Getting to know everyone!

Options

Replies

• 2dogzrule
    2dogzrule Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Mener6896, for tracking calories I recommend a basic tracking watch (Polar has some nice ones that track heart rate, calories burned, distance, etc.) For purposes of modifications, I'd say maybe you are burning 3/4 of the calories that the 21 Day Fix guide says, but we all burn calories at different levels, so a tracking device is the best way to be 100% sure.

It is great that you are trying this despite your fibromyalgia. I have heard that is very painful, so kudos to you! Hopefully the clean eating will help with how you feel. Are you also using Shakeology?

Betsy, yay, day 2 is almost done! I know how you feel about Dunkin, LOL. A good replacement is coffee from home and a splash of almond milk!

Abby, welcome back on the wagon! If you stick with this, you will definitely lose. (I am just over 20 lbs. down in 3 months)

We can do this!!!
  • blueeyesgrace
    blueeyesgrace Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Good Morning, All!

I will try to keep my story short and sweet here... I had great success in the past with being a runner (would run 30 miles a week), and with somewhat clean eating. Then I met an amazing man, who lived an hour and a half from me. Right before I met him, I tore my quad muscle and was out of running for about 9 months total. Fast forward to today - we are engaged (wedding September 24!), and I am doing the dreaded commute from our home to my job (I have yet to find a job near our home). So with all that being said, I haven't run in quite some time, and dieting went out the window.

I also have Hashimoto's Disease (had it since age 12), and my levels were playing games with me the past few months. Levels are on track now, but I packed on 20 pounds. Yuck! Not what any gal wants coming into the home stretch towards the wedding! Anyways, he surprised me with a treadmill recently. Yay! I can get back into running, and I decided to give 21 day fix a go ahead to see if I can get back to clean eating! Heading to the grocery store tonight (list already made!), and going to get back on track.

I am hoping with getting back to my normal running, and clean eating - I'll be able to shed about 40 pounds for the wedding. 40 pounds in 8 months seems relatively reasonable, right??
  • AColotti
    AColotti Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I am on my 2nd day of the 21 Day Fix.. first timer on the fix. I am doing Shakeology with it and I love having that as my breakfast! I want to lose about 30-35 lbs by the end of this year, then tone up.. so I'm hoping this will get me on the right track! I like the fix so far as it doesn't necessarily say don't eat this or that, but it really guides you in portion control! Which is what I have a problem with!

I did the total body cardio workout last night and my legs feel like jello today.. but I know that is good! I have a 6 month old puppy who is high energy so I try to walk him each day, which helps me a lot, plus starting the work outs.

I'm so excited to be a part of this program, I hope I can really stick with it even after it ends!! Good luck everyone!
  • 2dogzrule
    Options
    Good Morning, All!

I will try to keep my story short and sweet here... I had great success in the past with being a runner (would run 30 miles a week), and with somewhat clean eating. Then I met an amazing man, who lived an hour and a half from me. Right before I met him, I tore my quad muscle and was out of running for about 9 months total. Fast forward to today - we are engaged (wedding September 24!), and I am doing the dreaded commute from our home to my job (I have yet to find a job near our home). So with all that being said, I haven't run in quite some time, and dieting went out the window.

I also have Hashimoto's Disease (had it since age 12), and my levels were playing games with me the past few months. Levels are on track now, but I packed on 20 pounds. Yuck! Not what any gal wants coming into the home stretch towards the wedding! Anyways, he surprised me with a treadmill recently. Yay! I can get back into running, and I decided to give 21 day fix a go ahead to see if I can get back to clean eating! Heading to the grocery store tonight (list already made!), and going to get back on track.

I am hoping with getting back to my normal running, and clean eating - I'll be able to shed about 40 pounds for the wedding. 40 pounds in 8 months seems relatively reasonable, right??

Welcome! Great for you getting back into working out despite your illness! You can absolutely lose 40 pounds for your wedding (congrats!), and I am confident you will do it in less than 8 months if you stick with the program! Are you working with a coach also?
  • 2dogzrule
    Options
    AColotti wrote: »
    Hi everyone! I am on my 2nd day of the 21 Day Fix.. first timer on the fix. I am doing Shakeology with it and I love having that as my breakfast! I want to lose about 30-35 lbs by the end of this year, then tone up.. so I'm hoping this will get me on the right track! I like the fix so far as it doesn't necessarily say don't eat this or that, but it really guides you in portion control! Which is what I have a problem with!

I did the total body cardio workout last night and my legs feel like jello today.. but I know that is good! I have a 6 month old puppy who is high energy so I try to walk him each day, which helps me a lot, plus starting the work outs.

I'm so excited to be a part of this program, I hope I can really stick with it even after it ends!! Good luck everyone!

Welcome! Shakeology is so yummy. One of my favorite things to do with it is blend it with frozen blueberries, water, 1/4 tsp. of pumpkin pie spice and a tsp. of vanilla extract.

After the first week of workouts, your body will adjust and they will get easier. What kind of puppy do you have?
  • kbrowett
    kbrowett Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Katie. I've done 21 day fix before but I've never been able to complete the full 21 days. I'm on day 5 now and going strong. No cheats and no missed workouts :).
    I want to loose 5 pounds... after that I'll want to loose another 5 but that's life!!
  • 2dogzrule
    Options
    kbrowett wrote: »
    Hi I'm Katie. I've done 21 day fix before but I've never been able to complete the full 21 days. I'm on day 5 now and going strong. No cheats and no missed workouts :).
    I want to loose 5 pounds... after that I'll want to loose another 5 but that's life!!

