What does your favorite blogger eat?

Options
wabmester
wabmester Posts: 2,748 Member
I saw the Abel James thread and thought it might be interesting to see what these bloggers eat themselves.

Who's your favorite blogger, and what do they eat?

Mine has gotta be Petro "Peter" Dobromylskyj:
http://high-fat-nutrition.blogspot.com/

He's more into biochem research as it pertains to metabolic mechanisms, so he doesn't blog that much about diets or himself, but he left a fascinating comment the other day:

Essentially, I live on butter. Chicken fillets + butter = minimal omega 6 PUFA, ditto pork. Beef we can get 20% fat mince in the UK. But butter saves the day, as does cream...

There may be some benefits from carb intake, even if it's just hormesis from the nasty toxins in the veggies. What level is an open question, but my bet is low.

So almost carnivore, maybe with enough veggies for the hormetic effect, and lots of butter. :)

Replies

• FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options
    I don't really follow any bloggers. But, there are a couple zero-carb blogs that I know about. They mostly eat like me (no plants).
  • Panda_Poptarts
    Panda_Poptarts Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    FIT_Goat wrote: »
    They mostly eat like me (no plants).

My husband would love your way of eating.
  • CinderellaDaisy
    CinderellaDaisy Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Mine is not low carb but I like paleo parents (they have 3 boys) it's a family thing for them. The nice thing is they do it a family but go deeper into each persons specific needs (fighting ADHD, working with skin issues, allergies and joint issues.)
  • FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options
  • glossbones
    glossbones Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    I always get so dismayed when non-health bloggers I follow post their cupcakes or other carbage. Takes me a minute to remember not all the blogs I follow are Keto!
  • wabmester
    wabmester Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Bumping this hugely popular thread because another blogger just posted about his diet. :)

Stephan Guyenet, an obesity researcher whom low-carbers love to hate.
    http://wholehealthsource.blogspot.com/2016/02/what-i-eat.html

PM%2Bcorn.JPG
  • sault_girl
    sault_girl Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I haven't been following much lately, but I've always been a fan of Mark Sissons @ marksdailyapple who is sort of a paleo (with dairy) lower carb (but not necessarily keto) kinda guy. I like him, he's pretty laid back.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    There's a whole lot of wrong in that one for me!
  • sault_girl
    sault_girl Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    wabmester wrote: »
    Bumping this hugely popular thread because another blogger just posted about his diet. :)

Stephan Guyenet, an obesity researcher whom low-carbers love to hate.
    http://wholehealthsource.blogspot.com/2016/02/what-i-eat.html

PM%2Bcorn.JPG

I only got as far as this quote "I love cheese, but I don't eat it very much because I don't usually have bread around." and then I was so distracted by it I couldn't continue. Could anyone really lack imagination to the extent that they can't think of much other than bread to put cheese on?

:D Sorry, I'm just bugging. But I seriously didn't read after that part.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    LOL yes, who needs bread??

I don't follow many blogs but I do pin recipes from ibreatheimhungry. :)