Kettiecat's Weight Loss

Options

Replies

• 50extra
    50extra Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    Great job! I know that weight loss chart looks like its all over the map but over time it is going to be a constant negative slope! I also like seeing the water retention and then seeing the line plummet below your previous low weight.

The most amazing part of this whole post so far is 11 hours of sleep! That's crazy. I read everywhere about how important it is to get your sleep but for some reason I only get 6 or 7 hours a night.

Nice work
  • kettiecat
    kettiecat Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I put a high priority on sleep in our house. All the kids go to bed at 7pm and stay in their rooms for "quiet time" until 7 am. Most nights that gives my husband and I 3-4 hours of couple time. It's also when we get most of our workouts in. That night I was feeling the weariness of 4 days of running and went to bed with the kids.
  • kettiecat
    Options
    @khatmott
    My original plan wasn't to start weightlifting until after the cruise when I met XYZ conditions. I realized though that I was creating obstacles to starting because I wasn't comfortable with weights. But the more I read the more I became convinced that the best looking weight loss results were going to come from calorie deficit combined with a wide range of physical activities. I had 5lbs Dumbbells, I had the ability to watch hours of videos on form, I could start lifting today in my home where the only person to giggle at a 10 lb bench press was my husband. So I told myself I would find a short full body workout and I would try it once. Annnnnd even at 5lbs I really liked the way I felt.

I wouldn't put off starting, even if you use no weights and just practice the motions.
  • kettiecat
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Omg! My fat calipers and how to book came today! I'm way too excited for a new thing to track and graph.
  • angie_kins
    angie_kins Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    kettiecat wrote: »
    Started week 3 of my couch to 5k program, still on track to be ready for the Castaway Cay 5k. Trying to find a good macro balance within my calorie limit seems to be this weeks challenge.

I am also on week 3! I'm doing a 5K on February 20 but I'm planning to do some run/walk since I won't be all the way through the program yet. Good luck!
  • LottieStanley
    LottieStanley Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    You know I want to be you. You are so organized and informed. Keep posting your progress in learning slit by reading them. I bet you look awesome on your cruise. B)
  • LottieStanley
    LottieStanley Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Oops I hate my chubby fingers. I meant I'm learning a lot by reading them.
  • Kell2912
    Kell2912 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking of getting a kettleball at home so i can do some strength training at night while i'm at work. Well done you
  • kettiecat
    edited February 2016
    Options
    So I used my new skinfold body calipers the results were not surprising but the implications were.

Body fat 29.7%
    Weight 155.8

155.8 X 29.7= 46.27 lbs of fat
    155.8 - 46.27 = 109.53 lbs lean body mass

BUT when I put in to find ideal body weight things get interesting.

20% is the upper limit for female athlete body fat, that's my goal.

100-29.7= 70.3
    100-20= 80
    70.3/ 80= .879

155.8 x .897= 137

137 is 12-17lbs heavier than what I thought was a good goal weight. Now I need to refigure my goals to reflect a weight loss to 135 then switch to a lower rate of loss and carefully track fat %.
  • Kell2912
    Options
    wow interesting numbers. I don't think i could find fat calipers that will measure the amount of fat i have. Way to go you for setting yourself some good goals and going for them
  • kettiecat
    Options

cwdgej68wv1g.jpg
    dw4mhnajsbv5.jpg

Two week progress pictures
  • PrimalJillian
    PrimalJillian Posts: 1,129 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Wow! Nice progress. Definitely a noticeable difference from your starting picture.
  • cmr3399
    cmr3399 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    GREAT PROGRESS...I need to start taking pictures, seeing the change will help my push!
  • totaldetermination
    totaldetermination Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    what a great difference !
  • kettiecat
    Options
    So irritated, I ordered a Boba Fett tank top for the cruise XL, it just came in and it's snug. 5lb loss, a size up from what I normally get and still tight. I shake my fist at you Disney!

It still looks good, I just wanted a looser fit.
  • kettiecat
    Options
    Went over my sodium yesterday. I normally consume 1500 mg yesterday over 5000. Damn soy sauce! I have to buy the low sodium when this bottle is done. Upside I was only up a pound this morning.

I'm thinking that after the cruise I'm going to increase my weight training from every 3 days to 3 times a week. Every time I lift I'm increasing weight or increasing reps it's a great feeling. My end goal is more of a fat % then scale weight and lifting seems to be the way to get there.

I'm on week 5 day 3 for my c25k. Yesterday's run was two 8 minute jogs with 5 minute walk in between and I did it easily with a steady controlled breathing rate. I felt more refreshed than tired afterward. Excited about tomorrow's run its two miles straight through. I haven't run two miles without stopping since high school. I'd really love for my time to be at 20 minutes but more realistically I'm looking at about 27.
  • nbbaby
    nbbaby Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Good luck with your run today. :)
  • smiphette
    smiphette Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    The runs sound great! Hitting that milestone will feel awesome.
  • Kell2912
    Options
    Wow you are smashing this. Massive difference in your two photos and it sounds like the gym is really working for you. Way to go. You are going to look awesome on this cruise and it's all down to your hard work. You inspire me
  • kettiecat
    Options
    Ugh. I got about .6 miles in and had to talk a breather, then when I started back up my knee was bothering me and I just couldn't mentally get back into it.

I did the 8 minutes running 5 walking 8 running just fine so next run I'll try 10 3 10, then try the two mile run again.