Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

overnight oats recipes?

junebb
junebb Posts: 37 Member
I have fallen in love <3 with overnight oats! Anyone with good creative recipes/ ingredient combos please share.

Replies

• fitdaisygrrl
    fitdaisygrrl Posts: 139 Member
    Oh ditto! My favourite so far is a very basic one I tried- steel cut oats, fat-free greek yogurt and frozen blueberries. I've added a dash of almond milk and used maple syrup and/or stevia for a sweetener.
  • MoonKat7
    MoonKat7 Posts: 358 Member
    I love it but I haven't made it in a while due to different meal plan but I used chocolate protein powder with water or coconut milk. I've used frozen blue berries or mixed frozen berries with coconut milk. I've used dried raisin and nuts with coconut milk.
  • amyrllin1
    amyrllin1 Posts: 34 Member
    Do you heat it up before eating it? The thought of cold oatmeal just does not appeal to me!
  • qxana1969
    qxana1969 Posts: 9,330 Member
    I love overnight oats. My favorite combo is frozen cherries, mixed with oats, a sprinkling of chia seeds and almond slices with stevia.
  • junebb
    @amyrllin1 you can heat it up or eat it cold. Either way works!
  • junebb
    @qxana1969 frozen cherries sounds delicious! Yum- ty for sharing.
  • junebb
    @MoonKat7 I haven't tried coconut milk- will have to do that. Have only used water or almond milk. Sounds good with raisins and nuts! Thanks for the idea.
  • MoonKat7
    MoonKat7 Posts: 358 Member
    junebb wrote: »
    @MoonKat7 I haven't tried coconut milk- will have to do that. Have only used water or almond milk. Sounds good with raisins and nuts! Thanks for the idea.

You're welcome. I add the raisins and nuts in the morning when I eat it.

I also know some people use freshly squeezed orange juice but I haven't tried it.

Another healthy thought. Add chia seeds :wink:

• swissmiss431
    swissmiss431 Posts: 22 Member
    Hi! I have a great overnight oats recipe. This is a recipe I learned while living in Switzerland called Bircher Muesli. It's practically the original overnight oats! No cooking required!

https://mindyqs.com/2016/01/07/bircher-muesli-breakfast-of-swiss-champions/

It's really delicious! It makes 10 servings and is 188 cal per serving. Add your own fruit and nuts and add those calories in for your breakfast total.