13»

Replies

• CoconuttyMummy
    CoconuttyMummy Posts: 685 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    BalmyD wrote: »
    teruma wrote: »

I just tried this one and I can vouch for its deliciousness. Mine was a little tough because I microwaved too long, but it really was like I was eating cake. I wonder how it tastes cold.

The low-carb microwave mug cakes I've made go tough & dry the cooler they get. I find it's a race to eat them before they turn cardboardy, particularly the ones containing protein powder.

Damn good cure for cake cravings though (which I don't get so often nowadays, thank goodness), particularly when you work out the perfect cooking time for your microwave (and eat it real fast!).

I occasionally do a buttery vanilla micro sponge and either split it and fill with Walden Farms calorie-free jam & whipped vanilla cream, like a Victoria Sponge, or I make a casein 'custard' to pour over it (if in using the 'custard' I'll sometimes pop a dollop of Walden Farms calorie-free caramel, chocolate or maple syrups or jam in the bottom of the mug).

I do a chocolate 'mousse-cake' with 1 egg, 1-2 tbsp raw cacao, a scoop of chocolate protein powder, stevia, some almond milk to loosen to cake batter thickness, and a bit of butter or cream if I have enough fat/calories left. If not I sometimes add some butter extract. I like it gooey but you can cook it longer for a firmer cake texture.
  • jemcult15
    jemcult15 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Cream cheese pancakes, whey protein and almond flour pancakes, peanut butter and egg microwave cake, they all have egg but don't taste like it!

Ooh! Could we have your recipe for peanut butter n egg microwave cake, and the whey protein n almond flour pancakes? Pleeeeeeeease!?

The recipe for the Peanut butter Mug Cake: https://lowcarblovelies.wordpress.com/2015/08/31/flourless-peanut-butter-mug-cake/

The recipe for the whey protein pancake, I usually improvise, but it's always something like:

2 eggs
    1/2 scoop of vanilla whey protein (I use Nectar by Syntrax, it has 0 carbs)
    1 tbsp of any low carb flour (either almond, coconut, flaxseed flour)
    baking powder
    and cinnamon, vanilla extract, cocoa powder, chia seeds to your liking

:)

I made the peanut butter mug cake, I gotta say it was delish!