Looking for help

Options
student37
student37 Posts: 29 Member
I have been gluten free for a little more than 3 years now. I am having trouble and looking for suggestions. I take 4,000 mg of Vitamin D daily, multi vitamin daily and 1,000 vitamin B. I still am losing hair and have a lot of brain fog lately with being exhausted. I am looking for suggestions that may help. I have joined the wellness center as I am gaining weight lately. Will stick to walking, biking, and light weightlifting at the moment.

I seem to keep going in cycles with this. I can't seem to keep things under control.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Replies

• nitepagan
    nitepagan Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    One of the things I have found is, I get a lot of gas when I use flour alternatives. So, one just has to give up on all those things, you used to like, concentrate on veggies, fruit, rice and meat, if you still eat meat. Dairy and eggs are also ok.
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,533 Member
    Options
    Have your thyroid checked. Those symptoms described can be from low thyroid levels.
  • pheinc
    pheinc Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Try to avoid xanthem gum if you aren't already.
  • toriann22
    toriann22 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I try to stick to as much clean eating as I can. I cook extra veggies and meat to use for lunches, I do have gf toast (UDI brand) every morning with jam, I also try and drink lots of water. I would suggest going to a Natropath.
  • marisue89
    marisue89 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Trader Joe's carries a gluten free oatmeal and also a GF tricolor quinoa that are good.
    And in our store, at least, they have a whole list of the GF foods they carry at the front of the store that you can pick up.

Fresh fruits and vegetables are a good choice. If you are sensitive to pesticides/chemicals, it's best to stick with organic. You can find lists of the most common foods to look out for:
    http://www.pbs.org/wnet/need-to-know/health/the-dirty-dozen-and-clean-15-of-produce/616/