Keto Newbie - confused, concerned, unsure how to proceed

Options
2»

Replies

• macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    wesheets wrote: »
    Erinseattle I'm curious if you are heading into maintenance what your weight loss was for how much time invested?

Personally I need some encouragement. I have been doing this for 6 weeks and have had NO success.....no weight loss to speak of AND no inches lost. #veryfrustrated

Hm ... have you read the post in the launch pad about plateaus? If it's been 6 weeks (especially your first six weeks) I think that qualifies. If you want to start your own thread for feedback (so more people will see it and reply) it might be worth sharing your diary, stats, etc., to see if people can help you trouble-shoot. I feel for you; that would be frustrating and discouraging. FWIW I lost 8 lbs the first 10 days, then plateaued for about 4 weeks, but started losing again after that. If you're not seeing any changes at all 6 weeks in, I'd look into making some adjustments at this point.
  • Freckles_87
    Freckles_87 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Ahh thank you all for your responses, I really appreciate it! I think I've finally got a better handle/understanding of things. Today is only day 4 for me, so I'm going to keep doing what I'm doing for a few weeks and then reasess. I have increased my calories though and feel great! As for my random symptoms, I'm hoping they are the result of my body flushing excess toxins out. I'm going to give it a week or so and if they haven't dissipated then I'll make an apt with my doc!
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    Erinseattle I'm curious if you are heading into maintenance what your weight loss was for how much time invested?

Personally I need some encouragement. I have been doing this for 6 weeks and have had NO success.....no weight loss to speak of AND no inches lost. #veryfrustrated

Yes, I tried replying to you privately and MFP keeps telling me that there are no user's with your username (or something like that)! So clearly something strange going on there...
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    ladipoet wrote: »

Yes, I tried replying to you privately and MFP keeps telling me that there are no user's with your username (or something like that)! So clearly something strange going on there...

This happens to me regularly. Or you click on their username and then message but there is no username in the box, so you have to manually enter it. When this happens I dont bother typing out a message as they never send.

• ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    ladipoet wrote: »

This happens to me regularly. Or you click on their username and then message but there is no username in the box, so you have to manually enter it. When this happens I dont bother typing out a message as they never send.

I actually send a lot of PM's and this is only like the 2nd or 3rd time it's happened to me in the last 1.5 years, but it's good to know that others have this problem too so maybe the site is having troubles today or something. Bummer. Appreciate the head's up though @Christine!