Boys don't read this...ladies, am I alone here??

Options
AngieViolet
AngieViolet Posts: 232 Member
My monthly visitor has moved in full time and won't leave me alone. Since my surgery 2 months ago, I've only had about 1 week without my period! My hormones are a MESS, and I struggle swinging between crazy b!?ch mode and crying on the floor and molesting men in uniforms. My body hates me. I feel like I'm on an episode of CSI. I constantly have to bring a change of clothes with me everywhere. This is CRAZY! My ob/gyn said that this is normal based on my weight loss. Am I alone here? I want to cry and throw things and cravings are just cruel. Hahahaha. I feel crazy at times with the hormone swings.

Replies

• Ultima_Morpha
    Ultima_Morpha Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    You're not alone. The blood thinners you got in the hospital are also likely having some impact. My bathroom looked like an episode of Dexter. Now at just over six months out I am having a lot of spotting which I've never experienced before. I hope it will be the same for you, but I only had about two months of the super emotional swings. Exercise helps. Lots of exercise.
  • AngieViolet
    Options
    Thank you! It really helps to know that there is light at the end of the tunnel. I just keep laughing and pushing forward. The exercise part makes sense because it has been helping me. I'll focus on hitting the treadmill a bit more and upping my yoga. I appreciate you letting me know that I'm not alone!!!
  • Wonderwomanvik
    Wonderwomanvik Posts: 2,932 Member
    Options
    Mine have become closer together but not that close. I'm averaging 2 a month
  • bcedl1982
    bcedl1982 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I'm over 50 and thought I was done, but now after surgery it's back!
  • gaining_while_losing
    Options
    I have yet to meet a woman whose monthly hasn't gone bat-shnit-crazy since surgery. Lol. I do believe, however, that for the most part it is temporary and will eventually settle down. Until then - good luck!
  • AngieViolet
    Options
    Thank you for all of the info. Praying for temporary but preparing for crime scenes! At least the cravings subsided for a while!
  • Stephaniev51697
    Stephaniev51697 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    It does settle down after a bit. I'm almost 2 yrs out now and I get mine every 28 days like clock work for 3-4 days straight. Hang in there!
  • martabeerich
    martabeerich Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I'm 6 months post-op. Weight loss has not messed with my hormones TOO much. Other than at 55 y/o my cycle had changed from 30 days to 39 days. I just keep plugging away. I am planning a party when menopause hits. I'm serious. I'm getting a pinata of a uterus, filling it with candy and all my friends are gonna whack the *kitten* outa it. Then we're gonna sing and dance and drink wine under the moon.
  • bcedl1982
    bcedl1982 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    @martabeerich can I borrow your idea? Love it!
  • TaraK73
    TaraK73 Posts: 2 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I'm glad I read this! The day after I got my surgery, I got my period (not scheduled) and for a week I thought I was gonna bleed to death. Yes, brought on by the blood thinner, my surgeon said. So, just a few days ago, I was due for my period and had the cramps and...unusual for me as I am on Zoloft....felt very emotional is if had I'd been watching a sappy movie or commercial, I possibly would've needed some Kleenex by the end! Never got my period..probably didn't have anymore left after the week I had 2 weeks before. ;)
  • AngieViolet
    Options
    Ladies, thank you for being so open and for your advice! Tara, I'm glad that this helped you too. Martabeerich, I totally want to do that too! What an AWESOME IDEA!!
  • heidikat72
    heidikat72 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    It's also due to the weight loss in addition to the blood thinners. I've read on other forums about this "side effect". Fat stores estrogen, so as the fat break down all that stored estrogen gets released and messes up your hormonal balance for a while. Your body will adjust.
  • martabeerich
    Options
    @bcedl1982 - Knock yourself out. I'm calling mine a Croning Party. And frankly, women need to talk about this life transition. It's easy for some, hellacious for others. (I kid you not, my sister became psychotic, had black outs, self medicated because of the craziness.... then after 3-4 years became better). I'm determined to talk about it and get "it" out there. Plus - seriously, what woman doesn't want to beat that organ with a stick? And have it give you candy for a change. Priceless.

• joysie1970
    joysie1970 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    So let me ask you ladies...I don't get a period due to a surgical procedure (endometrial ablation - don't hate me) but what is happening is extraordinary painful breasts? Like every three weeks, without the bleeding I don't have that symptom to verify ohhh it's your hormones but damn I am bat *kitten* crazy for a day or two and then BAM boobie-ache....
  • martabeerich
    Options
    If you still have your ovaries, you still have the hormones. And the aches, pains associated with it all until menopause.
  • Tawnykakers1
    Tawnykakers1 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I'm 6 months post-op. Weight loss has not messed with my hormones TOO much. Other than at 55 y/o my cycle had changed from 30 days to 39 days. I just keep plugging away. I am planning a party when menopause hits. I'm serious. I'm getting a pinata of a uterus, filling it with candy and all my friends are gonna whack the *kitten* outa it. Then we're gonna sing and dance and drink wine under the moon.

OMG That is great!

I had a partial hysterectomy so no more periods but I can tell my hormones have been wacky since my surgery.
  • AngieViolet
    Options
    Marta....you are hilarious! I agree with the trauma of menopause...I've seen some people have extremely difficult times! I see how bat crap crazy I get now with my hormonal meteor shower. I'm gonna be a nut job when I hit menopause!!! Joysie...I almost peed when you said, "BAM, boobie-ache!" That is soooo funny! Mine get sore too, but I do enjoy the fact that the poor girls "re inflate" to almost normal a few days a month. I sure do miss my girls!
  • KDar1988
    KDar1988 Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    Just another tip - make sure your GYN is proactive with your care if this continues because there could be something else going on. I've had cycles from hell since 2001. They got so bad I was at a Christmas party and used the restroom only to find what I called "Helter Skelter" (if any of you know the story of Charlie Manson, you know what I mean!) I ended up needing a D&C and that helped a lot. I have had 2 so far, but they have also discovered I have fibroids and a polyp which can cause issues. Doesn't hurt to have them do a biopsy of the lining if it keeps on being heavy. My GYN is great and she takes good care of my lady parts. I want to keep my uterus for as long as I can. I know so many people who have hysterectomies and they end up having bladder issues. I don't know if it happens to everyone, but I don't want to chance it!! LOL
  • joysie1970
    joysie1970 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    @angiemollison308 I haven't really lost mine - I got smaller around going from a 42D to a 36DD, the girls aren't as perky as they used to be - they could use a lift for sure! But the soreness yeah I could do without...
  • theonlyvictoria
    theonlyvictoria Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm always molesting men in uniform ;) I'm only 4 weeks post-op, but my period came right on time and I think I'm ovulating now so another period in 14ish days.