2»

Replies

• pree22
    pree22 Posts: 3 Member
    Hi everyone my name is Pree.
    My CW 61.3kg
    My GW 53kg
    Height 5.2"
    Been on the roller coaster many times . Last year this time I was 58kg but then put it all back on again
  • kesslemg
    kesslemg Posts: 47 Member
    jwilson507 wrote: »
    Melissa,
    I like PiYo a lot! I've only done 4 workouts. I feel like it's already helping my balance. Try it on YouTube before you buy.

Awesome. I'll check it out after I finish T25.

I'd like to get back to running in the spring also. Is anyone else a runner? I've done a couple of half marathons and 10K's. I mya just need to sign up for a race to get me moving...
  • Mjtckwnow
    Mjtckwnow Posts: 528 Member
    edited February 2016
    kesslemg wrote: »
    jwilson507 wrote: »
    Melissa,
    I like PiYo a lot! I've only done 4 workouts. I feel like it's already helping my balance. Try it on YouTube before you buy.

Awesome. I'll check it out after I finish T25.

I'd like to get back to running in the spring also. Is anyone else a runner? I've done a couple of half marathons and 10K's. I mya just need to sign up for a race to get me moving...

I'm a runner and also doing PiYo :) I've made it up to week 4 before in PiYo and I really saw lots of improvements in that time. I'm committed to completing all 8 weeks this time (back on week 1 currently). You should totally sign up for a race, that's always great motivation with my running.

• lsabeIIe
    lsabeIIe Posts: 566 Member
    I have a question about PiYo.

I use to do workouts that involved a lot of jumping (T25, Turbofire, Ruthless, Insanity, Just dance, name it...).
    Problem is, now I have downstairs neibourgs and I would like to stay in good terms :p

So, how about PiYo ? Do you think it would be ok if I don't want to annoy the people downstairs ?
  • lizadaze
    lizadaze Posts: 118 Member
    Welcome, Deborah, Jonathan and Pree! :) Yay! More members!!

Thanks for sharing your introductions and goals. Let's do it people!!
  • kesslemg
    kesslemg Posts: 47 Member
    lsabeIIe wrote: »

I use to do workouts that involved a lot of jumping (T25, Turbofire, Ruthless, Insanity, Just dance, name it...).
    Problem is, now I have downstairs neibourgs and I would like to stay in good terms :p

So, how about PiYo ? Do you think it would be ok if I don't want to annoy the people downstairs ?

From my understanding, piyo doesn't have any jumping. It's yoga and Pilates do it focuses more on balance and strength. I haven't done the videos but that's my assumption. You can do T25 with out the jumping. They have a girl that's a modifier.
  • Mjtckwnow
    Mjtckwnow Posts: 528 Member

From my understanding, piyo doesn't have any jumping. It's yoga and Pilates do it focuses more on balance and strength. I haven't done the videos but that's my assumption. You can do T25 with out the jumping. They have a girl that's a modifier.

I know in the "Sweat" workout there is a small section (like 3-4 mins) where she says you can add a little jump to the movement but it isn't necessary you just follow the modified version.
  • 19LauraJane61
    19LauraJane61 Posts: 1 Member
    This is the first time posting: I hope this doesn't show up as a reply to someone! I need to lose 50 pounds and I hope to lose 20 pounds by April 24. I have been using mfp with my I phone and for the past 2 weeks I have been devoted to doing so and it helps me say focused! Good luck to all
  • lizadaze
    Welcome! Your post is just fine and becomes part of the discussion thread.

Keep up the focus of logging and checking in here. It seriously does help. Keeps your goals front of mind and you'll see that everyone else here is trying to do the same thing - stick to their health and fitness goals.

Glad to have you in group. Let's end the week strong people!!
  • lsabeIIe
    lsabeIIe Posts: 566 Member

I know in the "Sweat" workout there is a small section (like 3-4 mins) where she says you can add a little jump to the movement but it isn't necessary you just follow the modified version.

Thanks for your answers. I've tcheck it out a little more and I think I will try it.
  • tyboskates
    tyboskates Posts: 23 Member
    Hello Everyone, I am Tracy and going to be 47 next month. I am a Mom to an 11 y.o. daughter and a 15 y.o. son and a wife and full time buyer. I am 5'6" and currently weight 165lbs but would love to ultimately be 140lbs. I was there 3 years ago and let myself go so I am once again working towards my ultimate weight goal. I need to re-focus on eating healthy and getting my butt back to the gym. I used to work out every morning at 4am before my kids woke up but again, I let myself become lazy (not wanting to get out of my warm bed on these cold dark Chicago mornings). Any healthy dinner ideas that do not take long to make would be awesome for this full time working Mom. Please add me to your friends list as I would love all the support I can get. Thanks for having me and WE CAN DO THIS!
  • lizadaze
    Hi Tracy! Welcome. We're going to do this together and make the best effort to reach our 12 week goals by taking little steps and focusing each week, day, hour!

I'll add you to my friends list.
  • journey2sugar
    journey2sugar Posts: 10 Member
    Sorry guys, I know I'm late!

My name is Jess, I'm a 20-something publicist living in New York City.

My current weight: 266 lbs (I'm 5'8")
    12-week goal: 35 lbs (about 3 lbs/week, and it's ok if I only get close!)

My plan: Track EVERYDAY, I have a bad habit of tracking and then going off the rails and stopping tracking for weeks. I am trying to kick-start a life change where I eat clean 80% of the time and drink LOTS of water. I only drink water, with the occasional coffee and apple cider vinegar, honey and water every day.

My overall goal is to really give it my all and STICK WITH IT. I'm one of those people who does well for one week and then has a bad day, thinks "screw it" and gives up completely. But something happened a few weeks ago that scared me: I was eating Chipotle, shoveling it in my mouth and all of a sudden, my breathing got short and my side started hurting and I immediately thought,"I'm having a stroke." I don't want to have a stroke before I'm 30, so I need to do this for my health (and who am I kidding? My vanity haha).

Please add me for motivation, I log in and comment and like everyday!
  • lizadaze
    Hi Jess. Welcome! So glad you found us. You have us to help you keep accountable and not quit this time just because of one bad day. If you keep fighting for it, you will make a difference over the next 12 weeks.

It takes about 12 weeks of consistency to change habits for the long run. I plan on keeping this going as long as there is interest.
  • I'm Ashley, a mother if 3 beautiful children. My main goal is to lose about 100lbs and hey healthy so I'm around long enough to see my babies have babies. But for now my 12wk goal is to lose at least 15lbs. I bought some things to help me work out today, so I'm looking forward to tomorrow
  • lizadaze
    Hi Ashley! I'm so glad you found us. You're in the right place to help you share your goals and support others in their fitness quest, too. I think 15 lbs in twelve weeks is certainly doable. What equipment did you buy? How are things going? Be sure to post on the week three Monday thread to start the week out strong. Welcome!
This discussion has been closed.