First month keto - and a big thank you to all !

Tanya1551
Tanya1551 Posts: 20 Member
Well everyone ive reached one month of keto - no deviations, no excuses to binge on carbs and ive remained 100% dedicated for 30 days.

I have not been able to stick to any plan sine before my son was born 2 years ago and with this way of eating, i feel re energized and hopeful that the weight will finally start coming off!

Thank you to all for your encouragement not to give up when the scale stalls or goes up a few lbs- im trusting the process!

One month in and ive lost 17 lbs :)
Looking fwd to month two results!

Replies

• beccyleigh
    beccyleigh Posts: 847 Member
    Amazing achievement.

Can I ask how much you have to lose in total. I just want to see if I could reach such a massive loss in 1 month too :smile:
  • Smoked33
    Smoked33 Posts: 186 Member
    Congrats!
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    @Tanya1551 that is awesome. It was 6 weeks before I lost my first pound truly eating Keto but I lost much of my pain within the first 30 days.

My first two weeks was the hardest part for me but the first 90 days was a steep learning curve in my case. My health markers and general health is better now than 20 years ago. After a couple false starts I went keto totally Oct 2014 and remain in nutritional ketosis 99% of the time. I just cut out most all forms of sugar and all forms of grains period.

Best of continued success.
  • Tanya1551
    Thank you gale ! I completely agree about pain being gone - i used to have so much pain in my joints and im only 34- and it is now negligible after a month- incredible !
  • Tanya1551
    Beccyleigh- in total im hoping to loose about 65-70. Aiming for my 35th birthday this summer - so i have about 50 or so lbs to go to get to my goal.

I honestly have never stuck with a plan for so long without rationalizing cheat meals, days, falling off the wagon for weeks etc .
    I had a serious carb addiction and now i no longer feel chained to them.
    What is your goal?
  • beccyleigh
    Ok so about the same as me. I have 65 to go.

I've lost 10lbs since Jan 11th so still have a week to go for a full month weigh in but so far so good.

I have spent Friday & again today with a table full of cookies, sweets, cake & treats 10ft from my desk & I haven't even looked at them. A previously unheard of experience but one I am loving. I feel totally in control. :smiley:
  • Tanya1551
    Thats great !!!!
    The feeling of self control is just awesome isnt it ?!
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    This is a thread of strength! Way to go!!
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    That's fantastic!
  • justbreathesrw28
    justbreathesrw28 Posts: 39 Member
    What a great thread!!! I'm 7 days in and down 7lbs. Doing induction 20g carbs or less and 30 min a day on an elliptical. Today is the first day of feeling real blah and icky wondering if I'm getting the keto "flu" a little late?

My goal is 159lbs and my current wgt is 187. I would love to loose another 12lbs by feb 26 when I leave for a 17 day trip to California...
  • lynder64
    lynder64 Posts: 285 Member
    Fantastic accomplishment!!!
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Wow. Congrats! That is an amazing start.

Congratulations to the others too. You all are doing great! :)
  • MerryOne00
    MerryOne00 Posts: 58 Member
    Keep going!! Great progress here!! :D
  • clare_smiles
    clare_smiles Posts: 98 Member
    Awesome and a great motivator for me!
  • beccyleigh
    Do some searches on keto flu as it can be sorted out immediately. I got magnesium tablets and upped my sodium and it went in 10mins
  • justbreathesrw28
    justbreathesrw28 Posts: 39 Member
    beccyleigh wrote: »
    Do some searches on keto flu as it can be sorted out immediately. I got magnesium tablets and upped my sodium and it went in 10mins

Thank you!!! I will
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    What a great thread!!! I'm 7 days in and down 7lbs. Doing induction 20g carbs or less and 30 min a day on an elliptical. Today is the first day of feeling real blah and icky wondering if I'm getting the keto "flu" a little late?

My goal is 159lbs and my current wgt is 187. I would love to loose another 12lbs by feb 26 when I leave for a 17 day trip to California...
    You can and will get those symptoms at any time if electrolytes are low. Along with a bunch of other possible symptoms.
    The symptoms people refer to as "Keto flu" (can't stand that term myself) are from low electrolytes. Initially sodium. Then goes the magnesium and potassium too. So by the time you feel it, you've lost some of each. Get the sodium up by drinking broth, salting done water or having some pickles for a quick fix. But supplement with magnesium glycinate, citrate or any that end with "ate" and use some NuSalt or Lite Salt for potassium along with regular salt on foods and you'll be all set. If the electrolytes get lower or stay low, you'll be having leg and feet cramps next.
    Aim for 3000-5000mg sodium a day to keep on top of it and around 600mg magnesium. Start with less than that though and work up. The general rule is that when you reach a dosage that causes slight digestive discomfort, then back off by one tablet and that's the right amount for you. If you ever encounter constipation, taking an extra dose is also a good solution.