Introduce Your Lovly Self!

Options
Hey everyone! Introduction are sometime tedious and can become boing, so why not tell us something interesting along with your goals like: What do you love most about yourself and why? Why don't you love something? Get into a greater thinking about loving yourself. Tell us your goals, and a dream you have that one day want to accomplish (doesn't have to be diet/fitness related). Say something silly, make people laugh - it's the greatest medicine after all :wink:

"I'm Lovin' It!"

Replies

• BabyUnicorn3
    BabyUnicorn3 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    My name is Tara, I'm 24 years old and I am learning to enjoy life on a greater level. Some of my goals would include, taking a shower under a waterfall, dive with whale sharks, find a mermaid, save the rainforests, and help others enjoy life to become a better person for humanity. Some of this is silly, but most of it is real.

I want to be the change in the world that I want to see!
  • SwissMatterhorn
    SwissMatterhorn Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Sandra from Brisbane, Australia. I love needle work (knitting, cross stitch), my feet, and my cats (plus the other, human members of my family of course). Some of my goals are: see the northern lights, visit Buthan, fly over the Alps in a hot air balloon, play well the clarinet. I've recently started dance classes (Charleston, balboa, swing, etc) and it is tremendous fun!
    Cheers :)
  • BabyUnicorn3
    Options
    Hi, I'm Sandra from Brisbane, Australia. I love needle work (knitting, cross stitch), my feet, and my cats (plus the other, human members of my family of course). Some of my goals are: see the northern lights, visit Buthan, fly over the Alps in a hot air balloon, play well the clarinet. I've recently started dance classes (Charleston, balboa, swing, etc) and it is tremendous fun!
    Cheers :)

WOW Sandra! That's AWESOME! I knit/crochet too! ! ! and dance class! I would love to do that as well! Thank you for sharing! and the clarinet, only takes lots of practice and dedication! I bet you already play well! Believe you can and you will! <3
  • sophilyplum
    sophilyplum Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Am I late to the party? I'm 25yrs old, recently got into yoga. I have limited me time so doing yoga and lifting are my luxuries! I sometimes like to de stress with colouring books, they're good for meditating. :)
  • AutumnSkye_16
    AutumnSkye_16 Posts: 21 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Hi! I'm 35 years old, married, and have two teenage daughters. I'd like to become a nurse one day, get the courage to skydive, and to gain more independence. I've been to a 10 day meditation retreat a year ago and I enjoyed it but didn't keep it up. I just started incorporating meditation into my daily routine. I'm on day 4.
  • vegangela_
    vegangela_ Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I'm Angela, I'm 24 and from NSW, Australia. I've recently returned to yoga after some time off the mat, and discovered how much flexibility I've lost! So my goal is to get that flexibility and strength back. I try to meditate daily, I practice vipassana meditation.
  • AutumnSkye_16
    AutumnSkye_16 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I went to the 10 day Vippassana retreat a year ago...10 days no talking....it's what made me decide I like to meditate. :-)
  • vegangela_
    vegangela_ Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure I could go 10 days without talking.
  • BabyUnicorn3
    Options
    Am I late to the party? I'm 25yrs old, recently got into yoga. I have limited me time so doing yoga and lifting are my luxuries! I sometimes like to de stress with colouring books, they're good for meditating. :)

NO such thing as LATE! You're more than welcome here, anyone at anytime! ! !
    Hi! I'm 35 years old, married, and have two teenage daughters. I'd like to become a nurse one day, get the courage to skydive, and to gain more independence. I've been to a 10 day meditation retreat a year ago and I enjoyed it but didn't keep it up. I just started incorporating meditation into my daily routine. I'm on day 4.

• BabyUnicorn3
    Options
    Autumn, Welcome! and YOU can do anythign you set your mind too! Become an RN! Thats GrEAT! ! ! I went skydiving, its not so bad! Tandom... LOL Hope to see you reach your goals! <3
  • BabyUnicorn3
    Options
    vegangela_ wrote: »
    I'm Angela, I'm 24 and from NSW, Australia. I've recently returned to yoga after some time off the mat, and discovered how much flexibility I've lost! So my goal is to get that flexibility and strength back. I try to meditate daily, I practice vipassana meditation.

WOW I'm never heard of Vippassana Meditation! I'll have to look it up! Sounds cool!