Great job Katie and welcome! You will have that 5 pounds off in no time! Are you also using Shakeology?
  • gaylewoodruff321
    gaylewoodruff321 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    HI I am Gayle committed to this ....getting my fitness and weight back in check.Lots of excuse why I fell off 2 years ago but why bother...
    I am on day 5 and am loving it.
    I am 63
  • soummer
    soummer Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Welcome everyone!
  • 2dogzrule
    Options
    HI I am Gayle committed to this ....getting my fitness and weight back in check.Lots of excuse why I fell off 2 years ago but why bother...
    I am on day 5 and am loving it.
    I am 63

Welcome Gayle! Glad you are loving it so far!
  • vpalmatier07
    vpalmatier07 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi there - I'm Val and have had good results with the 21 day fix in the past but struggled into the new year. I have about 70 to lost this year (down 5 so far). I also am using the Cize videos to spice things up as bonus workouts. My shakeology is in the mail and looking forward to incorporating that in my diet.
  • gardenimp
    gardenimp Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Hi all; new to the group but not new to dieting. 2 years ago I was 5 pounds from my goal weight and suffered an injury that took 6 months to heal. I was inactive so I gained weight, then ate because I was depressed about my weight gain. So fast forward to now..... I started 21 day fix yesterday. All this measuring with containers and how many containers of each colors is pretty time consuming. I'm sure it will get easier. I'm struggling with the recommended water consumption, mostly cause I'm not a fan. I bought a fusing pitcher so hopefully that will get better too.
  • lore2810
    lore2810 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,
    I am on Day 1 of my first round of the 21 Day Fix. I am 42 and need to lose at least 50 lbs.
    I am a sugar addict so that will be the toughest part for me, sugar withdrawal is brutal for me. Once I get past that I am sure things will get easier. My hubby is doing it with me as well so I have some support :smiley:
  • krissy5686
    krissy5686 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I'm Krissy. I love Autumn's workouts and used them to trim down several years ago. Now after a move, a job change and a baby, I have a lot of weight to lose.

I started yesterday and am looking forward to having some accountability buddies. Hard work, but worth it.

Besides losing weight, I'm trying to kick the diet soda habit for good and really cut down on processed sugar.
  • gaylewoodruff321
    gaylewoodruff321 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Welcome all new,I am in my second week. I really like the containers it keeps it simple for me. I found this morning was a bit easier on my Full boy cardio fix. Water gets easier for me with lemon in it and if I don't let myself have anything but coffee or tea.
    Let's go do this together.
    Buddy up not sure how to get us tracking together.
  • 2dogzrule
    Options
    Hi there - I'm Val and have had good results with the 21 day fix in the past but struggled into the new year. I have about 70 to lost this year (down 5 so far). I also am using the Cize videos to spice things up as bonus workouts. My shakeology is in the mail and looking forward to incorporating that in my diet.

Welcome Val, amazing job on your weight loss and happy to have you here!
  • 2dogzrule
    Options
    Welcome all new,I am in my second week. I really like the containers it keeps it simple for me. I found this morning was a bit easier on my Full boy cardio fix. Water gets easier for me with lemon in it and if I don't let myself have anything but coffee or tea.
    Let's go do this together.
    Buddy up not sure how to get us tracking together.

Are you working with a coach? We can help with all that and more to keep you focused and on track.
  • 2dogzrule
    Options
    krissy5686 wrote: »
    Hi all, I'm Krissy. I love Autumn's workouts and used them to trim down several years ago. Now after a move, a job change and a baby, I have a lot of weight to lose.

I started yesterday and am looking forward to having some accountability buddies. Hard work, but worth it.

Besides losing weight, I'm trying to kick the diet soda habit for good and really cut down on processed sugar.

Welcome Krissy! Try flavored or plain seltzer with lemon in place of soda, even if you have to mix the two together to start to wean off.
  • 2dogzrule
    Options
    lore2810 wrote: »
    Hi Everyone,
    I am on Day 1 of my first round of the 21 Day Fix. I am 42 and need to lose at least 50 lbs.
    I am a sugar addict so that will be the toughest part for me, sugar withdrawal is brutal for me. Once I get past that I am sure things will get easier. My hubby is doing it with me as well so I have some support :smiley:

So glad you are here! Eat all your purples so you get your max in natural sugar. You can do this and it's great you have the hubs for extra support!
  • 2dogzrule
    Options
    gardenimp wrote: »
    Hi all; new to the group but not new to dieting. 2 years ago I was 5 pounds from my goal weight and suffered an injury that took 6 months to heal. I was inactive so I gained weight, then ate because I was depressed about my weight gain. So fast forward to now..... I started 21 day fix yesterday. All this measuring with containers and how many containers of each colors is pretty time consuming. I'm sure it will get easier. I'm struggling with the recommended water consumption, mostly cause I'm not a fan. I bought a fusing pitcher so hopefully that will get better too.

Welcome! Yes the containers can be a little overwhelming at first. You will have them memorized in no time! Food prep ahead of time will also help. I bought a 62 piece Rubbermaid set from Walmart so I cook and load them up for meals for the week when I can. (I travel lots for work so not always feasible)!