I've re-discovered crackers

Options
2»

Replies

• Panda_Poptarts
    Panda_Poptarts Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    I'm making parmesan "chips" today. Yum!!!
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    This works well with sliced cheese too, and you can use the various "popcorn" seasonings to make these seem like nacho cheese chips, ranch, etc. You can experiment with seasoned salts, cracked pepper, red pepper flakes if you like it spicy, etc. Also different combos similar seasonings. They make good crouton substitutes, too.

Oh, and for the record, this works very well with slices of pepperoni, too. Personally, those are great with some laughing cow swiss cheese or cream cheese swiped across them. Even my totally NOT low carb SO loves those!

Personal favorite combo is Extra Sharp White Cheddar (Cabot) crisped in the microwave and topped with the "ranch" popcorn seasoning. Way better than Cool Ranch Doritos.

They work well for applying pate, too, @PaleoInScotland .... if you're curious.

@JessicaLCHF also had a great recipe for I think Flax crackers a while back...

And I agree totally with @Karlottap that parchment is a must! Or Dixie plates in the microwave (melts easier and more evenly, plus peels back).
  • LowCarbInScotland
    LowCarbInScotland Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Okay now I'm ready to rush out and buy more cheese now @KnitOrMiss ! Those are some tasty sounding suggestions.
  • travelistadiva
    travelistadiva Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I tried these for the super bowl. I used Kraft Mexican Four cheeses and made chips for my guacamole!