February miles/minutes fitness challenge

Options
mamarundrc
mamarundrc Posts: 1,577 Member
I can't believe it is February already. Join this challenge and set a goal. You can track miles/km or minutes of exercise. You can either use fit bit miles or intentional exercise miles. If you aren't a miles person, set a goal for minutes of exercise.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1M8JKsow2LcqSLoqeuuR2cdminfnCAmSy6v7R0BEF2C0/edit?usp=sharing

Replies

• mamarundrc
    Options
    Hit my goal of 160 on the last day. Eventhough Feb is 2 days shorter I am going to set it at 160 again. I had quite a few days of laziness so hopefully this will help me push a bit more.
  • HatherM
    HatherM Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I think I'm going to stick to around 85miles... may need to adjust, due to ankle & foot injury, but as soon as I can I'd like to be out there walking again.

I hope that it is soon, or I'll be going even more stir crazy :s
  • Azercord
    Azercord Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    I'm going to go for minutes over miles and join in this month. I'm training for a Tough Mudder and need to get my run times in but I have no set distance. I'm going to try and average 45 minutes of exercise a day so 1260 minutes for me.
  • rebeccatherine
    rebeccatherine Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    With the shorter month (and my inability to make my usual monthly goal so far) I'm adjusting my miles downward and then hopefully can strive for more miles in March.
  • jcbenes
    jcbenes Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I think I'll be doing the minutes over miles this month as well. With a Tough Mudder in May I am splitting my time between treadmill and body-weight workouts (can't really get to the gym so calisthenics it is). I'm shooting for 45 minutes a day, 6 days a week. I'll just round up to 1111 minutes for myself.
  • ereilly311
    ereilly311 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I'm late to joining the challenge but I've been keeping track of my miles so far. I'm going to go with 125 miles for the month, hopefully!
  • mamarundrc
    Options
    It is going to be close for me. How is everyone else doing?
  • Azercord
    Options
    I think I underestimated myself a bit but I'll blow this month out of the water. Ramped up training and have been responding well for the most part. I'm handling the runs and my endurance is getting better so I should be plenty ready for the TM in April. I did pull the inside of my knee and I'm hoping a few days in a brace will make it all better :)
  • mamarundrc
    Options
    I basically need to average ~7 miles a day for the rest of the month. Most days I am right between 5-6. It will be tough but I think I can do it! I have some good runs planned this weekend which will help.
  • Azercord
    Options
    Done and done, ready to up my goal for March.
  • mamarundrc
    Options
    Missed my goal by 5is miles. Not too shabby
  • jemsurf
    jemsurf Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I missed my February goal by a lot. I got influenza and spent the last 2 weeks of February dying.
  • Azercord
    Options
    Allowances can be had for the flu. Just check you average for the first couple of weeks and expand it out :)
  • jcbenes
    jcbenes Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I was no where near my goal. The last few days have not been great and I've been taking it easy since last Monday. I ran a little to long and a little to hard. I also was pushing for a goal that was a bit of a stretch for me. Oh well, March is a new month to get things done.