Fitbit Calorie Adjustment wrong

Options

Replies

• GSV3MiaC
    GSV3MiaC Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Yes, it's broken .. as is the 'help' link at the top of the MFP web page (tells me
    Sorry, There Was an Error With The Request

The Desk.com support staff has been notified of this error.) (Server error 500)

Why do they mess with it when it is working apparently perfectly before it gets changed (or is it fitbit that changes something?)
  • blairleish
    blairleish Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    For me the calorie adjustments keep going up and down. Sometimes it's correct. Later in the day it goes down, even though I have exercised more. They I sync the fitbit and it goes back up. Then later it goes back down. Up and down all day. I don't have negative calorie adjustments enabled.
  • AlphaHowls
    AlphaHowls Posts: 1,906 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Mine has been messed up since the last update. I sent several emails, and all I get is to disconnect and reconnect. It has gotten much worse in the last two days. It continues to add adjustments and now it is making negatives and taking away. I am so frustrated with MFP and fitbit. IF I look back at my net calories, it looks like I did not even eat some days and over ate on others.
  • jeepinshawn
    jeepinshawn Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Glad I'm not the only one, I logged into this group today just to see what I should do to fix it...Guess I will wait it out. I was frustrated yesterday, it ended up causing me to go into the red for the first time. Oh well will just keep an eye on the TDEE that fitbit gives me.
  • denvervegan
    denvervegan Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    So I'm not crazy! I got much too low of an adjustment in MFP last night and the same is happening today. If MFP can't be bothered to address issues like this in a timely manner (at LEAST acknowledge the problem), I may end up dropping them and just using the Fitbit platform.
  • jeepinshawn
    Options
    LOL this is nuts, I went ahead and disconnected the two apps, closed them both on my phone. Reconnected the two online, opened the apps again and had a 433 calorie adjustment for exercise, exactly what it should be. That lasted for 20 seconds before it took all those exercise calories away and showed a negative adjustment of 1 calorie for inactivity. There are no updates for either app on google play either, wish they would get it together, If MFP didnt have the better food database I wouldnt even be using them now..
  • jeepinshawn
    Options
    and now it is working again, went from a negative adjustment of 1 back to a positive of 433....I hate when tech doesn't work right.
  • hmadrone
    hmadrone Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    As a programmer, I know tech always misbehaves. I spent about 15 minutes this morning planning my workaround if it didn't get fixed right away. I'll be ready next time!
  • Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    I emailed support about it.

The MFP burn for me has been bouncing around between 1900 and 2500 at every sync, when it should be a static 1770; it's as if a bored someone is amusing themselves by changing my activity level settings in MFP over and over, all day long.

My calorie adjustments are therefore totally wrong - much lower than they should be.

This is the 2nd day I've been experiencing this problem. Getting double credit for adjustments has been happening for a good bit longer. (I've just been deleting the duplicates)
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    Lourdesong wrote: »
    This is the 2nd day I've been experiencing this problem. Getting double credit for adjustments has been happening for a good bit longer. (I've just been deleting the duplicates)

Same here.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    I was just deleting the duplicates, too, but since today it's only showing about half of what I earned. <eye rolly>
  • WilsonFilson
    WilsonFilson Posts: 83 Member
    Options

The MFP burn for me has been bouncing around between 1900 and 2500 at every sync, when it should be a static 1770; it's as if a bored someone is amusing themselves by changing my activity level settings in MFP over and over, all day long.

My calorie adjustments are therefore totally wrong - much lower than they should be.

This is exactly what mine's doing too.
  • veganbaum
    veganbaum Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    Mine has been messed up since Sunday.

On Sunday it doubled my adjustment. On Thursday it showed I could only consume 987 calories. :| That's far below my BMR and completely absurd. It looks like what it did was subtract my adjustment rather than add it.

Today, Sunday suddenly appears to be correct, but now it looks like Tuesday and Friday have doubled adjustments. I'm pretty sure that's what happened as my general adjustment without cardio is around 450-550.

Even though I know on average what I can eat per day, it's beyond irritating.
  • veganbaum
    veganbaum Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options

Where do you go to delete duplicates? I've had to delete food duplicates on occasion, but not burns. Is it just for exercise, or does it show a duplicate of the entire adjustment?
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Ditto on this. And I see that folks are mentioning on the main boards that their MFP steps are wrong as well.
  • jeepinshawn
    Options
    hmadrone wrote: »
    As a programmer, I know tech always misbehaves. I spent about 15 minutes this morning planning my workaround if it didn't get fixed right away. I'll be ready next time!
    Broken again, it was fixed for about 15mins last night ...my work around is just going to be cussing my activity level from sedentary to lightly active and disable negative adjustments until they get it fixed.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    veganbaum wrote: »

Where do you go to delete duplicates? I've had to delete food duplicates on occasion, but not burns. Is it just for exercise, or does it show a duplicate of the entire adjustment?

Click on the 'Add Exercise' tab from your home page. (Right next to the 'Add Food' tab.) It will show your exercise burns that were transferred from your fitbit. Duplicate entries can be deleted the same way you delete food items.
  • cbkm2k12
    cbkm2k12 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Currently it's working okay for me - I corrected yesterday's entry by simply adding a 1kcal exercise to force the calculation to be re-done.
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    I think it's clear that it's acting up for most people at the moment. I hope tech support is working on a fix.
  • Ellyin
    Ellyin Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Same problem as others. Today no steps from Fitbit are showing. Added 1 min of cardio exercise but still no Fitbit steps. After the problems I've had with Fitbit removing features and now problems with MFP (Premium subscriber) I'm looking forward to Apple getting up to speed so I can solely use my Apple Watch and drop Fitbit and premium MFP.