Jump Start January challenge...

Options
124»

Replies

• MsMarlaJean
    MsMarlaJean Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    Welp, I managed it! Woo-hoo! First time I've reached my goal since October-YAY!

1577/1500

I can't believe we are starting February already!
  • clairice2
    clairice2 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Firstly thanks everyone for your support, just knowing you are there with the same goals as myself is a huge help to me.

Well done everyone: Trojan gym work @MsMarlaJean & @fitfor30th. Don't be worrying @brisingr86 February is a fresh start, better weather, more daylight = more motivation. @samlovesthesnow only 9 sleeps to your big day, how do you feel? Can you sleep at all?

Goals for January were pretty much on target:
    Log everything, (logged 95%)
    Gym class started once per week and gym session once per week.
    Badminton has taken over my life but that should settle down now in February and I'll have more time for walking and jogging.
    Net calories each week were achieved

SW: 144.6
    End of Jan: 141.4
    As result 3 pounds down.

I'm using the Operation Transformation dinners and lunches for recipe inspiration, see link if you are interested http://www.rte.ie/ot/food-and-recipes/recipe-archive/
  • Alioth
    Alioth Posts: 571 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Jan 1: 155.8
    Feb 1: 149.6
    6.2 lbs lost. It seems significant, but it's really just the Christmas/New Year's Eve weight coming off. I was 150 in mid December. More importantly, I measured myself for the first time since October.
    Inches lost/gained:
    Neck: -.3
    Waist: -.75
    Hips: -.5
    Bicep: +.45
    Thigh: +.7
    Calf: -1
    1.4 total inches lost. Hooray!
    Body fat % change: -1%

Thank you everyone for your encouragement and support in January. Congrats to you fine ladies who lost or maintained! Congrats for all the workout minutes you got in and faithful logging!
  • clairice2
    clairice2 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Excellent work on the weight loss AND inches loss @Alioth
    How do you feel looking at all you have achieved?
    I'm so happy for you. Your success is enough to keep me motivated. :)
  • brisingr86
    brisingr86 Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    brisingr86 wrote: »
    Base goal is to be under 159 by January 28 (avg 1 lb/week loss). Aggressive goal is to be back under 155 by the end of the month.

Week 1, January 7: 162.0
    Week 2, January 14: 160.8 -1.2
    Week 3, January 21: 161.8 +1.0
    Week 4, January 28: 162.6 +.8
    February 1: 162.0, maintain for the month.

Exercise: 402/1200

Made it through the weekend with a little loss from Thursday (after a high cal day on my new 5:2 IF regimen) to net a maintain for the month, so calling that a win for the weekend. Way off on my workout goal, but changed my regimen to Ripped in 30 workouts, which are shorter and skipped out the long treadmill sessions. I want to try a bit more combo in February.

Way to go Marla Jean on the drive getting all those minutes in. You are a workout rock star!
    Jools, be proud of the net loss! It's good that you can also have the long term perspective that you have improved from Januaries past. They say insanity is doing the same thing and expecting different results; so you're doing something different and getting results.
    Great job LIZ! The weight loss is great, but the inches are the fun part where it shows.
    Kudos to Claire too for the excellent loss. Hope schedule settles down, but badminton sounds like a fun way to get some activity in your life.

Sounds like January was rough for a few of us, but as Clair said, February is a new month, and a new start. It will bring its own challenges, but hopefully it will bring more successes.