overnight oats recipes?

Options
junebb
junebb Posts: 37 Member
I have fallen in love <3 with overnight oats! Anyone with good creative recipes/ ingredient combos please share.

Replies

• fitdaisygrrl
    fitdaisygrrl Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Oh ditto! My favourite so far is a very basic one I tried- steel cut oats, fat-free greek yogurt and frozen blueberries. I've added a dash of almond milk and used maple syrup and/or stevia for a sweetener.
  • MoonKat7
    MoonKat7 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I love it but I haven't made it in a while due to different meal plan but I used chocolate protein powder with water or coconut milk. I've used frozen blue berries or mixed frozen berries with coconut milk. I've used dried raisin and nuts with coconut milk.
  • amyrllin1
    amyrllin1 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Do you heat it up before eating it? The thought of cold oatmeal just does not appeal to me!
  • qxana1969
    qxana1969 Posts: 9,330 Member
    Options
    I love overnight oats. My favorite combo is frozen cherries, mixed with oats, a sprinkling of chia seeds and almond slices with stevia.
  • junebb
    Options
    @amyrllin1 you can heat it up or eat it cold. Either way works!
  • junebb
    Options
    @qxana1969 frozen cherries sounds delicious! Yum- ty for sharing.
  • junebb
    Options
    @MoonKat7 I haven't tried coconut milk- will have to do that. Have only used water or almond milk. Sounds good with raisins and nuts! Thanks for the idea.
  • MoonKat7
    MoonKat7 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    junebb wrote: »
    @MoonKat7 I haven't tried coconut milk- will have to do that. Have only used water or almond milk. Sounds good with raisins and nuts! Thanks for the idea.

You're welcome. I add the raisins and nuts in the morning when I eat it.

I also know some people use freshly squeezed orange juice but I haven't tried it.

Another healthy thought. Add chia seeds :wink:

• swissmiss431
    swissmiss431 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi! I have a great overnight oats recipe. This is a recipe I learned while living in Switzerland called Bircher Muesli. It's practically the original overnight oats! No cooking required!

https://mindyqs.com/2016/01/07/bircher-muesli-breakfast-of-swiss-champions/

It's really delicious! It makes 10 servings and is 188 cal per serving. Add your own fruit and nuts and add those calories in for your breakfast total.