's why reading the book all the way through, like Dr F recommends, helped me focus on what I needed to do to recapture my health. And re-reading the book all the way through as many times as it takes to truly understand what he is saying, helps me re-focus on the reasoning behind the lifestyle change.
  • sgod50
    sgod50 Posts: 789 Member
    I've done ETL on and off for 4 1/2 years, I haven't had a migraine since.