LCHF help needed for friends in Malaysia.

Options
jumanajane
jumanajane Posts: 438 Member
I have a couple of friends who are Malaysian. ..live in Kuala Lumpur. They want to go LCHF but are really struggling with the foods there. Please are there any of you who know the cuisine (or even better KL and it's shops and restaurants) who can give me any pointers to help them?? They are late 50's and want to change for their health. I want to help and encourage them as much as I can. Thanks all.

Replies

• SamandaIndia
    SamandaIndia Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    Noodles, Laksa soup and rice are dietary staples in Malaysia. Lots of great fresh fruit and leafy greens available. Meats are a less dominant feature of diet. Plenty of oil in cooking but I imagine a major mental shift to go low carb. I will visit in April and I know that week will be tough. I order my noodle soup with extra green veg and dont eat the noodles. I check if sauces have sugar and mostly they do. Sorry I can't help other than give context of their challenge.
  • jumanajane
    jumanajane Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I have been quite a few times but have the luxury of eating out all the time or eating 'western'. I stayed keto the whole time last time!! Lol. My friends cant do that though so are really struggling. Thanks for your input....enjoy your visit in april...I might just be there at the same time, its our usual time to go! I do miss all the lovely fruits! Enjoy!