• RelentlessFierceWarriorBill
    Options
    Hello everyone!! I'm Bill, 67 years young, from Niles, Michigan, Southwest corner of the state, right on the Mi./Indiana border. My main forms of exercise are Pilates, Yoga, and Barre, but I also enjoy bicycling, walking, pumping iron, rowing, and much more. I'm just coming back to exercise after a couple month layoff due to some surgery and recovery time. This coming weekend, Sept. 25-27th, I'm beginning the first phase of Pilates instructor training. I keep faltering at maintaining a meditation practice, so hoping being part of this group will give me new motivation to stay at it. Looking forward to getting to know some of you, and maybe meeting some new MFP friends! Namaste ~ Bill
  • BabyUnicorn3
    Options
    Hello everyone!! I'm Bill, 67 years young, from Niles, Michigan, Southwest corner of the state, right on the Mi./Indiana border. My main forms of exercise are Pilates, Yoga, and Barre, but I also enjoy bicycling, walking, pumping iron, rowing, and much more. I'm just coming back to exercise after a couple month layoff due to some surgery and recovery time. This coming weekend, Sept. 25-27th, I'm beginning the first phase of Pilates instructor training. I keep faltering at maintaining a meditation practice, so hoping being part of this group will give me new motivation to stay at it. Looking forward to getting to know some of you, and maybe meeting some new MFP friends! Namaste ~ Bill

Bill I am very pleased to meet you! ! ! I'm in Florida, so I'm way south of you, I can only imagine how beautiful the tree are as they turn those beautiful colors of Orange/red/yellow! ! ! I LOVE that! and Pilates instructor! ! ! GOOOOODDDDD FOR YOU! Once I am done with Massage therapist Cert and my fractured knee FINALLY heals I'm going to yoga school! ! ! I love this community of people so much, I've never felt more at home with like-mind doers! ! ! Welcome to the group! Please, if you have anything to share with us FEEL FREE! If you would like to post some Pilates stuff I can create a discussion board just for that for you, ONLY if you'd like - I don't want you to feel obligated that I asked, I only wish to give you options here and freely express yourself in whichever way you want to! And we will certainly help you in your meditation ;) Check out the new challenge and start there <3 Warmest Wishes!
  • Pookylou
    Pookylou Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    Hello! *waves* I am new to the group

I am Emma, I'm living in the UK (in Lincoln), I am a huge geek girl, I love comic books, sewing & my pets (small annoying dog, older grumpy cat & small recently acquired Norwegian Forest Cat kitten). I am something of an artist & love painting & drawing.

I've been practicing yoga on & off for the last couple of years, but am finally starting to get serious about my practice. Goals: get over my fear of inversions & do some cool yoga poses :) Become comfortable in my own skin, visit Japan, get more pets :D
  • BabyUnicorn3
    Options
    Pookylou wrote: »
    Hello! *waves* I am new to the group

I am Emma, I'm living in the UK (in Lincoln), I am a huge geek girl, I love comic books, sewing & my pets (small annoying dog, older grumpy cat & small recently acquired Norwegian Forest Cat kitten). I am something of an artist & love painting & drawing.

I've been practicing yoga on & off for the last couple of years, but am finally starting to get serious about my practice. Goals: get over my fear of inversions & do some cool yoga poses :) Become comfortable in my own skin, visit Japan, get more pets :D

WELCOME! Inversions are my FAVORITE! I love practice them - Although I'm not SUPER good at them I still love them! Welcome to the group! Look around post, and give ideas!

• SwayyBug
    SwayyBug Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm Skye, 34, recently moved to Pittsburgh. Lost 100 pounds five years ago. Ive been practicing yoga since I was 21 when I took a fantastic Yoga class for credit in college. Now I practice every day and am looking to complete a teacher training in the next year.
  • AutumnBlue4
    AutumnBlue4 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hello, can I join in too please?! I live in Scotland and I like to run and have practised yoga on and off for years but I'm currently doing a little every day and have been since the 1st of November. I am feeling great and now can't wait to do my daily yoga. I hope this feeling continues and I go past my goal of November the 30th.
  • ReniaL
    ReniaL Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone I am Renata and I live in Hull in the UK. I have been on a self discovery path for a while now. I came across a book on Law of Attraction and this is when it all started. I love meditations. Recently I had a hip operation so am not able to do a high impact exercises but notice that Yoga is one of the activities which help and I really enjoy it. It is nice to see that this group is on here :) with so many like minded people.
    Things I really want is to go on holidays to Peru and see the Machu Picchu, to hug the ruins and feel their energy. This is one of my life's dreams
  • hellosay
    hellosay Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am from India and surprisingly just discovered Yoga and Pranayam. I have hypertension and hope to get it in control through Yoga.
    I follow Baba Ramdev's Yoga who is a big Yoga guru in India and has lots of free videos on youtube. If you are lucky, some may even be in English. :)
    Glad to find a Yoga group. Stay healthy and happy.
    As Baba Ramdev says, we are all God's children, so what's the need to worry!
  • KatieSChaisemom
    KatieSChaisemom Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I am 27 , will be 28 in June. I have always been a spiritual person. I found yoga and meditation when I was about 14 years old. I used it mainly for exercise and went from 210 lbs down to 110 in a year just by eating right and yoga. I stayed thin till I reached my early 20s and inevitable slowly gained all my weight back and lost myself to life. You know work, school, marriage, moving, kids etc. Well I have been called back to the lifestyle after having my daughter. I have been practicing again for roughly 2 months and hope to get back to a mindful, relaxed, fit human being. I equally want to manage stress and anxiety as well as lose weight. I would love if I could eventually do some really cool inversions/ balance poses like crow or a handstand. I used to be able to perform the wheel but cannot at this point. So that is my first inversion goal.