Low Carb Breakfast On The Go

Options
Does anyone have any quick low carb breakfast recipes or tips that's fast and can be taken on the go?

Replies

• nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    For me, it is usually coffee with coconut oil and cream. I add protein powder if I want the extra. Otherwise I will grab cheese and sausage or last night's leftovers.
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    I sometimes make egg cups with whatever ingredients I have, eggs, cheese, bacon, peppers, etc. Bake in a muffin tin them out in Ziploc bags, two at a time, micro for a few seconds to rewarm. They're easy and good.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    On the go keto breakfast foods are usually prepared ahead of time. Making up a batch on a Sunday can last through the week! Google keto breakfast foods and you will find wonderful sites with recipes you can use, based on foods you like! Hang in there!
  • Smoked33
    Smoked33 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Quest bars! So many yummy flavours...
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    How low are your carbs set? We often make low carb tortilla breakfast burritos ahead of time and then freeze a batch.
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,414 Member
    Options
    I like to bake a bunch of hard boiled eggs in the oven, then I'm ready to go for the week. It's boring, but it works :)
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    I usually just have coffee with heavy cream for breakfast. I have made the egg muffins and also a recipe where you line a muffin tin with bacon and crack an egg inside and bake. Those were very good.
  • DianaElena76
    DianaElena76 Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    I usually just have coffee with coconut oil and grass-fed butter. I used to just make fried eggs with whatever meat, cheese, and veggie I had on hand, which doesn't take more than a few minutes. Egg cups/muffins are good and don't take long to prep on the weekend. I've also made cream cheese pancakes before and used them throughout the week, usually just with peanut spread on them and made into a sandwich or rolled crepe. I've also made caveman keto almond buns, which could be used for breakfast sandwiches. I don't have time to make breakfast anything fancy, and frankly I don't care for fancy breakfasts on rushed weekday mornings. I reserve the more complicated stuff for weekends (which means I often don't eat anything complicated at all). :)
  • vikashsinha
    vikashsinha Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    bullet proof coffee for me. It takes 5 mins to prepare and keeps me alert and full till 2-3 pm in the aferrnoon
  • Kitnthecat
    Kitnthecat Posts: 2,057 Member
    Options
    Black coffee and I am out the door with another black coffee. I'm still full from supper the night before. It's the easiest breakfast ever.

But I used to love to make egg muffins. Wrap about 1.5 slices of partially cooked bacon around the inside of the muffin tin depressions, crack one egg into each, season, top with cheese if you like. Into the oven for 15-20 minutes and you have 12 little portable snacks or breakfasts. Or if you don't want to bother with wrapping the bacon, chop some, partially cook, add to the bottom of the muffin cups, then add your egg. Or use chopped ham, any meat really...yum.