Is there a "The End of Diabetes" group here on MFP?

Options
lisabinco
lisabinco Posts: 1,016 Member
I'm searching for a group for Dr. Fuhrman's book "The End of Diabetes" but there doesn't seem to be a way to search for groups, just discussions. Can anyone help?

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I've never come across one.
  • Mihani
    Mihani Posts: 3,894 Member
    Options
    I don't know of one.
  • lisabinco
    Options
    I haven't found one yet, either. I did find a couple of Type II diabetes groups. I'm still searching.
  • tdh1991
    tdh1991 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    You could start a group or a discussion within this group.
  • Carla_wfpb
    Carla_wfpb Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    I have the book, Lisa. Haven't run across any groups for it.
  • lisabinco
    Options
    CarlaEnsink, what do you think about the book? What is your take on it?
  • Carla_wfpb
    Options
    I need to re-read it. I found it very interesting and helpful at the time, but then I went off plan for about a year, gained a bunch of weight and was experiencing numbness in my toes, crankiness, extreme exhaustion after overeating bad foods...and I knew better but I was too addicted I guess and too scared to even look at the book again. Now that I'm eating properly and have gotten past the worst of the withdrawal, I will re-read the book.

You posted elsewhere that re-reading them is very helpful and that you pick up new things each time. I definitely agree with that. I think I'll start with 'The End of Diabetes' if I can find it. We're planning to list our place for sale in a few weeks so a lot of my books got packed up.
  • lisabinco
    Options
    Oh, the sale of a house -- eek. Sucks all your time and is so stressful. May your house sale go so smoothly that you actually have fun doing it!
  • Carla_wfpb
    Options
    Thanks! We tried in the fall but no luck...at least we don't have as much to do this time around to prep the house. A quick re-organization and spring clean up of the yard.